Senator John McCain passes away.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deducer you have your opinion and I have mine.

John McCain, fighter pilot aboard the USS Forrestal carrier, was inadvertently but recklessly responsible for the devastating fire aboard that ship in 1967. According to witnesses, McCain was waiting to taxi into the launch and was in front of another fighter jet. During this time, he pulled a sophmoric trick called a "wet launch" which is to blow flame through the exhaust. This trick set off a missle on the plane behind him, igniting an explosion and fire. McCain then abandoned his plane in panic, and in the process dropped two of his own unexploded bombs on the deck. These bombs were caught in the ensuing blaze and exploded, igniting an inferno that eventually killed 134 crewmen. McCain, was immediately sequestered and kept from an enraged and vigilante crew who knew what he'd done. Calls were made to his father, a Navy admiral. Shortly after the fire was extinguished McCain was secretly hustled to an arriving helicopter and removed from the plane. No charges were brought against him, and the official story of the fire did not identify him or his actions as the cause of the catastrophe.

McCain, who finished 394th out of a class of 399 at the Naval Academy, but who was the wealthy son of an active admiral, had been ushered into flight school despite his poor and disqualifying academic credentials. Much like his academic record, he was a poor student pilot and was not considered a "top gun" by his peers, though he learned to fly. In his brief career as a lackluster pilot before being downed and captured, he had been shot down 4 previous times and was considered by his peers to be incompetent.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never been a fan of John McCain, never liked him at all. To me he ranked with Hanoi Jane.

But in keeping with my personal faith, may he rest in peace.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think we need to take the politics out and grieve a great American that served well. Rest in peace John McCain.

OP
OP
deducer

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Deducer you have your opinion and I have mine.

John McCain, fighter pilot aboard the USS Forrestal carrier, was inadvertently but recklessly responsible for the devastating fire aboard that ship in 1967. According to witnesses, McCain was waiting to taxi into the launch and was in front of another fighter jet. During this time, he pulled a sophmoric trick called a "wet launch" which is to blow flame through the exhaust. This trick set off a missle on the plane behind him, igniting an explosion and fire. McCain then abandoned his plane in panic, and in the process dropped two of his own unexploded bombs on the deck. These bombs were caught in the ensuing blaze and exploded, igniting an inferno that eventually killed 134 crewmen. McCain, was immediately sequestered and kept from an enraged and vigilante crew who knew what he'd done. Calls were made to his father, a Navy admiral. Shortly after the fire was extinguished McCain was secretly hustled to an arriving helicopter and removed from the plane. No charges were brought against him, and the official story of the fire did not identify him or his actions as the cause of the catastrophe.

McCain, who finished 394th out of a class of 399 at the Naval Academy, but who was the wealthy son of an active admiral, had been ushered into flight school despite his poor and disqualifying academic credentials. Much like his academic record, he was a poor student pilot and was not considered a "top gun" by his peers, though he learned to fly. In his brief career as a lackluster pilot before being downed and captured, he had been shot down 4 previous times and was considered by his peers to be incompetent.

Sorry, but that has been proven to be false.

Snopes fact check: USS Forrestal fire

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Senator John McCain has passed away. Although I almost never agreed with his politics, he was a real American hero- one of the last of such breed.

True American Hero will be missed

As a unique human, just like all of us, he spent his time here and did what he had to do. Unfortunately, he had a great input in the suffering and deaths of millions of innocents worldwide. I certainly don't celebrate that and I won't miss him.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is going to be hard to keep politics out of this thread, but please do.

I have less than zero confidence or trust in Snopes for obvious reasons that cant be discussed here.

McCain was quickly transferred to the USS Oriskany (the only Forrestal crewman to be immediately transferred) after the accident McCain’s father, Admiral John McCain, Jr. explains why is was transferred.

McCain made multiple propaganda broadcasts for the North Vietnamese government.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a fellow Viet Nam Era Vet and past member of the USN...Rest in Peace Sailor! :usflag:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Poor song bird McCain.the only POW in military history to gain weight as a prisoner of war.can you say traitor and collaborator,there you go, I knew you could..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread