Who Are You? Are thoughts speaking to you?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
My thoughts right now are telling to to share with all you guys how much I could go for a massive plate of nachos.

Been thinking about it for the past couple of days since someone brought it up. LOL wont mention any names though.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Speaking of Heretics, I bet if I was a profiteering Padre I could sell the heck out of nachos, hotdogs and ribs during service.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean like a buffet during Mass? Or as the members are leaving? Catch 'em before they get to KFC or a Ryans?
I could go for a huge platter of mesquite jumbo shrimp :p

Last edited:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to quibble but Jesus said you can sin by thinking:

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

I’m definitely screwed!
dts

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Real" vs "Unreal"... LOL! Is it just me...? Or are we getting COSMIC in here...? LOVE IT! Heh... Reason that it is HARDER to create a BEAUTIFUL world is because of Time/Space "limitations"... TIME: It takes time to get ANYWHERE, with our physical bodies; SPACE: How far do YOU have to home for Thanksgiving with your family...? ME: About 2 1/2 hours in TIME; about 80 miles in SPACE... Wish that I was Jonathan Livingston Seagull... THINK! AND! You are THERE! Save on Time & Gas! Heh!

You imply it is easier to create the crap reality than a beautiful world. Which may be true in the sense it is easier to be reactive, easier to not strive. Unless one is born into a comfortable life they must fight for better.
Time seems to be flexible. How the hours drag when you are trapped at some function with your wife's friends. But how the time flies when you are with a beautiful,witty and wildly uninhibited woman.
This may all lead back to WT's point.
The child born into poverty is exposed to a very different world than that child born into comfort.
Have you read Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
My thoughts right now are telling to to share with all you guys how much I could go for a massive plate of nachos.

Been thinking about it for the past couple of days since someone brought it up. LOL wont mention any names though.
Make it YOUR Reality!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You imply it is easier to create the crap reality than a beautiful world. Which may be true in the sense it is easier to be reactive, easier to not strive. Unless one is born into a comfortable life they must fight for better.
Time seems to be flexible. How the hours drag when you are trapped at some function with your wife's friends. But how the time flies when you are with a beautiful,witty and wildly uninhibited woman.
The child born into poverty is exposed to a very different world than that child born into comfort.
Have not read that book...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, Buddha was born into a life of privileges, being lied to about being infirmed, old age, & death. Once he got outside of that WEALTH "Prison", he saw REALITY... the REST is HISTORY.
THE MIDDLE WAY!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Tell more about THAT book...

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think those thoughts,you DO NOT create those thoughts.

You learn to lust, you learn to desire what is "good" in the eyes of the wirld? I can see that point. But you are responsible at some point.
Your point concerns those thoughts we are programmed to think. I'll try to find a short video which talks about your point to post here. Seems relevant.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell more about THAT book...

Rebel, it is a long book. Almost six hundred pages. Just a warning lol. But easy to read. It is the story about a British boy growing up in the late 1800's. Trying to sort out life and expectations, religion, love. It Isn't Charles Dickens.
The boy's name is Phillip. He doesn't know what he wants really. It is hard to describe-on the surface it is a novel but it pulled together all my scattered thoughts, questions, and observations I had when I was younger.
Maugham was a brilliant writer. You can get a paperback copy for less than ten bucks on amazon.
I think it may be the best novel ever written.
Maugham editor was afraid the public would think the ending too cynical so Maugham tacked on a happy ending which some editions have and some don't.
If you want to know the meaning of life just read the book :)

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the video