RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderation of forum is not open to debate or discussion on the open forum.

We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason.

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account."

I suggest you move on. Thread was locked at admin's direction and will not be opened.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
That can already be done by members by only quoting comments and not the pictures.

If I click on "Reply" the pictures shows always up in a quote!
I only can remove them by hand, deleting the image which is embedded in the quote.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I click on "Reply" the pictures shows always up in a quote!
I only can remove them by hand, deleting the image which is embedded in the quote.

Correct, when you do the quote, set cursor at the end of the pictures than back space.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
" and for any reason"

"disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums"

"any" leaves a lot of space here! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: If I would be a hedge lawyer, I would have learned THE lesson from this board :laughing7:

Hope you have a little sense of humor left TH !! :occasion14:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys what happen? Think of MAGA ....I mean MTTGA (Make the Thread great again)!! :laughing7:

916 views yet and a lot work to do! :tongue3:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct, when you do the quote, set cursor at the end of the pictures than back space.

That was a simple quote that might have saved the random picture thread. To bad I didnt know how to do that in the beginning ?? Thanks !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So.........the real question is will the random picture thread be fixed, repaired , and re opened ?? Or do we just continue on here ? Do we start the random picture thread 2 ?? Do we sfart there until we bog down t-nets cray super computer banks again ??

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey AARC, I had wondered while I was posting .gifs ( animated pictures ). This is because they appear to run in perpetual motion so even when not being viewed, they were continually running. Locking that thread is, ( IMHO ), simply a band aid fix. Animated .gifs are popular and used on a lot of threads and sooner or later I am afraid other threads will suffer the same consequences. It does seem odd that all of us that participated and used that thread on a daily basis did not experience any problem getting into the thread. Some of us were posting up to 20+ times or more within a short time frame with no problem. :icon_scratch:

...And right here, I believe, lies the real problem. "WE" were the ones going there regularly; not the Mods/Owners. Delete all of your cache and then try going to a page heavy with pics, pic-reposts and lots of GIFS and I'm fairly certain you're gonna have one heck of a time trying to get your page to load.

If I understand correctly, this is what TH has been trying to get across to us.

Also, "my" T-net settings on "my" browser are set up for 15 posts per page. They likely have their T-net browser settings set to 50 posts per page! surrender.gif

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree and is and has been weird... many things cross ones mind.

I would think Crispens thread would have had the same trouble.

I haven't been to Crispen's thread in AGES!! If someone will post a link to a page in that thread which is heavy with pics & GIFS, I'll see how my PC loads it up with my normally-slow connection. Am pretty sure I'll time out.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TH,

I can see ALL activities of my friends and some others at "my activities" :laughing7:

So this is how NSA or CIA feels all day long?! :headbang:

Could you please shut this down? I am not interested to stalking friends or others and see what they are doing (except they have a private webcam where I can watch their wifes and Gf´s) :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:!)

It is also very disturbing while I try to find back threads where I have posted!

Thanks in advance!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TH,

I can see ALL activities of my friends and some others at "my activities" :laughing7:

So this is how NSA or CIA feels all day long?! :headbang:

Could you please shut this down? I am not interested to stalking friends or others and see what they are doing (except they have a private webcam where I can watch their wifes and Gf´s) :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:!)

It is also very disturbing while I try to find back threads where I have posted!

Thanks in advance!

That is an option you have set. What you are seeing are the postings of your "friends" Look at he bar below "My Activities", you have the choice of "All'", "Your Name", "Friends" posts, "Subscriptions", or "Photos", click on the one you want to see, if you don't want to see your "friends" posts then click on your name.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
That is an option you have set. What you are seeing are the postings of your "friends" Look at he bar below "My Activities", you have the choice of "All'", "Your Name", "Friends" posts, "Subscriptions", or "Photos", click on the one you want to see, if you don't want to see your "friends" posts then click on your name.

OMG.... Thanks TH!
Good that I am only half blind.... LOL When I was looking for the settings my nose scratched the screen but I found them!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG.... Thanks TH!
Good that I am only half blind.... LOL When I was looking for the settings my nose scratched the screen but I found them!

Not a problem sir. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, thread is closed and will not be reopened. It only affects one thread, and several mods see the problem.

IF anyone noticed... I liked every post... even posts I don't agree with...

I click the like button on my threads because I "like" the fact someone has taken the time to post in my thread... and builds like counts.

So you know... sometimes I really don't like something that still has a like from me.

But this post... I don't like... and in less TH deletes his own post will stand on this thread as the "post with no like"...

Lots of love and work down the tube... not just by me but from everyone.

I hope the thread stays as it is at least... an is not deleted... although what's the point.

The RPT will be forever sorely missed.

also... I have /was been "egged on" so to speak... seems quite a few "theories" exist amongst many here.

I appreciate all the "inputs"...

But...

Today's NOT the day.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thousands of replies over time reposting of pics and never problem. But now it's an issue because of the reposting of the picture. So I see where and how one is to edit a quote, but that hasn't been discussed on every thread nor is it common knowledge. So if I didn't come all the way over to see the past page and the TH explanation how would we know?
It's kind of like being married and the one expects the other to just know. :dontknow:
Fix the wheel so a reposting of a picture isn't possible, seems simple enough in this day and age.
Wait-There's nothing simple anymore. "If it was easy it would have been done-life 101"

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Just have recently that the USA is selling Soybeans to China.
I BET this is be done by intention!
Everyone knows that from Soy the "ying" shrinks! :laughing7:
This is Scientifically proven!! (NO JOKE!)
To manipulate the ying size of Asian (or any other males) is an clear ACT OF WAR! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I don´t want to wear your Moccasins when the Asians will fight back one day if they find out the truth :laughing7:

Just saying!

Edit: I bet also that Monsanto put a "shrink faster" gen into the soybeans! Biological warfare on the highest and deceitful level! Shame on you 8-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions