??? ..

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
With the typo, bad. I see it all the time where someone has done real work to put something together and failed on the proof reading.

Without, I think it's fine. I definitely don't assume everyone around me is fine. And the world, well...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
depression is abnormal, so I assume most people are normal

I can't go around worrying about everyones feelings

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's not be too hard on the sedated depressant who wrote this wisdom. On a serious note, depression is bad business. And the heart of the above quote is true, not that deep.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not the world that's messed up,the world is fine.Its not the world's fault that it's population consists of 90 percent idiots.Just like the idiots that run around with the save the planet battle cry.This planet has been through more hell than man could ever do to it.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depression is abnormal, so I assume most people are normal

I can't go around worrying about everyones feelings

Who decided it was "abnormal"? :laughing7:

The world is a rough place, It's not all unicorn rainbow farts! or something like that..:icon_scratch: But not all that bad either!

Depression is "normal"! And is ok, depending on how long it lasts and how you deal with it is another topic. Everyone around me is fine!!

Can't worry about the feelings of others to tthe point that is causes your own "depression", thinking the world is so messed up that it's full of overly sensitive people..:icon_scratch:

That quote depresses me....:laughing7: Yes!! I'm joking!

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to the madness Ema.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome Im a deep thinker thats just common sense most people are so wrapped up in themselves to not think thst to begin with

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealing with depression is tough. No expert here, but I would look into diet. I've heard the low-carb diet might help. Exercise is good. Prayer is good, too.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. Perlmutter MD (neurologist) has done a lot of work in the benefits of low-carbs. He wrote "Grain Brain" and has several videos on-line. Excess carbs are way bad for your brain, disasterous. Low-carb diets are easy and you don't feel cravings. When you keep the carbs low you can eat pretty much all you want.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's much info on-line just type in low-carb diet. I don't know, diet in not really the correct term. More like "changed eating habits". Yeah, I'm back on it right now. Not really a weight issue, just brain health. Don't need to spend ANY money on those TV diets.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
The world situation might make one feel anxious, sad, concerned, but not depression. Depression happens regardless of the state of the world or someone's life circumstances.
It's when someone internalizes feelings. The outside world disappears or becomes unimportant. Very dangerous.
Many try to self-medicate to stop the anguish, sadness.
Many things have been tried but nothing universal has been found. At one time depression was seen as in the same category with illnesses like psychosis. Fortunately not today.

A very low carb diet might kill you. Carbs are used for brain food. Cutting back to a healthy carb intake is fine but your body needs carbs.
I have to be careful because I am a carboholic. A regular cookie monster. Our bodies like cheap energy. By that I mean foods easy to convert to energy then fat. Sugar, alcohol, carbs.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grain Brain book talks about 20 - 30 grams of carbs per day for serious cases. 50 - 150 grams in most cases. I try to hold it to 100 grams per day. That's good for dropping about two pounds per week with some walking exercise. That's about all you are supposed to lose or you can run into other issues like gall stones.

Best to read up on it or watch his videos. He talks about the last million years or so the human diet has been low carb. Only lately (last hundred years or so) have the brain diseases become prevalent from excess carb diet.

Some people have protein allergies that can also cause brain issues. Soy is in just about everything.

Here's one for you: What causes higher blood sugar, a candy bar or one slice of bread?

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have intentionally omitted all the maladies, but there is a whole page full. Of course depression is on the list.

I would say Dr. Perlmutter's work might well be the most important health information available for today's society. He has many on-line videos free at his website. I have never bought anything (someone gave me the book) just followed his guidelines. Yeah, I was in total disbelief at first.

The first version of his book he says:

"To my father, who at age ninety-six begins each day by getting dressed to see his patients--despite having retired more than a quarter century ago." Both are brain surgeons.

The subtitle of the book "The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread