RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
kiddo,

Tom tends to be a bit paranoid at times(in a good way) but he does have a valid point. The crew here are a good bunch of people but who knows what sickos are lurking around on the net these days.

A Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to you and your family.

Regards + HH

Bill
====
Very true. I have posted car pics and others on "this" site and then a day or two later find them posted on Photo bucket and others so NO picture posted here, ( on TNET ), is safe.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20181230_223604.jpg
Got some new carving chisels for Christmas. This will be a little sign that says "the island provides" with some pineapples on either side. Probably add something else too. I love carving pineapples.......its one image I feel represents the keys.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1665650
Got some new carving chisels for Christmas. This will be a little sign that says "the island provides" with some pineapples on either side. Probably add something else too. I love carving pineapples.......its one image I feel represents the keys.

A popular motif at one time symbolizing hospitality.

A custom flint longrifle patterned after a mid sixteen hundreds I gave a friend (he'd handed me a fine rifle and I had to even things up , on principle) had a pineapple finale on the trigger guard. A liberty cap on the rear of the tang like a thumbpiece.

Read an account once of people renting pineapple.(!) It must have had a wealth/status factor involved.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Bart, your talent (and success), never ceases to amaze me. Looks very nice. Now you need to trademark or copyright that so you can add that to your "custom" woodworking pieces :icon_thumleft:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well relevant, it's a big part of keys history as well as bahamian history. Most of the upper keys was slash and burn pineapple plantations. It was a huge cash crop until the railroad came through. Then everyone watched as cuban pineapples were shipped from key west right through the fields of key largo. That was the end of commercial growing, but everyone grows them in there yards now days and they truly are nectar of the gods !! So as we say, "the island provides".

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart, your talent (and success), never ceases to amaze me. Looks very nice. Now you need to trademark or copyright that so you can add that to your "custom" woodworking pieces :icon_thumleft:

Simon you read my mind.......I already use it as part of my signature on my pieces. Pineapples, rope, and scallop shells are the carving images that I use in my pieces. Kind of a way to recognize my furniture pieces right away. If the piece has to be clean then I'll usually carve a small pineapple on the underside of the piece.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey relavent,......you remember PMing me about bottles along time ago ?? We talked about custom rum bottles with a silver cob in the bottle ? Well sometimes things fall in your lap, and my brother in law has a distillary now. I've been talking with him about a line of rum like that. Black glass bottles that are hand blown in the mold in the 1700s style. Good rum in them with a replica solid silver 2 reale at the bottom. Just wanted to let you know I never forgot that idea !! And all of a sudden it could be a real possibility!! Well see how he likes the idea and how much it costs. I'd like to do 100 bottles to start.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_8579.JPG
IMG_8578.JPG
Here's another epoxy pour on the termite nest log.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodnight guys.....I gotta fish in the morning. Hopefully I'll get some fish pics.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That termite wood is sooooooooooooooo pretty bart. I'd wish you luck but for some reason you do better on your own ! Stay safe and watch that sunburn as we are suffering frostbite . :BangHead:

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Simon1, I don't know how to tell you this................But BOTH you and this campfire are booooring !:laughing7:
Boring.gif
Tom is falling asleep with a beer in his hand, WD burnt her marshmallows, Bill said he would be back in a second and that was 3 hours ago, Bart's wife called in sick for him and HBP is staring at the sky looking for worm holes :icon_scratch:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I see HBP found my back up car. This time I installed an anti-theft device of my own design :icon_thumleft:
HBP.jpg
Oh and by the way...........PULL UP YOUR PANTS young man ! crying-with-laughter.gif

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
GB.jpg
I see you laughing GB and it isn't funny. Was you in dad's (Tom), stash of lipstick again ? You really need a new role model :tongue3: There is a reason he is over 5,000 miles away from you :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions