Old sayings

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
revised version. honey do these jeans make my butt look big ? weelll do you want me to lie to ya or tell ya the truth. well the truth is always best. ok then your butt looks as big as a buick

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't park on the "neutral ground" and when I was a kid, I loved playing on the "chute-de-chute" and ridin the caliope. Well, I gotta go "make groceries" dis evening so I'll be back late.

Geaux Saints! WHO DAT!!!

Might be. I know I have Verduns, Pamplins, and Champagnes in my family line. I'm also a Houmas of the Native American variety.

Yeah you got coon-ass in your blood. I thought so.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can't make Chicken salad outa Chicken sh#t.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
explain this one to me. Old man used to use it on me.

I will beat the tar out of you.

Heck does that mean.

Then of course my grand fathers favourite saying normally would come out and he would tell my old man. Dont make me shoot you in front of your boys, he is gonna laugh hard seeing you cry again like a baby beginning me not to shoot you again. LOL Which had happened, father used to say it was not on purpose, grand father always says that when your sitting at the dinner table and your kid walks in drunk on palm wine and grand father says I will get my gun, that no way in hell could that not be on purpose.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Heck does that mean.

Then of course my grand fathers favourite saying normally would come out and he would tell my old man. Dont make me shoot you in front of your boys, he is gonna laugh hard seeing you cry again like a baby beginning me not to shoot you again. LOL Which had happened, father used to say it was not on purpose, grand father always says that when your sitting at the dinner table and your kid walks in drunk on palm wine and grand father says I will get my gun, that no way in hell could that not be on purpose.

My Dad use to say, “I’ll not the corners off your head”

Never dare asked what it meant lol

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heck does that mean.

I heard people say that a lot. Maybe tar was an euphemism for blood? Or more likely excrement :D
I like the telling him I'll shoot you in front of your boys.
Did your grandpa shoot your old man by accident once?
I pissed off my little brother once and he was gonna shoot me with a bb gun so I ran. He did shoot me in the back. Luuckyy he wasn't holding a 22.
when I was little me and him were sitting on a couch. Had my feet on the couch, wearing cut off jeans, and I was teasing him about something. He had a little pocket knife he was messing with. He got mad and just hammered the knife into my knee. We both stared at it, then I said I was gonna tell mom. But I didn't. It went in almost half an inch.
I just always crossed the line but it was not a good idea if he had something in his hands.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Did your grandpa shoot your old man by accident once?.

Yes he shot all my uncles as well at some point; grandfather did not believe in drinking alcohol, he did however believe that if you wanted to screw your life up young then he would help out and put one in you some place to help you think about it.

My father was the only one who would say it was not intentional.

But really it was another time in another culture in Africa, you take one misstep and it could spark a white war. Catch one wasted wealthy white rancher of guard and he ends up dead, then a few villages vanish.

It does work though, no one drank, not even many years later after living in Mexico and the US. Still works today, damn if it is legal or not, if your not in the mood to play around, dump one into someone and they get the point, especially if the Law is a couple days drive away, those couple days drive away is not and escape to safety, it is also a pursuit after whom ever you just shot to go teach them another lesson.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i never had sex with that woman........................she had sex with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread