Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
The Jets fuel was kerosene.

Actually jet fuel is a mix of either kerosene or naphtha with gasoline. The gasoline is for better ignition
and helps with flow at altitude. Jet fuel has different grades like JP1 -JP4 with different amounts of gasoline.
JP4 for example is 75/25 aprox kerosene to gasoline. (Or was)
Not that is makes much difference in BTU content. Kerosene jet fuel is aprox 127K to 129K BTU's/ US Gal.
Gasoline, depending on additives is about 125K BTU's/US Gal.
I remember a guy on a ground crew that wiped down the inside of a B-47 cockpit with jet fuel because he thought the shine was nice.
The crew chief didn't agree.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah. But did the jet fuel damage the structural integrity of the airframe when it was wiped off, or not?

:laughing7:

No damage as the B-47 cockpit. It's almost all metal and painted. No where near the air frame. The problem from the crew chief's view was JP-4 is ignitable and represented a possible fire. Some people are concerned about a weapon system on fire.
No uploaded bombs on this one and he would be prevented from accessing the cockpit if it was. Probably shot. This particular guy was a bit of a legend because of the things he did. Not a lifer.

It's actually not that easy to ignite jet fuel. Easier than straight kerosene but not like straight gas. I remember the time I saw another guy flip a lit cigarette in a can of fuel oil (same as kerosene) and it just went out like if it was water. I didn't know what to expect. For ignition the fuel/air ratio has to be right.

The updraft in a high rise might cause a supercharger or after burner effect when the fire sucks in more air. I'm not a fire guy but I've listened when fire fighters talk of how fires behave. I remember a racing boat that was powered by a jet engine. The builder intended to steer the boat by installing two blades (titanium) in the exhaust of the jet. One for up and down and the other for side to side.He underestimated the temperature of the exhaust and on the first run melted the blades. Victim of poor planing.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But

Now I'm thinking something far more Advanced was used.

IMO' The Nano Thermite could have been used on WTC BLD #7 .

My memory can be bad at times , but I recall that Day for Several Reasons other than the Attack , I clearly recall watching Fox News I think & someone stated (A Fire Fighter , I think ) 'We need to get away from building 7 cause "They are gonna bring it Down", I recall thinking ? how would they have time to place the charges in the right areas" especially in the Kayos on NYC on 9-11-01.

There is a fireman on tv saying “pull it”.
No way did they have time to set those charges that day.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a fireman on tv saying “pull it”.
No way did they have time to set those charges that day.

Yep !
"Strange times we are livin in brother".

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have something to add about that day.
My brother in law is a coroner in NYC.
That morning, three bodies still strapped into their seats were taken to the morgue. I know for a fact that a few basic checks were done.
All three of the deceased had body temperatures of 73 degrees Fahrenheit.

That's all I have to say about that.

BC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread