DSCF0003.JPG

Will Shortly Be Living in Rented Housing, Or My Car :(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skip the car and go for the rental housing Jeff, winters kinda cold for car living. Moving sucks I know, I have moved more than 18+ times to 9 different states since I got out of high school majority was while installing central offices for phone companies.

I lived in my custom van for 3 weeks during the winter in Minnesota when I was sent to a town where there was no rental housing available, took 3 weeks to get into an apartment. Since it was winter I did not want to have to drive 30-50 miles to the closest available rentals due to the snow so I slept in van in a state park that had propane heater I would turn off when I went to sleep. Nights were -10 to -20 below zero too. I had a winter sleeping bag rated to 20 below I slept in, getting up in morning was the problem, get up turn on propane heater, get back in bed till van warmed up.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, your wish has been granted, you are now Amish.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skip the car and go for the rental housing Jeff, winters kinda cold for car living. Moving sucks I know, I have moved more than 18+ times to 9 different states since I got out of high school majority was while installing central offices for phone companies.

I lived in my custom van for 3 weeks during the winter in Minnesota when I was sent to a town where there was no rental housing available, took 3 weeks to get into an apartment. Since it was winter I did not want to have to drive 30-50 miles to the closest available rentals due to the snow so I slept in van in a state park that had propane heater I would turn off when I went to sleep. Nights were -10 to -20 below zero too. I had a winter sleeping bag rated to 20 below I slept in, getting up in morning was the problem, get up turn on propane heater, get back in bed till van warmed up.

This is My Homestead :( Going to really Hurt to see an empty space there :(
Offered it to My Neighbor for $1,000.00. he and his family are Buying up all the properties he can up here
once I get Out. Was suggested tear it Down & put up a Trailer. Both are beyond my Ability.

Yes Every Winter with Heavy snows it gets more Interesting & not in a Good way.
the Township Gave me 30 Days to fix it, But That's not gonna Happen.

Talked them into an Extension, But that won't last forever either.

Contacted Senior Services For Help Locating Housing.
Doing some calling Myself But all say Leave a Message :(
Only Definite s for Me. Place must be in my County, and have Comcast / Xfinity Internet .
There are Some really Crappy Cable services around here :(

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Also you could try:

The Fuller Center for Housing