RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, have you ever made a rainbow cake?

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is a great how to, I like my food also....cant make link work...wait one please.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vhoov,

Try doing a restart on the computer sometimes things get out of sync...

Last edited:

Deesherman

Aug 23, 2018
Palm Bay,Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett sea hunter 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is green on the bottom what were these used for? It was in about 30 feet of water o the north coast of California C354EA1A-F87B-4B8B-9007-A4009783E307.png

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is green on the bottom what were these used for? It was in about 30 feet of water o the north coast of California View attachment 1629316

Usually ingots or "bars" are just a raw form of the material and is how it's stored, after the metal is smelted it's poured into ingots to be shipped to the end user who would cast it or carve it or forge it into whatever end product they desire.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
It is green on the bottom what were these used for? It was in about 30 feet of water o the north coast of California View attachment 1629316

Looks real unusual at all if I look at the bottom. Seems it is filled and also the corrosion suggests it.
Also the edges has a strange color which comes mostly from other metals.
As example, gold bar fakes are made out of a hollow gold bar 2 or 3 mm only) which was later filled with lead, than comes at the bottom a thin layer of gold which changes directly the color because the lead and when this has cooled down a second "clean" gold layer was filled into it as finish and cover the color changes.

Can you drill a small hole in it at the backside to check it? The worth of the bar didn´t change because if you have here a proven fake bar, it is as same interesting if not more as a regular brass bar. Also I gues antique faked bars are much more rare to find today.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, I love hippie girls. I found a couple of vids for you. Since I didn't want to assume your chosen gender.

-

which gender LOL :laughing7: Second one is absolutely OK for me Buddy!! Don´t need any extras like tactical beards or unshaven male legs :laughing7::tongue3:

The blond is great! Don´t know exactly what it is but this girls looking much better and purer as today.

Gosh and most of this 68ters still don´t know what they did to the follow generations.... :BangHead:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone else problems with the video links in the last days? They need long time to start.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

The Coors.

Looks real unusual at all if I look at the bottom. Seems it is filled and also the corrosion suggests it.
Also the edges has a strange color which comes mostly from other metals.
As example, gold bar fakes are made out of a hollow gold bar 2 or 3 mm only) which was later filled with lead, than comes at the bottom a thin layer of gold which changes directly the color because the lead and when this has cooled down a second "clean" gold layer was filled into it as finish and cover the color changes.

Can you drill a small hole in it at the backside to check it? The worth of the bar didn´t change because if you have here a proven fake bar, it is as same interesting if not more as a regular brass bar. Also I gues antique faked bars are much more rare to find today.
Wrong post lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions