chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The evil inlaws... Ok I think we can post Good AND Bad inlaw stories here. Can be for girlfriends /boyfriends inlaws also.

I have many. Will start with a few...

Ask Mother in law to babysit 2 year old while my wife is giving birth to our second child. She left our son with the house cleaner all day. Went off to the mall...was supposed to take the cleaning lady home to her disabled grand daughter at 1pm. Was late, cerebal palsy grand daughter unfed, our son unfed. Finally got home at 3, ate her way through the cupboards, left all the mess, kept calling to ask when I would return and if the baby was 'out' so she could leave. No interest in newborn...

Looked after the children 28 nights in 14 years ( finally broke through the 2 nights a year milestone!!)

Lent them 50K to build an extension on their house....didnt want to repay. started paying back 500 here and there....

Father in law slept over, got completly drunk, spoke alot of crud for hours, passed out, woke us up at 4am going through the cupboards for more brandy...

Theres more , Ill ad as we go along

Chub

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Father in law 'gives' me a Whites classic SL because its broken. I clean up the terminals on the battery box. Replace the STEEL bolt on the coil with a nylon bolt from a toilet seat, clean everything.
Wife posts a pic on facebook of my son using it to find a 1890s penny. Mother in law sees it. Father in law calls 30min later asking for it back!!!???

But im grateful they are such tools because it got me back into detecting.

Chub

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
My old Garrett's came from the factory with brass wing nuts to attach the coil. They still work great with the factory brass wingnut.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think it affected it because it wasnt in motion. But it was obviously purchased from a hardware store. My thinking was that maybe it would affect the eddy currents and lose depth?

Chub

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My in-laws have never been a problem, but then again they live 9,200 miles away. :tongue3:

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My in-laws have never been a problem, but then again they live 9,200 miles away. :tongue3:

almost as jealous as the time the guy found the $20 Tesoro at Goodwill.....

maybe I should move to Diego Garcia just to be inbetween our families?

chub

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I think both mine and my wifes family is behind the social power curve by about fifty years.

Anyway, early 90s in the military for a while, met my wife at a special tour at the Library of Congress. We hit it off straight away; hung out, spent three weeks of my leave together. Leave is over she heads back to Switzerland I head back to Bragg. We remain in contact best we can. In time things grew closer and closer, she would come to me when I was in country and if I could i would go see her.

We ended up getting married; we invited both sides, but it was really short notice since I was deploying again. But still two weeks notice. So only her brother
made it, parents said it was too short of notice and diplomatic affairs just do not stop when needed. My parents just said they could not show in such short notice, I was like really, our family owns the second largest total in the world with ranches all over and many other businesses, and you can not make it.

But many of my cousins came, couple aunts and uncles from South Africa, even had some ranch hands show up from Africa, Ireland, Mexico and Texas. But no parents.

Things moved sort of fast the first couple of years, we had both made plans to meet the rest of the family but something always came up. Two years go by and I hear me and my guys are going to be down for 8 days in Italy, so I had my wife come over, this way we could go to Switzerland together and I could meet he parents.

Turns out they had no idea I was white, guess my wife never brought it up, nor did her brother, the only person I knew from her family. Her father was a very rude man, her mother never even acknowledged my existence. My wife was like screw you, where out then.

I told her not to worry about it, that my family would not be the same, that I have many of cousins who married other nationalities or races.

Man was I wrong, few months later we drive to Texas. Nearly two and half years had passed, surely someone in my family mentioned something. But no, because those who did come to the wedding, did not care about colour. Saw my grandfather first out at one of the valley barns, drove over, got out introduced her. all was fine and it was nothing. It was not even on my mind. Climbed back into the truck and started heading to the house. Ran into a few workers and introduced everyone.

Father comes out and yells who is that. I yelled back it was me, and he said your driving a Ford now. Mother comes out to his side and they start making their way our direction. I introduce my wife by her name of course, they knew of her by name, like really how many women was I going to bring home the day my folks where to meet my wife with the same name.

They are just like hi nice to meet you. I am standing there just looking at them for a few seconds and then my mother says ohshit and tells my father this is his wife. Father gets pissed, long story short I tell them both that this ranch is far too big for me to remain civil.

Wife and I get in the truck to leave and grand father pulls up and blocks me from leaving. He say where you going, told him I was leaving before my wife saw that I could shoot family and bury them without emotion. I go to drive around him and last we see of that was him yelling at my folks and shooting them the finger.

grand father in time caught up with us on the highway and we stopped. Asked where we where headed and I said to SA and then Chorpus. He tells my wife move over, hes coming to, he wants to know his favourite grandsons wife. We take off and my wife asked if that was alright to leave you truck on the highway. He said it belongs to the ranch and his son will loose his mind when State police tow it away.

Since we waited until I retired from the Army to have kids, my folks had already passed away before they could meet the kids. But my father was kind enough to call and leave a message on the answering machine advising not to have any kids with a black Ethiopian. So not meeting my kids was no bother.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wife’s Parents,

About a year after my son was born we purchased a house in Italy. I had just started working for Interpol and was told I would be based out of Germany and Italy. We invited them down to meet their grandson, father in law tells my son he will be addressed by his formal title. Like really, blow me old man I have five times the education as you and my son is just barely a year old. My wife knows I speak my mind, so such words did not shock her, but it sure shocked him and his wife. We make it a day and I pull my wife to side and ask her if she really loves her parents, if she would miss them and if our son really needed grand parents in his life.

She tells me those seem like trick questions with odd outcomes depending on the answer. Thankfully when we came back into the room her father suddenly had to return to the office.

But my brother in law arrives, which is great, love MDing with him and like my wife and I he has been doing it since he was a child as well. Her sister also came down to with her husband. Brother in law tells me be careful, her husband is one of those racist New York city blacks who thinks his roots are from Africa.

We make it into the evening, I start pepping food, this fella does not eat pork or fish, I asked him what he would like to eat and he says a steak. Cool, ask if ribeye is fine and he says it is and how he wants it.

During the meal the sister say to my wife, do you think he will darken up some. I was like pretty sure, been a very hot week, just as long as she keeps him away from that sunscreen. Brother inn law is cracking up now and this Yankee is trying to say something and my brother in law tells him, keep it to your self. Her sister speaks up and says some crap about mixed race kids, I mean really, its 2004 you tards. They start going at it, having some words. I grab my son and bring him to bed.

Come back down 20 minutes later and her sister, really holding up that shoot me sign. I sat down and asked if we could change the subject. Suddenly the sisters husband the Yankee dressed like a colour blind Zulu women says no you need to hear this, you son will grow and hear all of this too and you need to expect it. He says that where he grew up they would gang up and beat kids like him and any white they saw. My brother in law tells him, last time I am warning you.

Evening ends poorly for them two and they are allowed to leave.

Sister is a total whore and changes husbands alot. Think that one lasted a year at best.

Her side we only have contact with my brother in law, and on my side contact with just about everyone.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Married into a large family and they are better to me than my own.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm. No true evil recalled. None worth noting out of the ordinary.
My point has always been I was not marrying for / or to the inlaws and would be alright without them if need be...

First ex father in law was a very good man. Humble. Quiet. Loved his family . Though he endured some real crap from some of them. Treated me great. With a smile quite often. I tried hard to return the graciousness he well deserved.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chub, Odd Job, I thought my in-laws were evil. They are, but compared to your stories, they're just lesser ranking demons.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think both mine and my wifes family is behind the social power curve by about fifty years.

Anyway, early 90s in the military for a while, met my wife at a special tour at the Library of Congress. We hit it off straight away; hung out, spent three weeks of my leave together. Leave is over she heads back to Switzerland I head back to Bragg. We remain in contact best we can. In time things grew closer and closer, she would come to me when I was in country and if I could i would go see her.

We ended up getting married; we invited both sides, but it was really short notice since I was deploying again. But still two weeks notice. So only her brother
made it, parents said it was too short of notice and diplomatic affairs just do not stop when needed. My parents just said they could not show in such short notice, I was like really, our family owns the second largest total in the world with ranches all over and many other businesses, and you can not make it.

But many of my cousins came, couple aunts and uncles from South Africa, even had some ranch hands show up from Africa, Ireland, Mexico and Texas. But no parents.

Things moved sort of fast the first couple of years, we had both made plans to meet the rest of the family but something always came up. Two years go by and I hear me and my guys are going to be down for 8 days in Italy, so I had my wife come over, this way we could go to Switzerland together and I could meet he parents.

Turns out they had no idea I was white, guess my wife never brought it up, nor did her brother, the only person I knew from her family. Her father was a very rude man, her mother never even acknowledged my existence. My wife was like screw you, where out then.

I told her not to worry about it, that my family would not be the same, that I have many of cousins who married other nationalities or races.

Man was I wrong, few months later we drive to Texas. Nearly two and half years had passed, surely someone in my family mentioned something. But no, because those who did come to the wedding, did not care about colour. Saw my grandfather first out at one of the valley barns, drove over, got out introduced her. all was fine and it was nothing. It was not even on my mind. Climbed back into the truck and started heading to the house. Ran into a few workers and introduced everyone.

Father comes out and yells who is that. I yelled back it was me, and he said your driving a Ford now. Mother comes out to his side and they start making their way our direction. I introduce my wife by her name of course, they knew of her by name, like really how many women was I going to bring home the day my folks where to meet my wife with the same name.

They are just like hi nice to meet you. I am standing there just looking at them for a few seconds and then my mother says ohshit and tells my father this is his wife. Father gets pissed, long story short I tell them both that this ranch is far too big for me to remain civil.

Wife and I get in the truck to leave and grand father pulls up and blocks me from leaving. He say where you going, told him I was leaving before my wife saw that I could shoot family and bury them without emotion. I go to drive around him and last we see of that was him yelling at my folks and shooting them the finger.

grand father in time caught up with us on the highway and we stopped. Asked where we where headed and I said to SA and then Chorpus. He tells my wife move over, hes coming to, he wants to know his favourite grandsons wife. We take off and my wife asked if that was alright to leave you truck on the highway. He said it belongs to the ranch and his son will loose his mind when State police tow it away.

Since we waited until I retired from the Army to have kids, my folks had already passed away before they could meet the kids. But my father was kind enough to call and leave a message on the answering machine advising not to have any kids with a black Ethiopian. So not meeting my kids was no bother.

Are you sure the problem wasn't because you were driving a Ford:dontknow:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a humorous note...
Ex and I dated for most two years. Both our parents always wanted us over for dinner. Not a problem...we'll alternate. All is good, right? I come from a long line of really good cooks. Mom and Dad both could've been chefs. In those almost two years, I don't think we had the same meal at my house twice. ON THE OTHER HAND...
Her Mom had some kinda perverse love affair with chicken. BBQ chicken. EVERY. FREAKING. NIGHT. 😱 Broil the chicken, pour a bottle of Hunts BBQ sauce over it and mashed potatoes and canned peas ) carrots on the side. EVERY. FREAKING. NIGHT. 😭 I nearly went into arrest the ONE night during that time, the mashed was replaced with baked! 😂 For our wedding reception dinner, guess what the Poultry-in-Law wanted for the main course??? Auugghh!!! 😝 To this day, I will not - NOT - touch chicken! I see free-rangers on the side of the road...I try to run them down! All the members of the Perdue Family are on my personal hit list! 😂 I need a burger after typing this!!! 🐔

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you sure the problem wasn't because you were driving a Ford:dontknow:

Yeah, knowing my folks I bet that ruined their week, I could see it now at the end of every comment I am sure one of them had then the other would complain about that white and silver two F350.

Heck if I would have thought of it I could have told them we where try to make their grand kids in a Case tractor. LOL

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dads third wife killed him and several other bf/husbands for their homes and money. True Story.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dads third wife killed him and several other bf/husbands for their homes and money. True Story.

Evil scale 10

Chub

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was also the only one from my family at the wedding.... my mother told me she wouldnt come because 'she had nobody to look after the dog' WTH? way to go mum!

My own mother didnt attend her mothers funeral ? WTH X2

My own mother didnt attend any of her 4 childrens weddings? WTH X 3

Father killed himself

Luckily I have my own family these days. Grateful to my psychotic parents for making me love and cherish my Wife and boys even more.

Chub

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meeting my future Mother in law for the first time - she did everything not to make me welcome - snatching a magazine out of my hand in LR after asking if I had brought it with me - snide remarks at table, et al.

Come to find out, she wanted to set my now ex up with the neighbors daughter - looking to marry into a nice piece of acreage.

Ah, the path life takes us - :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread