Get ready cause it's coming.......

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I will put in a small garden this year, however, there are all sorts of tasty critters outside. Wait. Going to grocery store. Never mind.:laughing7:

I don't know much about gardening, but I know a bit about canines.
Ask a friend or co-worker who has a pure bred short hair German Shepherd and ask them to save in a paper bag the hair they brush out of the dog.
The Shepherds have predator oils on their skin and hair. Sprinkle that hair around ANY garden and no rabbits or anything else that wants to eat your plants, will come anywhere near that scent!

Mike

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Levee's. Dikes. Dredged channels. Concrete walls. Dams.....

Water as always (even pre-human) seeks it's own level.

When feeble human ants try to control water it is based on human logic , and on flood levels of short historic time period.

More than one well engineered/controlled river has ignored mans will.
Delta regions have rich deposits of sediment from.....flooding. Historic flooding from beyond those flood levels (hundred year high is one used to set up for failure) in places a river may not even flood any more. Rivers do move main channels about overtime.

"new"/young rivers run a fairly straight course depending on topography. That factors in mainsteam volume and speed and flooding potential.
Many corps of engineers would have a river run straight...

As a river ages it begins to meander. And when old a river can have all kinds of interesting oxbows , tremendous turns and loops...
Which is just nature doing her thing.
Add a tremendous occasional input of water volume and it will be the water , not the river that decides where water goes.

Don't build a home in a delta. But humans do. Again it is a rich growing region. And where does a delta end? Based on what data?

Flooding and fire brings change to nature. Where humans are not fighting it (often as "victims") , flooding and fire , even volcano's add a chance of new life through changes or even creation of soil. And where soil exists , enrich that soil.

For thousands of years in your and my state natives traveled along river delta's and riverine areas. Due to the rich flora and fauna made possible by .....Water.
Water seeking it's own level.
Obviously the natives did not sleep in flood waters. Did they know something we don't? Or did they rather act logically around potential flood zones?
There remain mounds they created along the river near me.
A river that modern man has tried to tame with dams and it does still have high water in the spring.
And has flooded out homes despite human "control" time and again after failure.
Yet those mounds still exist...

Man... remind me to hang out with you sometime. I love knowledgeable people.
I love people who are full of BS too..as long as it's good BS lol

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Man... remind me to hang out with you sometime. I love knowledgeable people.
I love people who are full of BS too..as long as it's good BS lol

My B.S. is better than my knowledge.
Unless that's what you're alluding to...:laughing7:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Processed foods should have a warning label..

View attachment 1694536

prescription drugs should all have that icon on them. will i live to see the day ? an aquaintance was telling me not too long ago the pharmacy would'nt refill his blood pressure medication because ? WAIT FOR IT ? because it contained fillers from foreign countries that were known to have (contaminants). CAN YOU BELEIVE THAT ? OMG appauling isnt it ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread