jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAE SAI, Thailand (AP) — Caves may be magical places in the eyes of explorers, but as millions of Thais following the desperate search this week for a dozen schoolboys and their soccer coach trapped inside a massive flooded cavern have learned, they are also dangerous.

Thai soldiers searching for the missing children and their coach march out of the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai province, in northern Thailand on Friday, June 29, 2018. (AP Photo/Sakchai Lalit)
preview.jpg

"Dark, silent and often impenetrable, caves are deeply mysterious and, as such, they have always had a strong fascination in human societies," said Edoardo Siani, who teaches cultural anthropology at Kyoto University. "They can also be inaccessible and lethal."

preview2.jpg

A rescuer makes her way down muddy steps past water pump hoses at the entrance to a cave complex where it's believed that 12 soccer team members and their coach went missing, Friday, June 29, 2018, in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai province, in northern Thailand. (AP Photo/Sakchai Lalit)

preview3.jpg

https://hosted.ap.org/republicanher...ins-thai-cave-search-muddy-slog?id=i-10550087

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Terrifying example of bad decisions leading to a tragic outcome. I feel bad for these boys who were led by their coach over a mile into these caves. I'm not a fan of claustrophobic environments. I read one of the Thai Navy Seals drowned.. proves how incredibly dangerous the passageways are. The British cave explorer/rescue guys are heroes with nerves of steel. I wonder if the gov't will beg them for help if any more of their own Seals perish ?

Last I heard they were searching for a back way in as the kids claim they've heard noises from the nearby village above. Elon Musk is sending his best tunnel engineers to help. Nail biting stuff...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I heard the Navy Seal ran out of Oxygen before he got to safety.
Whether it was a miscalculation on what he had left, or if he got trapped for awhile
I didn't hear. But odds are if the kids need to swim out, they will die too.

I also heard because there are so many people in with the kids,
the oxygen levels within the cave are dropping also.

though I'm guessing they were being pushed deeper into the cave
trying to escape rising water. one things for sure, the lawyers would be circling like Vultures if that happened here.
and the coach would be facing charges, if he gets out alive.
I wonder if it's the same there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread