Gnats have been eating me alive, up my nose, in my eyes, even into my ears !!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Continued rain here, one storm after another for over a month. The hurricane took out my driveway, washed out both sides of my bridge yesterday. Had a backhoe in at the break of daylight, and now I have egress.

But meanwhile about a week ago here come the gnats. Never had this problem up here before.

So after the bridge was open I sped to town and bought a pack of 4 of those sticky strips you hang from the ceiling. Still got some gnats, but each of those strips trapped hundreds of gnats, and nothing is trying fly up my nose now.

They worked! And, I have egress to church in the morning :)

Now I gotta dig up some clean clothes!!! Wash time again.

Life in the wilderness......

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Will those strip work on skeeters?

Maybe, they're worth a shot and are cheap. They're made for flies. They must be coated with something to attract the critters. I've not seen one single gnat this morning. I think I'll stock up on those strips. All four of them are coated with gnats, hundreds and hundreds each.

With the number of gnats on them, no wonder they were driving me crazy - which really is a short trip.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread