Sure you want to drink it???

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I was an Industrial sales rep for lots of years and had a plant where they made this drink. One day the maintenance director took me on a tour. After seeing the vats and what falls in them and the ingredients laying on pallets next to the machines,some bags split open. Since that day, I'll bet I Haven't drank 4 or 5 soft drinks and none that brand.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to avoid all soft drinks myself, the last several years. Maybe 4 or 5 a year tops, never coke though. I was always a Pepsi guy.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drink Ginger ale occasionally.

This time of year with the heat,
I may go through a Case (24 cans) a month at the most.

it's mainly when a water just isn't cutting it , and
Wrong time of day for another Coffee.

The ingredients In coke don't bother me, (not sure I believe the Above ingredients Since there are several Contradicting Ingredients lists online, Probably from Haters ) as Much as it Doesn't come in Glass anymore,
and Doesn't Burn when you take that First sip anymore it just isn't Coke :(.

Remember that First Swing from a 12 oz Bottle from The Store Cooler ?
images.jpg
& it forcing you to go AHHHHHH !!!!

Now that Was Coke.

Only other Option I'd love to try would be The Original recipe from 1886 :laughing7:
No Coca Doesn't Frighten Me :tongue3: I think People still Chew Coca Leaves
In high Places like the Andies, To breathe Easier.

Coca-Cola, or Coke (also Pemberton's Cola at certain Georgian vendors), is a carbonated soft drink[1] manufactured by The Coca-Cola Company. Originally intended as a patent medicine, it was invented in the late 19th century by John Pemberton and was bought out by businessman Asa Griggs Candler, whose marketing tactics led Coca-Cola to its dominance of the world soft-drink market throughout the 20th century. The drink's name refers to two of its original ingredients: coca leaves, and kola nuts (a source of caffeine). The current formula of Coca-Cola remains a trade secret, although a variety of reported recipes and experimental recreations have been published.

Last edited:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
"I'd like to teach the world to sing..." LOL
My wife and I gave up soda, or "pop" as some of you folks call it, years ago. Don't miss it a bit. I watch young children here in New England guzzle it by the gallons. Ever wonder why there are so many young people with health problems nowadays? However, Coke and Pepsi are highly recommended by my dentist!
HH
dts

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't care what's in Coke. I've consumed far worse. I was told we have to consume a bushel of
dirt before we die. I figure I'm about 85% there.
We should include bugs in our diet. The protein to land use ratio give bugs a huge advantage over bovines.

Many of the pills that we are prescribed have almost a book written with them explaining that they might kill us.
We get to choose to die from a disease or the pill.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a short list of items that may contain cochineal-derived colorant:
  • Frozen meat and fish (e.g., artificial crab meat)
  • Soft drinks, fruit drinks, energy drinks, and powdered drink mixes
  • Yogurts, ice cream and dairy-based drinks
  • Candy, syrups, popsicles, fillings and chewing gum
  • Canned fruits including cherries and jams
  • Dehydrated and canned soups
  • Ketchup
  • Some wines and liqueurs (sadly, according to Wikipedia, as of 2006 carmine is no longer used to give the Italian aperitif Campari its distinctive deep red color)
  • Lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, nail polish, and other cosmetic items
  • Pills, ointments and syrups used in the pharmaceutical industry
http://blog.hmns.org/2012/11/color-me-carmine-cochineal-bugs-in-our-food-and-drink/

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is something that just bugs me. Pushing this stuff in the sports world. I see people who drink soda a lot and they are almost always overweight.
I remember real coke. Great taste. But consuming soda daily is just unhealthy. I drink coffee 24-7. Started when I was anout ten lol.
As long as I'm here can anyone tell me how to get coffee that tastes like diner coffee?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
People used to die w/o eating any of that stuff. Mostly it's over doing things that gets ya.
Moderation is the thing many can't do. Our bodies like cheap energy. By cheap I mean easy to convert into energy or fat to store for energy later. Alcohol, sugar, carbohydrates. Easy energy and when you don't need it right away, fat.
Food is too easy to come by and the fat foods included.
Look at what people crave. We have entire industries making donuts.
I'm no different. While not really over weight it would be easy to put pounds on if I didn't pay attention.
Thing is, it's easy to gain weight and the stress to loose it makes many give up.
The USA is the bread basket of the world. Years ago I spent about a year in England. Seems everyone was thin. Not today. They are gaining too.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy do I! My Dad worked at a local Rayon plant, he got paid every Wednesday from which my mom separated mortgage, grocery, clothing and home/car maintenance moneys as well as a vacation fund. We're talking pennies a week here! There was usually less than a dollar left over that covered my dad's smokes and a nickel a piece for my sister and myself for an allowance. We could get a soda, a candy bar, a popsicle or 10 Marry Janes. At least the Mary Janes lasted a while if your teeth could take it. I remember a winter when we didn't get a new coat and shoes. It made for better folks!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
This is something that just bugs me. Pushing this stuff in the sports world. I see people who drink soda a lot and they are almost always overweight.
I remember real coke. Great taste. But consuming soda daily is just unhealthy. I drink coffee 24-7. Started when I was anout ten lol.
As long as I'm here can anyone tell me how to get coffee that tastes like diner coffee?

I guess you need to go to a diner! :coffee2:
Just kidding. I agree, diners have the best tasting coffee anywhere, even the places where people pay $11 for a double espresso - choco - caramel latte with whipped cream.
dts

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once in a very great while Original Pepsi and Myers Rum! Just as a health tonic of course.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't drank any form of Pop in years. Diet or other. The stuff is nasty and very very bad for you Water and BEER only!!

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Haven't drank any form of Pop in years. Diet or other. The stuff is nasty and very very bad for you Water and BEER only!!

yea ! and alcohol kills brain cells. oh yes it does. but we all have our vices. although i do iindulge once in a while.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All that extra stuff is what makes it tasty. Coca Cola is a VERY powerful worldwide corporation. I'm sure they helped write the regulations on Allowable Bug Parts (ABP) in foodstuffs. If you put a slice of bread under a microscope, you would find bug parts, no doubt. Electromagnetic radiation, chemicals, nuclear radiation, fertilizers, insecticides, tobacco, toxic waste cooked into most Chinese products, mercury in our tooth fillings. You name it. The air we breathe is toxic, having spread around the globe picking up only the Guvment knows. Our homes are built with Chinese sheet rock made from coal ash. Our waterways have toxins buried in the bottom sediments. Gold and silver mining releases enormous amounts of toxic waste, previously locked up in the soil or rock.

We could go back to an agrarian society, like around the time of Christ. Of course then, we could only expect to live 30 or 40 years. It all is what it is.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea ! and alcohol kills brain cells. oh yes it does. but we all have our vices. although i do iindulge once in a while.
Yes its true but it only kills off the slow moving cells so Drinking beer actually makes you smarter!!! (Thats my story and Im sticking to it)

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that extra stuff is what makes it tasty. Coca Cola is a VERY powerful worldwide corporation. I'm sure they helped write the regulations on Allowable Bug Parts (ABP) in foodstuffs. If you put a slice of bread under a microscope, you would find bug parts, no doubt. Electromagnetic radiation, chemicals, nuclear radiation, fertilizers, insecticides, tobacco, toxic waste cooked into most Chinese products, mercury in our tooth fillings. You name it. The air we breathe is toxic, having spread around the globe picking up only the Guvment knows. Our homes are built with Chinese sheet rock made from coal ash. Our waterways have toxins buried in the bottom sediments. Gold and silver mining releases enormous amounts of toxic waste, previously locked up in the soil or rock.

We could go back to an agrarian society, like around the time of Christ. Of course then, we could only expect to live 30 or 40 years. It all is what it is.

When I worked in a mom and pop grocery store the woman told me there were always microscopic bugs in flour.
I think one of the biggest problens we face is a growing population of people who have no useful skills, but believe someone should provide for them.
Corporations are allowed to write the rules because they have the money. Like I tell my brother, when you can write a million dollar check to a politician then they will vote like you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread