OP
B

boojagirl

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

sparkymaster said:
With out saying as much, are you asking for help from the members here on TNet?

sparkymaster
no not really help, mostly advice.

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
If you really need help with you electric bill please contact me. If you can fax me a copy of the bill showing it's legitimate, the utility company's name and address, the due date, the amount and the account number I'll borrow you the money until you get your check. If I can go on-line and pay the bill for you with my credit card, I'll do it this way, it would be fast and easy. Otherwise, I'll send a money order through over night mail made out to your utility company for you. Make sure the bill has the account number and amount on it so I can fill in the money order correctly if this is the option I need to take. I will and do expect you to pay me back as soon as you cash your check. This will be a loan, not a hand out. I feel this is the least I could do to help out and keep the little ones from going without for two weeks. This effort takes a lot of trust in humanity, I don't know you from Adam but I will trust you to do the right thing. Lets show everyone there's still good honest people in the world.

sparkymaster

GeorgiaFlutterby

Aug 6, 2007
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I am sorry about your predicament and I don't really want to be a downpour on an already damp day but in many states you can lose your children for failure to provide water and electricity. It is considered environmental neglect...I know this because I worked for the Department of Children's Services in my state for years. It would only take one neighbor calling in to have them coming to your home to check it out. Maybe it is not that way in your state, but I would not risk my children if I didn't know for sure. Asking your dad for help or risking your children...which is worse? My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there and good luck.

Georgiaflutterby

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

sparkymaster said:
If you really need help with you electric bill please contact me. If you can fax me a copy of the bill showing it's legitimate, the utility company's name and address, the due date, the amount and the account number I'll borrow you the money until you get your check. If I can go on-line and pay the bill for you with my credit card, I'll do it this way, it would be fast and easy. Otherwise, I'll send a money order through over night mail made out to your utility company for you. Make sure the bill has the account number and amount on it so I can fill in the money order correctly if this is the option I need to take. I will and do expect you to pay me back as soon as you cash your check. This will be a loan, not a hand out. I feel this is the least I could do to help out and keep the little ones from going without for two weeks. This effort takes a lot of trust in humanity, I don't know you from Adam but I will trust you to do the right thing. Lets show everyone there's still good honest people in the world.

sparkymaster
I appriciate that so much but I cannot do that to you, besides I don't have a fax machine or know of anywhere that does, actually I came on here to say that I called and talked to my biological mom (I am adopted) and she is going to send me a check tonight, she lives about 45 miles from here so I should get it in the mail Friday afternoon, I don't know why I never thought of asking her, she is easier to talk to than the parents who adopted me, she knows what it is like to have to juggle bills sometimes, I got her new address (she just recently moved) so I can pay her back.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Well Sparky....I think you were an absolute saint to offer someone you dont even know to pay that bill. Its nice to know there are people like you out there.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
HOSSNV said:
Check your state laws . In Nevada it is illegal to turn the power off on any home that has minors ( children ) or elderly ( Older folks ) . Hoss

Wow. In this area, the electric company will "try" to give you a call if they're about to shut it off - if they can't reach you, then oh well, they "tried." Easier to check on now, with Caller ID, tho. And having a child who HAS to have breathing treatments gets you no special consideration. Lovely place, this (not).

Nan

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sparkymaster....I need a new detector..can I take you up on that offer..lol All jokes aside..that was a stand up thing you offered...glad we have people that are willing to help as you were...Glad you are a part of Tnet..

HOSSNV

Jun 24, 2007
Yes you are right Roswell , they can turn you off , but they must establish contact . My bad I apologize . Hoss

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The law around here is if you have someone under the age of 5, or an elderly person, or a disabled person. They can not turn you off, but the powers that be do as they please, elec . will give you a 24 hr cut off on the door, but the gas, even if your there, they will slip up quietly and shut you off, if they think you will see them they won't put a tag on door. If your not at home they might!

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
EDDEKALB said:
get off the computer (there is one bill)
get rid of cable(there is another)
get rid of phone service(there is another)
by law you are able to dial 911 from a disconnected phone service
then square it away in 2 weeks

Agree 100%
Any disconnected cell phone will dial 911 - it is programmed that way from the factory. A land line (wire phone service) will not dial 911.
Internet - use the library or other free service

As stoney mentioned, fill the tub with water - it takes very little water pressure to flush a toilet.
Hygiene - wash cloth baths using the water from the tub - water service may not be shut off, depending on the utilites arrangement.
If you use candles - be very careful, flashlights take more $$ in batteries. place a candle on a dinner plate so as to minimize the chance of fire. Make sure the candle is completly out before going to bed, smoldering candles can ignite materials.
If you use the gas cooking stove for heat, properly ventilate the house, this stove is not ventillated and in 8-12 hours the carbon monoxide levels in a closed house will cause serious concerns or death.
Use extra blankets while inside

If you are on fixed income, have the local social services get involved, they can't sustain you for long, but they will have options readily available.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
first of all wheres the father?disabilty at 34 years young,you get hurt?better move south weather will be alittle warmer.

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

steve71 said:
first of all wheres the father?disabilty at 34 years young,you get hurt?better move south weather will be alittle warmer.

The father has been out of the picture since 1999 when he got arrested for molesting my (and his) oldest daughter (she was 1 at the time) I went through the court stuff and got his parental rights terminated in 2003, as far as the disability I went through the whole Social Security process a few years ago and I got it for mental disability, I have low grade depression (dysthyma), boarderline personality disorder and slight schizophrenia (sp?) it is really hard for me to concentrate on something for more than a few minutes, it's harder the more things there is to think about, my mind is not very strong, if I am somewhere with a lot of people and if there is to much to listen to and to much to see my mind kind of says "this is to much, I can't take it, good night" and I kind of zone out, which is why I quit driving, I would try to concentrate on everything you have to concentrate on while driving and my mind would zone out and I almost got into a few accidents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread