RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I decided I was going to start flooring the attic. Well? All it has for access is a pull down set of steps(Ladder) for now. The 4x8 sheet of wood was too heavy for me since I'm a weakling right now. I got soft!!! I cut it in half.......Then it wouldn't fit through the hole. Guess I should have checked that first. So, Now I have to cut all the wood down to 32inches by 4ft. My big plan turned into a hacked up, patchwork floor.

Ok, Just had to tell someone!!! That my OCD is going to drive me crazy knowing that my storage floor, that no one sees "isn't right".:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I decided I was going to start flooring the attic. Well? All it has for access is a pull down set of steps(Ladder). The 4x8 sheet of wood was too heavy for me since I'm a weakling right now. I got soft!!! I cut it in half.......Then it wouldn't fit through the hole. Guess I should have checked that first. So, Now I have to cut all the wood down to 32inches by 4ft. My big plan turned into a hacked up, patchwork floor.

Ok, Just had to tell someone!!! That my OCD is going to drive me crazy knowing that my storage floor, that no one sees "isn't right".:laughing7:

lol

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nitric... I am the same way... I know its "off" and it will always bother me I could have done it better... even if no one else knows or cares. heh

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes in a case like yours I don't want to waste the time and money redoing so I let it ride.

Now... on anything else... I have to redo it... or it bugs the crap outta me.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh... and Nitric... btw...

What are you storing up there anyway ?

Treasure or Christmas ornaments ?

Which btw... to my girl... the Christmas ornaments ARE treasure and to her would be more important. heh

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nitric... I am the same way... I know its "off" and it will always bother me I could have done it better... even if no one else knows or cares. heh

Something that stupid has me sitting here thinking about....."Should I redo that so it's right,and open the access hole up...., since it's going to be a room one day. If I do that then I should plan my wiring ahead of time, Blhh blahh blahhh..." :laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always felt that homes should have 2 attic entrances... one at either end.

Does anyone else find this "logical".

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I never understood why most roof materials were always finished in "dark" colored materials...

I mean... In Antarctica that would be great... Alaska perhaps... but sheesh.

Didn't anyone get the "darker is hotter" memo ?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something that stupid has me sitting here thinking about....."Should I redo that so it's right,and open the access hole up...., since it's going to be a room one day. If I do that then I should plan my wiring ahead of time, Blhh blahh blahhh..." :laughing7:

IF going to be an actual "finished room" then perhaps a "redo" may be in order... and old wood goes toward another project or this one at a later stage of the game.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok... welp... I started it... now up you guys to keep the ball rollin'...

G night... C U n AM.

Ahoy me heartees.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh... and Nitric... btw...

What are you storing up there anyway ?

Treasure or Christmas ornaments ?

Which btw... to my girl... the Christmas ornaments ARE treasure and to her would be more important. heh

Right now I'm buying pallet loads of stuff and selling it. I need room to store some of it. Are attics are Huge!!! Long story short, the builder was going bankrupt and didn't finish the house. drywalled and sold fast. Eventually it's going to be rooms But for now I just need some quick storage.

I started responding and my 3yr son decided to go to work on the Uverse box when I was typing, I looked away for 2 min...... :laughing7: He knocked out the TV and Net. So this post is shorter. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mmmm k. :/

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have always felt that homes should have 2 attic entrances... one at either end.

Does anyone else find this "logical".

I also... I have 2 in my abode. One in the garage and a staircase from the dining room... Good idea in case you are caught in a fire up there... :icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Right now I'm buying pallet loads of stuff and selling it. I need room to store some of it. Are attics are Huge!!! Long story short, the builder was going bankrupt and didn't finish the house. drywalled and sold fast. Eventually it's going to be rooms But for now I just need some quick storage.

I started responding and my 3yr son decided to go to work on the Uverse box when I was typing, I looked away for 2 min...... :laughing7: He knocked out the TV and Net. So this post is shorter. :laughing7:

If your home is built with trusses and you sheeted them in, or you have open framing makes a huge difference in weight loads the ceilings will hold before sagging or cracking in drywall in the lower ceilings.
xgable-roof-framing.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IogyD5svtk.jpg

S should have floor joists instead of the traditional truss framing.
roof_framing_truss3.jpg

Christmas balls are never an issue for weight loads but having a truss with 24" centres will have minimum weight loads that they'll bare.

Most codes require a 2x10" on 16" for a span of 10'.

Solution for your parquet sheeting job, simply put a floor covering on top of the sheeting. It'll give it a finished look, be easier to clean, no slivers. Even if you fill the cracks with a caulking and paint the sheeting in the interim will help you with the problem.

NOTE: Nothing bothers me more than wiring running on an angle through the wall, I want to see horizontal and vertical only. Even though nobody will see it, I will in my mind.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"NOTE: Nothing bothers me more than wiring running on an angle through the wall, I want to see horizontal and vertical only. Even though nobody will see it, I will in my mind."

Maybe wire was too short :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions