Old sayings

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Nomad, you feeling alright, you actually had a few that made sense in that last batch.
no, no, i'm actually not. ya know i cant help it. its not my fault. i've expressed this before. you southerners talk funny so you must think funny too. maybe there needs to be some sort of screen ? that filters out ? only northerner's can read my posts. but as always i try to be helpful. maybe you could point out ? EXACTLY what has confused you. probably wont help though. becuz if you hav'nt seen my saying ? "if i have to splain it you probably would'nt dunderstand" anyway. i cant figure out everybody ? only thing i can assess is theres a generation gap ? eh can you relate ? actually now that i think about it. you're the only one that critiques me ? but its my fault ? right ? and i guess you cant relate to taking a.d's either ? for alllllooooooooong time. you're not one of those fussbudgets are ya ? lolc

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no, no, i'm actually not. ya know i cant help it. its not my fault. i've expressed this before. you southerners talk funny so you must think funny too. maybe there needs to be some sort of screen ? that filters out ? only northerner's can read my posts. but as always i try to be helpful. maybe you could point out ? EXACTLY what has confused you. probably wont help though. becuz if you hav'nt seen my saying ? "if i have to splain it you probably would'nt dunderstand" anyway. i cant figure out everybody ? only thing i can assess is theres a generation gap ? eh can you relate ? actually now that i think about it. you're the only one that critiques me ? but its my fault ? right ? and i guess you cant relate to taking a.d's either ? for alllllooooooooong time. you're not one of those fussbudgets are ya ? lolc

If you’re the way a Northerner think THANK THE LORD I’M A SOUTHERNER!!!! [emoji1317]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be hornswoggled. I was thinking Ol Nomad was from real far north. Like north of this planet :D
Bet your from Minnesota. Maybe Nebraska. Michigan?
How did you come to be on ads? Is one of them xanax?
well it is thundering.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to derail your topic HBP :icon_scratch:

These are a few from my younger years :

If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to run a piss ant's go-kart around the inside of a donut!

Old enough to know better, yet to young to resist

With friends like that, who needs enemies ?

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

If you have to ask how much, then you can't afford it.

A day late and a dollar short.

If you put her brains in a thimble they'd rattle like road apples in a bushel basket.

The lights are on, but nobody's home!

When they passed out brains, you thought they said trains and said you'd take the last one.

Crazier than a June Bug in May.

Between you and me and the fencepost...

Get the lead out!

Keep your shirt on

Put a sock in it!

That dog won't hunt!

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!

We've been around that tree before.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This is probably my favorite of all time:

Someone asked "what are the chances" ?
And the reply was: " slim and none............and I just saw Slim leaving town " crying-with-laughter.gif

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe this one was just region specific to south texas and mexico only, but it sure was said alot when I was younger, even the old timers would chime in and agree.

Cops kids always have the best dope.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
you southerners talk funny so you must think funny too. maybe there needs to be some sort of screen ? that filters out ? only northerner's can read my posts.

I think you suffer from yankeeitis. Enjoy . . .

God talks like us . . .

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you’re the way a Northerner thinks THANK THE LORD I’M A SOUTHERNER!!!! [emoji1317]

It's due to a lack of sunshine and those albino brain chiggers they suffer from almost 6 months of the year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this one was just region specific to south texas and mexico only, but it sure was said alot when I was younger, even the old timers would chime in and agree.

Cops kids always have the best dope.

There was a cop's wife who was known for her little parties here. Never got busted for it obviously :)

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My fathers favorite, mostly when he was working on a car- "F#!@* &%^$#@ H&&%!@# S**** ". I must admit to using that old classic a few times myself.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kick me in the ass once its your fault kick me in the ass twice its my fault...

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
I think you suffer from yankeeitis. Enjoy . . .

God talks like us . . .

you're not one of them there doctors down south now are ya. gone and diagnosed me with another symptom. yankeeitis ? what kind of pills could i take to cure it ? as if i hav'nt taken enough pills allready. cant i just drink a whole bunch of beer ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Hate to derail your topic HBP :icon_scratch:

These are a few from my younger years :

If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to run a piss ant's go-kart around the inside of a donut!

Old enough to know better, yet to young to resist

With friends like that, who needs enemies ?

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

If you have to ask how much, then you can't afford it.

A day late and a dollar short.

If you put her brains in a thimble they'd rattle like road apples in a bushel basket.

The lights are on, but nobody's home!

When they passed out brains, you thought they said trains and said you'd take the last one.

Crazier than a June Bug in May.

Between you and me and the fencepost...

Get the lead out!

Keep your shirt on

Put a sock in it!

That dog won't hunt!

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!

We've been around that tree before.
yep yep all good ones. i would have gotten around to posting them. they were still in the back of my mind yet.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
cant i just drink a whole bunch of beer ?

Yes

But you then have to go to one of those city folk in door play grounds for kids, find some Lib and Dem parents and throw them a beating while dressed up in any mascot uniform you can find.

You can not get caught though, and must leave on a bicycle or motorcycle, but only far enough to get out of sight, then dump the ride and costume. Its for the Bolo police will put out.

Before you do it, you have to come here and let us know, also what city or town your going to do it in so I can post the police scanner link for everyone to listen in on.

It will mostly be gone after that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread