Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"@$!@$!@$!!! #@@@@@@%^&$%^&%$#&^#*((%&)^#%##>#!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! ???????? !!!!!!!!!! $%#@%!!!!!!!"

I dug about 67 square nails about two weeks ago. That was what I was screaming in the middle of a field.

Have you ever watched a "hitler finds out" video? That's what I sounded like.

I know the feeling. My first detector didn't seem to understand anything but those old square nails. Spent a day digging old square nails at a homestead from the 1800's, so the next day I went to a popular swimming spot on the Saline River . . . on the sand bar, my first hit was a square nail. I can still hear my wife laughing at me.

Thanks for bringing back that memory, NOT! (JK)

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Click on the "attachment 1699518" link. For some reason the forum won't display the linked photo.

Goes to a page which says "invalid attachment specified. Contact admin." It's okay. Happens sometimes :)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m getting tired of people trying to upsell me something everywhere I go.
Or getting to the register with five change cans for charities and the cashier is pushing a heart for $5. I tell them "I'm all donated out for the week, HEY! would you like to donate to FMF?" What's FMF? It's the Feed Me Foundation...........

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it will fire back. Pee on the seat will trigger a pump which will fire about 2 cups of liquid back at the perpetrator.

Thus the apple cider vinegar (still would rather the "eau de skunk", but I'm pretty sure that's too much and would result in termination of employment at a minimum).
Try apple juice with a couple drops of water to get the color right. I used to work in a hospital and would fill a specimen cup up & leave it at the nurses station. One of the RNs would always ask "What the hells this????" I'd walk over, take a sip and say Yup! that's urine! and walk off. The expressions were priceless!!!! Or take a Baby Ruth candy bar mush & mould it till it looks like a turd. Tuck it in your waist band. Walk down the hall and let it drop. When the person behind you gets close to it, turn around say "Oh! That's mine!" pick it up take a big bite and hold it out to them and ask "Want a bite?" guaranteed that person will leave you alone forever! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree about the big store with one cashier. They shot themselves in the foot partially for how they treated their employees. Of course their are other factors, too. They are not the only big stores that are trying to force self scan on us. I flipping hate self scan! If they were to give a discount for using it, I would feel better about it.

Welcome to the site, from Ohio.
When they try to wave you over to the self scan make sure you tell them sorry I'm not being paid to be on a till!!! I do this at Lowes and they say here I'll ring it for you. Then they scan a sticker on the counter & wha laa! 10% off! Oh!, the glares from the other people standing ten deep in the other line? Priceless......... Have fun with it!!! They can't shoot you fore trying!

We went to a clothing store one time and while walking in I noticed all that was open was the one self check registers. We loaded a shopping cart with stuff from all over the store. My friend bailed so I shoved this overflowing cart up, said you got no cashiers? The girl didn't even look up just waved to the self check. Told the other girl "I don't know how to do this, I'm a customer not a cashier" Walked out leaving the cart. Bet the girl was thinking it'd been less work than doing all these go backs................

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
When they try to wave you over to the self scan make sure you tell them sorry I'm not being paid to be on a till!!! I do this at Lowes and they say here I'll ring it for you. Then they scan a sticker on the counter & wha laa! 10% off! Oh!, the glares from the other people standing ten deep in the other line? Priceless......... Have fun with it!!! They can't shoot you fore trying!

We went to a clothing store one time and while walking in I noticed all that was open was the one self check registers. We loaded a shopping cart with stuff from all over the store. My friend bailed so I shoved this overflowing cart up, said you got no cashiers? The girl didn't even look up just waved to the self check. Told the other girl "I don't know how to do this, I'm a customer not a cashier" Walked out leaving the cart. Bet the girl was thinking it'd been less work than doing all these go backs................

Lol! I do say it loud and proud, “I don’t work here! If you pay me, then I might do it. Oh but wait! I already have a job! I don’t want two.” Yep I can be a stereotypical witch.
Oh I am going to have battles in this tech age!
I noticed in the past couple of months an influx of people getting paid to shop for others. That’s their job. What the ???

Several years ago they built an IKEA. We made the long drive to check out this big to do store. We got all the way through it and found out there are no cashiers it’s all self scan. I was ticked and wanted to walk out but the person I was with convinced me to just pay for it and move on with my life. I haven’t been back since.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Goes to a page which says "invalid attachment specified. Contact admin." It's okay. Happens sometimes :)

Okay, downloaded the image . . . and posting directly to forum:

crowd-business-people.jpg

My goodness, all the whining! :laughing7:

Where's the complaint department so I can just drop 'em off there? LOL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, downloaded the image . . . and posting directly to forum:

View attachment 1699900

My goodness, all the whining! :laughing7:

Where's the complaint department so I can just drop 'em off there? LOL!

Now I'm whining cause I forgot what your original post was about and have no idea who those people are :D
I suppose I could go back and check...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BC- They did the same to our business, we also ditched, the cards & machines in favor of cash and keeping more of our profit.

Whinning & winning!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am still mad about the nails, so I got to wondering... WHO THE HECK BRINGS 500 NAILS INTO A BARREN FIELD, AND THROWS THEM ALL OVER CREATION!!?? I MEAN COME ON!! WHY SO MANY? AND WHY ARE THEY BENT AND MANGLED!? COULDN'T YOU HAVE GIVEN ME STRAIGHT NAILS AT LEAST!?!?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am still mad about the nails, so I got to wondering... WHO THE HECK BRINGS 500 NAILS INTO A BARREN FIELD, AND THROWS THEM ALL OVER CREATION!!?? I MEAN COME ON!! WHY SO MANY? AND WHY ARE THEY BENT AND MANGLED!? COULDN'T YOU HAVE GIVEN ME STRAIGHT NAILS AT LEAST!?!?

Please reference my post in the CRH forum titled Stop That!
Read that and possibly find the answer to the nails lol muwhaha

BC

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The phone has rang five times at work today and four of those times it’s been The blankety blank google listing recording!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amount of any type of "sales" calls is getting ridicules.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What ever happen to the good old days where people spelled everything out so you didn't have to decipher what they mean.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ice cream truck parked outside my house to get my neighbors kids to come out, diesel fumes floating down the street, playing the same song on the speakers over and over, the volume turned up to 11. My ears are ringing but worst of all I went out detecting today and didn't even find enough change for a small cone ! Ain't right. Try again tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions