EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well , not the worlds first trillionaire , there are trillionaires but we never hear of them for some "strange reason" I :dontknow: why ...

There’s lots of ways to make money here on planet Earth, but the world’s first trillionaire is going to make their fortune in space.

That’s the prediction of Goldman Sachs, who sees space mining as the next frontier in fortune building. According to the investment and banking company, technology is approaching a point where mining asteroids is nearing feasibility, and the first company that makes the leap will be rewarded with riches beyond its wildest dreams.

“While the psychological barrier to mining asteroids is high, the actual financial and technological barriers are far lower,” a Goldman Sachs report explains. “Prospecting probes can likely be built for tens of millions of dollars each and Caltech has suggested an asteroid-grabbing spacecraft could cost $2.6 billion.”

As you’d imagine, the prospect of asteroid mining is being pursued by a number of private companies who hope to cash in. As RT notes, a pair of companies – Deep Space Industries and Planetary Resources – are pushing forward with their plan to mine asteroids and are working with the government of Luxembourg to make it a reality. The country has helped to fund research into the technologies that would be needed to accomplish the goal of mining an asteroid, and received equity in the companies in return.

Asteroid mining will produce the world?s first trillionaire, according to Goldman Sachs ? BGR

Astmine2.PNG

Astmine.PNG

Last edited:

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They'd certainly have to get the nanotube space elevator thing going first. The cost to transport heavy metals back to Earth without it would be a losing endeavor.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats cool, we could start work programs for terrorist and lifers. slave them out in space; I mean if we have ways around human rights on earth like international zones and being declared stateless, just think of what I could come up with for a work program. Tube fed meals and work for air, sounds like a good deal to me, they did after all waste our O2 down here, so why not earn it up there.

In regards to the main topic, space mining, yeah what ever, I do not care, I just want to exploit rights not earned of bad guys and see profit made from it.

Yes i know there is a special place in hell for me, its right next to all my mates. I will be the one with a shirt on that says "Turn the other cheekmyass" and on the back "You up there, forgiving PC types, sure could use a glass of ice water" LOL

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goldman Sachs. Oddjob can include, say, the top twenty guys and gals who ran that den of thieves in 2007/08, on his work roster. Any, I was thinking that some entrepreneurial bipeds 66 million years ago, tried grabbing an asteroid, and look what happened to them. Goldman Sachs, and their buddies would have to drive the value of the relevant minerals through the roof, to make it profitable. Of course, that's easy peasy for them.

OP
OP
EastCoastmetal

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They'd certainly have to get the nanotube space elevator thing going first. The cost to transport heavy metals back to Earth without it would be a losing endeavor.

Nah, anti gravity ships . The technology will soon be "discovered" because they definitely don't have the tech for them now...right? 8-)

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah, anti gravity ships . The technology will soon be "discovered" because they definitely don't have the tech for them now...right? 8-)

Right? Oh thats too funny, cracking up here mate.....

Right? yeah sure, 10 years ago they said the public was 3 decades behind in tech knowledge that existed. I would place that at about 70 years behind now. Its gets any worse than it is and corporations will be publicly running things to such a point they will be holding trials and making government committee members come to them.

Soon its going to pass the point of just making someone pass away in a car crash, they will soon be embarrassing them and daring the government to do something about it. Another 100 years and you will be able to purchase police agencies and trade them like pro ball players, and pay based on performance with only a corporation to report to because they will serve the corp and not the public.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Once science begins serious work with the concept that space pushes instead of gravity pulls, progress will happen.
I happen to be a gravaphobic. Fear of gravity. It's out to get me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread