Large Hadron Collider - they are fixing to fire it off for the first time - scary...

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liquid helium is -453 degrees.
Put a little of that on gobal warming.
That would make for a cold day on the tundra!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what they are really trying to do ? Approximately 15 billion to build this thing ? ? ?

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are looking for the God Particle there has been a lot of controversy over this its called the Higgs Boson theory and they believe that it is what created the universe. At one time I know that they said it was infinite power source but I highly doubt that I believe it is some thing else.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya let that loose and stand by for the multiple mishaps.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are looking for the God Particle there has been a lot of controversy over this its called the Higgs Boson theory and they believe that it is what created the universe at one time I know that they said it was infinite power source but I highly doubt that I believe it is some thing else.

Quite likely. Maybe some digging around in this might point to motive.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's actually way beyond my Sci-Fi years in the 50's and 60's = I can't even comprehend what's coming. I actually welcome the adventure coming, but really = should I?

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my field of work I was asked one time to go to Antarctica to do some work on a facility that a private contractor was expanding down there. When i asked what the facility was for they said it was collecting Neutrino's they take and drill thru the ice to a depth of 300 feet and there are hundred of these holes then a device is lowered down through each of the hole's to the right depth and some how it captures them I believe they take and use these in the LHC.I would also like to add they have one of these Neutrino collection facility's in the USA it is either in Wisconsin or Minnesota its in and old salt mine I believe.

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Scientists have been after neutrino's for a long time. Once, maybe still, they had a huge tank of cleaning fluid in a deep mine in SD or ND. Neutrinos have been elusive because the essentially have no mass and simply zip through solid matter w/o reacting. Cleaning fluid has chlorine in it. Chlorine is a halogen and this group are the most reactive elements on Earth. The hope was chlorine would trap neutrinos.
Not sure just what one might do with a neutrino. Sell on Ebay?

The fear that the scientists might open Pandora's Box has always been around but more so in the nuke age. Even some scientists had theories that breaking open the atom might start a chain reaction through all matter and we would cease to exist.
But like God told the first family, Do Not Eat, we can't help ourselves. Humans explore. It's what we do.
In other colliders like Fermilab (sp), other particles have been discovered. Quarks. Some descriptions have been as "Having tendencies to exist".
Strange names like Up'ness, Down'ness, Strange'ness, Charm, and the Love Quark. it's another world.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish i could see that, my phone won't let me.

None of them want the populace to know what they are actually doing or why.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
https://earthsky.org/human-world/large-hadron-collider-lhc-discoveries

They started it 10 years ago. Must have caused a time anomaly like The Enterprise always gets caught up in.

They started it 10 years ago. Must have caused a time anomaly like The Enterprise always gets caught up in.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So basically it is 2009 again. I hear they are going to start up something called the Large Hadron Collider.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There back at it test runs started last week, there slowly brining it up to full power and they have improved a few things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread