RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of like they do in Saudi Arabia nowdays. Have you seen some of the websites of exotics that they just park on the side of the road ?

This is just one link.
https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/the-story-behind-dubais-abandoned-supercars

I saw a Ferrari F40 in one link.

Nice to understand why. Hope someone ends up with them who can take care of them.
I heard, a few years ago, a fellow talking about how older used Ferraris are quite affordable. Not the F-40 maybe lol

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago in a 5 mile road race I Whooped a Ferrari 308 Badly w/my Porsche !:)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Actually I did pull a few fast ones over on her when she was my boss.

One of the funny ones for you, there used to be a short line Railroad we did a fair amount of business with in Minnesota. Well the owner hit us up for some charitable donations since he had started a drive to collect funds for Christmas baskets in the area where his railroad operated.

The boss wanted to score some brownie points with him so she posted a message to the group stating she would match any and all donations made by her staff. First mistake.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: I jumped in with both feet and responded that I'd donate $200. to get the ball rolling and challenged the rest of the crew to donate as much as they were comfortable with (keep in mind most of them were fairly young and recent University grads for the most part so not all that much spare money).

As it turned out I seem to recall it cost her something like $2100. score one for the rebel.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Actually I did pull a few fast ones over on her when she was my boss.

One of the funny ones for you, there used to be a short line Railroad we did a fair amount of business with in Minnesota. Well the owner hit us up for some charitable donations since he had started a drive to collect funds for Christmas baskets in the area where his railroad operated.

The boss wanted to score some brownie points with him so she posted a message to the group stating she would match any and all donations made by her staff. First mistake.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: I jumped in with both feet and responded that I'd donate $200. to get the ball rolling and challenged the rest of the crew to donate as much as they were comfortable with (keep in mind most of them were fairly young and recent University grads for the most part so not all that much spare money).

As it turned out I seem to recall it cost her something like $2100. score one for the rebel.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

That was probably 2weeks pay. [emoji23]

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My Johnny Cash contribution. When I was a little girl, my dad would play this and I would sing tenor .

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Let's just say I wasn't very worried for her financially....her hubby was a VP at a major oil firm probably making about $250k and she was making about $100k at the time....Besides I wanted to make sure lots of those Christmas baskets went out for a good cause....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Let's just say I wasn't very worried for her financially....her hubby was a VP at a major oil firm probably making about $250k and she was making about $100k at the time....Besides I wanted to make sure lots of those Christmas baskets went out for a good cause....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

All for a good cause. [emoji307]

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

I snooped around to see how she's doing somehow she managed to survive my slings and arrows and is doing quite well as a hotshot consultant......:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

pm to follow.

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Bill, I have a pick for you from our fishing trip on Labor Day weekend. Yeah, I think about you guys even when I am not online.

View attachment 1631975

Believe me. We think about you too...

24f8ac8a85b95fa3f95189a6ad3ec82f--pirate-woman-pirate-wench.jpg

Lol I'm sorry! But you sort of asked for that!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hillbilly Prince,

There's an expression that you only pick on the people you like.....you two must really like each other...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread