Who Are You? Are thoughts speaking to you?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
[FONT=&quot]Who Are You? [/FONT]
Are thoughts speaking to you?

by Roy Masters

Are thoughts speaking to you inside your head as a demanding parent shouting orders, and do you still conform to this now inner presence, as might a child with a cruel authority? Until you find the truth that sets you free, this voice will continue nagging, utilizing past guilt and the fear of punishment, as the ever-present command and control.

Adopting this voice as your very own thoughts and belief system is a foolish "self" deception. This “self” is not you; it is a parent/sibling phantom identity feeding a legion of childhood traumas.

Through many generations of controlled and controlling people it came, with many choosing the victim status rather than that of the tormentor. Fomenting resentment is a dangerous trap, locking you into the subservient role, the only other "choice."

Inside, two forces are in conflict, one is a mental voice of language, loaded with the programming of a child's obedience to authority. The opposition is the wordless word of conscience. It is time now to do what you could not do before, that is to say, transfer your allegiance back to the wordless word in your heart.

Dropping resentments effortlessly dissolves any programming; the first resentment is towards the tease that lives in your mind; the second with look-alike people, places and things.

Naturally, you do not wish to become like what you hated, but because that is exactly what is happening there evolves a strange addiction with resentful struggles. The only sense of self-worth you have ever known is rooted in a perpetual conformity or rebellion against all authority. That authority still goads you from that other place…now at home inside your head.

A hate object is needed because resentment has become a necessary evil…a sustaining food for the false core of worth and loyalty. From the guilt of hate springs misguided love, and then presents itself as a loving and devoted person, when in reality it is only a slave.

Between the stimulus (the tease) and your response, there is a holy space. Here lies the freedom to choose new responses that will shape your new destiny. Unfortunately, emotional upsets block this blessing from coming through, advancing the cause of disease and suffering.

As a little child, you once knew how to be carefree; to move and have your true being, but cruel love stole it away. Others now live through you...as you.
[FONT=&quot]\[/FONT]
The real you reading this should be grasping the fact that you no longer need to function from the malevolent spirit implanted in language; the silent cognition of what you are reading here is sufficient to begin lifting the burden.

Lately, emotions have begun to run away with your common sense. Emotionally entangled, dark dream thoughts are always lurking. They appeal to you in those irrational moments of discontent urging you to act them out.

A lifetime of excuses has become false beliefs, leading to wrong relationships, blind alleys, hopelessness and despair. Considering this Learn how to separate from this endless loop of emotionally sustained thought.

Those without faith have nothing but vainglorious goals and dreams; a phantom’s voice leads as the hope of the hopeless.

No one can give himself faith. Nevertheless, if you will simply doubt that voice that has made you doubt what is right in your heart, it will allow faith to enter as a born-again experience.

At the threshold of reality, the masquerading self will be unmasked; fear and resentful resistance will no longer empower it. Henceforth, remain calm. To survive, it must convince you that being upset is a very normal thing, but it lies. Through the arousal of blinding emotions, it always drew its identity from the wrong crowd you thought were friends. Stand back from the refuge of thought-chemistry, for this ghostly thing loathes and fears observation.

You never were addicted to the judgment of resentment, it was "it" thinking through you, as you, and “it” never wanted you to know.

Upon your awakening, it will react as if mortally wounded. All this time, this thing was thriving on your emotional confusion and draining your life. All the more reason to be perpetually watchful; do not believe its mocking, haunting and disheartening presence. Since your frustration is its power, refrain from talking to yourself in your head lest you fall into a whirlpool of maddening beliefs.

No one can grow rightly by reacting wrongly; emotional obedience always transfers the loyalty to the tease source, allowing the dark nature to continue growing and attaching itself parasitically to your soul. It is impossible to have a meaningful life without the right response to all wrongs.

Therefore, resist not evil, overcome it with good. Resentment in all its forms, for any reason whatsoever, will continue to separate you from the good that overcomes evil.

Evil is not a person, just the same phantom thing in others, reproducing itself through cruelty, and needing a victim’s resentment to get in.

Therefore, endure cruelty and betrayal minus resentments. Hold fast to the wordless word in your heart that bears witness to these words. Be still and allow the essence of a new being to germinate through the quiet place within, revealing the redeeming Light to others. Remember, only while in emotional extremes and submerged in fantasy can your parasitic other self survive.

Fear not, you do not sin by thinking, which is to say, observing teasing thoughts and impure images flitting across the screen of your mind. Only by indulging those (familiar) delusions of grandeur and revenge, will the soul fall into agreement with the invader. That is why it does its best to make you think that the revealing Light of
conscience is the enemy; therefore, meditate unceasingly to keep from such unwitting cooperation. Because sin is more than mere conditioning, as with post-traumatic stress disorder, it requires the soul's agreement to flourish.

The way to the way lies in that quiet place beyond the imagination realm. In this space, you will perceive a fraction of a moment into the future, and hence freedom from all wrong choices. The soul of the true self can operate from two places, but a parasite from only one…the sensuous realm of mind.

God does not download his mercy, meaning, and purpose into a mind lost, or escaping into an endless loop of thought.

You do not have free will the way you think. The proclivity to respond to cruel masters comes preconditioned from birth -- inherited. Christians call this "born in sin". No human since Adam has had the choice of good and evil; for us, there is only one way to salvation from the bondage that we all inherited from the first man's choice. Our individual righteousness can never be good enough.

Therefore, conflicts and anxieties, accompanied by various sufferings, will continue to bring you to your knees; yet, think of this pain as a good thing. As the first human, you would have made the same mistake as Adam, who lost his bright nature. Your choice is more merciful, not as much a choice, as the salvation from (the original) one.

New Year's resolutions never work, because, as you will eventually discover, a puppeteer is pulling the strings of your mind. The Apostle Paul realized it was sin at home inside him. So, do as he did, claim Christ's forgiveness now and pay it forward to others -- endure affliction patiently while standing firm in unswerving loyalty to what is right in your heart.

As you make this journey into the will of the Light, understand two important principles. First, become aware of any resentful resistance to correction, especially from conscience, for it has always been your friend and never your enemy. Second, see resentment as the handmaiden of a legion of judgments. It was resentment that opened the door of your mind and allowed the unforgiving seed to enter, which having no life of its own, began to feed on your failings as well as the downfall of others.

From now on, errant behaviors are no longer excusable, because, from man’s beginning, the excuse has been the friend of the fiend, with enablers more deadly than a serpent’s poison. Think of the damage you could prevent if only you could admit your own wrong and stand up patiently to the faults of others.

You will find meaning only when suffering becomes a heartfelt search. Frustration shall rule, until the conflict from foolish dreams causes salvation’s inward cry.

GOD Bless

Chris

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to come back to this. This is an interesting topic. But my head isn't in it yet today. It will start smoking and overload if I try to think too much! :laughing7:

I don't think it's speaking right now. They all went on vacation!:laughing7: So, I don't even know who I am today! No one's up there to tell me!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to come back to this. This is an interesting topic. But my head isn't in it yet today. It will start smoking and overload if I try to think too much! :laughing7:

I don't think it's speaking right now. They all went on vacation!:laughing7: So, I don't even know who I am today! No one's up there to tell me!

I will keep telling you,this is the key...

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A mind is a terrible thing to have. :BangHead:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to quibble but Jesus said you can sin by thinking:

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to quibble but Jesus said you can sin by thinking:

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Ever wonder where the thoughts you think come from?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever wonder where the thoughts you think come from?

To be fair, Jesus seems to be speaking of someone actively wishing he could proceed with his desires.
Anyway, I am pondering where do my thoughts come from.
Who is Roy Masterson? I searched but found nothing more than Facebook, which I would never join.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can do my own thinking thank you. I don't have little voices telling me things. There is no internal battle going on here. I am who I am. Like me or not, I could care less. There is no such thing as a man that didn't have bad thoughts of some type in his head at some point during his life. It's how you handle those thoughts that matters. Notice I said thoughts, not voices. I also don't believe in demonic possession or exorcisms.

“Can human folly harbour a more arrogant or ungrateful thought than the notion that whereas God makes man beautiful in body, man makes himself pure in heart?”
― Augustine of Hippo

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I can do my own thinking thank you. I don't have little voices telling me things. There is no internal battle going on here. I am who I am. Like me or not, I could care less. There is no such thing as a man that didn't have bad thoughts of some type in his head at some point during his life. It's how you handle those thoughts that matters. Notice I said thoughts, not voices. I also don't believe in demonic possession or exorcisms.

“Can human folly harbour a more arrogant or ungrateful thought than the notion that whereas God makes man beautiful in body, man makes himself pure in heart?”
― Augustine of Hippo

OK,where do the thoughts you think come from?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what's happening on any particular day.

Today my thoughts came from the area of my brain that wants to run people off the road when they speed up and slow down for no particular reason while driving in the fast lane on the interstate. Those thoughts of mass homicide quickly pass though as I am a free thinking person.

Yesterday my thoughts were of empathy for the freshly killed doe that appeared to be staring right at me as I drove past the accident scene on the highway. Poor girl.

Tomorrow my thoughts may come from the pain occurring in my lower back as I probably overdid it today, physically.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends on what's happening on any particular day.

Today my thoughts came from the area of my brain that wants to run people off the road when they speed up and slow down for no particular reason while driving in the fast lane on the interstate. Those thoughts of mass homicide quickly pass though as I am a free thinking person.

Yesterday my thoughts were of empathy for the freshly killed doe that appeared to be staring right at me as I drove past the accident scene on the highway. Poor girl.

Tomorrow my thoughts may come from the pain occurring in my lower back as I probably overdid it today, physically.

Are you creating them or do you see you are receiving them.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? My thoughts are my own. Whose else could they be? I don't get messages from aliens or hear voices in my head. That would require medication. Lol

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? My thoughts are my own. Whose else could they be? I don't get messages from aliens or hear voices in my head. That would require medication. Lol

I don't think he is speaking of voices in your head or aliens sending you thoughts. Some people seem unable to succeed, achieve, move on. There may be a pattern to their thoughtsl, even their actions which they need to break. Imagine a kid who was constantly belittled by his parents. He gets a bad grade and his father tells him, "I knew you would because you are stupid."
Or whatever. Kid grows up, fails at something, and tells himself Well, I'm stupid, and gives up rather than logically figuring out what went wrong and try again.
People can be conditioned.
Now World is adding a religious aspect but this does not invalidate some of his points.
Of course, it is possible I am missing World's point entirely but it is true children can be conditioned to fail or win. Think about people you know. The successful and the ones who seldom succeed.
You appear to be very confident in your thinking.
I came to a conclusion long ago. You are either predator or prey in this world. Of course, you do not have to be a full blown predatory type cheats people, lies and so on. But you at least better be aware of how things are, and take care of you and yours.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think he is speaking of voices in your head or aliens sending you thoughts. Some people seem unable to succeed, achieve, move on. There may be a pattern to their thoughtsl, even their actions which they need to break. Imagine a kid who was constantly belittled by his parents. He gets a bad grade and his father tells him, "I knew you would because you are stupid."
Or whatever. Kid grows up, fails at something, and tells himself Well, I'm stupid, and gives up rather than logically figuring out what went wrong and try again.
People can be conditioned.
Now World is adding a religious aspect but this does not invalidate some of his points.
Of course, it is possible I am missing World's point entirely but it is true children can be conditioned to fail or win. Think about people you know. The successful and the ones who seldom succeed.
You appear to be very confident in your thinking.
I came to a conclusion long ago. You are either predator or prey in this world. Of course, you do not have to be a full blown predatory type cheats people, lies and so on. But you at least better be aware of how things are, and take care of you and yours.

When you put it that way, I can kind of understand what you mean. I know how the world works. I was a "nice" guy most of my life. Eventually, I got tired of the one way street and helping those who don't reciprocate. I look out for me and mine only.

As for the conditioning aspect, my 50 year old younger brother would be the poster child. He never grew up, emotionally he's about 10, and full of contrition and guilt. He can't really support himself, going from meaningless job to meaningless job. He has no goals, ambition or imagination. He is his own worst enemy. I won't get into specifics but my father (at the very least) belittled the both of us on a daily occasion.

So my question would be...How can one child be affected so traumatically and the other not? Being raised in the same household and all?

Maybe because I confronted my father and put the fear of god in him the last time he tried to put his hands on me some 35 years ago?

I think my brother still sees him as a monster. I see him as a weak little man who should have never had kids to begin with, much less tried to raise them.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When you put it that way, I can kind of understand what you mean. I know how the world works. I was a "nice" guy most of my life. Eventually, I got tired of the one way street and helping those who don't reciprocate. I look out for me and mine only.

As for the conditioning aspect, my 50 year old younger brother would be the poster child. He never grew up, emotionally he's about 10, and full of contrition and guilt. He can't really support himself, going from meaningless job to meaningless job. He has no goals, ambition or imagination. He is his own worst enemy. I won't get into specifics but my father (at the very least) belittled the both of us on a daily occasion.

So my question would be...How can one child be affected so traumatically and the other not? Being raised in the same household and all?

Maybe because I confronted my father and put the fear of god in him the last time he tried to put his hands on me some 35 years ago?

I think my brother still sees him as a monster. I see him as a weak little man who should have never had kids to begin with, much less tried to raise them.

Out of Control People Use Anger to Get Back Control

by Roy Masters

Behavior modification as practiced in modern psychiatry, deals only with the symptoms and surface behavior rather than the underlying problem. The cause of violence in men, or even women for that matter, is the loss of sovereignty and self-control due to childhood trauma and daily stress. One of the most fundamental causes of anger lies in the many forms of injustice we see all around us. Frustrated by outrage and unreasonableness, we lose control. Perhaps it is a manipulative spouse playing mind games, spinning everything you say, {making what they did wrong your fault.} That kind of unreasonableness can literally cause anyone to blow a fuse. Intimidation invariably compels an escalation by the victim in an attempt to out- provoke the intimidator into submission and so regain control. That game always backfires, making the angry person look so much more wrong, that he ends up with the short end of the stick, while the real offender gets away with it.

The secret of anger management already exists within. We need only to rediscover the civilizing art of grace under fire, growing in stature by dealing calmly and graciously with offenders.

Forty-seven of my seventy-two years have been focused on helping people to overcome the hypnotic conditioning of environment. As a former professional hypnotist, I made a startling discovery which is that the pressures of everyday life exert a hypnotic influence over all of us from the day we were born. Furthermore, therapeutic hypnosis cannot solve problems, it is the problem itself.

Every time we overreact to what we call stress, we activate a traumatic turmoil within that allows the circumstance to implant suggestions and behavior patterns below the level of our consciousness. These subconscious behavior patterns grow stronger than all the efforts of our will to overcome them. Worse yet, the very struggle we wage against any unwanted behavior only strengthens its power over us.

From that point on, every painful event of childhood tends to reappear and be reinforced by the ever-present stress. In much the same way as a Vietnam veteran tends to overreact and jump behind the sofa upon hearing the backfiring of a bus, so does our implanted behavior automatically compel us to respond to look-alike and sound-alike situations. Unfortunately, our wives, husbands, or people we meet may not really be as mean-spirited as those who have hurt us in the past. Nevertheless, we react to them as though they were the very same violators or molesters of our past. In other words, the implanted behavior of our past continues to be reinforced in the present, to gain strength, and thus to guarantee a more miserable future.

In order to solve any problem we must see clearly what the problem is. At a very vulnerable time in our life, we may have overreacted with anger to some type of cruelty. There is one particular form of anger that separates us hypnotically from the sovereignty of our natural self-control, and the name of that anger is resentment. Those who wish to dominate and control us need only to intimidate us. Through the guilt of being upset and the need for peace, we tend to transfer the control of our lives to outer authority, as we did as a child. We can, of course, continue to become submissive and to yield in order to keep the peace. But doing so does nothing but teach manipulative people to go on being angry to get their way. The more you empower the despot, the more he will take advantage and walk all over you like a doormat. When that gets too much for you, then comes the violent rebellion and thus hell escalates between husband and wife, father and son, mother and daughter.

Therefore, the solution lies in the present moment. If you discover the way to stop reacting to the present as the extension of your past, a wonderful thing happens. It is the present reaction of resentment that builds upon the original implanted event and reinforces all aberrant behaviors. I have found a way to break that spell by reconnecting a person to his or her original innocence. This can be accomplished by a simple technique that needs no support group, just a tape and a book through which to relearn how to connect to our original selves and disconnect from overreacting. We become calm in the face of confusion and cruelty, and by remaining poised in the face of adversity, we starve the original root of implanted behaviors of their daily reinforcement and become free and in perfect control of our emotions.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who said I used anger or was out of control? You don't know the circumstances or my present day relationship for that matter. To presume you do shows you have much to learn yourself there grasshopper.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Who said I used anger or was out of control? You don't know the circumstances or my present day relationship for that matter. To presume you do shows you have much to learn yourself there grasshopper.

Do you ever get upset?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kung Fu reference ftw:) Snatch the pebble from my hand.
I don't think he was directing that at you specifically. Obviously he knows nothing of your life.
I was thinking about what you posted- how you and your brother turned out in response to your upbringing.
Maybe it is simply DNA. Maybe something you experienced which he did not. Did your mom take his crap? What were your grandparents like. Maybe you just inherited that trait which allowed you to confront him. But I think that is a big part of the difference between you. You took action it seems.
Your father sounds like my grandfather. He was a monster. He had traits of a psychopath and sociopath. I don't mean psychopath as people commonly think of it. Children developed a sense of empathy around eight. That generally is missing in people like my grandfather.
As a result my dad was determined not to be like him.
My mom was laid back. Very little bothered her. I'm like her, and hard to get mad, but got that little bit of grandpa which makes me go medieval if pushed far enough.
Humans are complicated. Some people spend their lives trying to fix something which they feel isn't right, and keeps them from being happy. Maybe they find a teacher, a book, religion or whatever and they feel like it works for them.
You probably are as mystified by your brother as I am by mine. He did have one job most of his life but now he is content to be a couch potato lol.
Does your brother bother you? I mean, do you try to get him motivated?
People do change. They can change if they want. But it can be hard. You can't undo the past and it can be a crushing burden.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread