Get ready cause it's coming.......

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I jumped into that and read the beginning....

I have to walk carefully in my own back yard to keep from sinking in. So, that article gives me concerns - like stocking up at the grocery store.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I jumped into that and read the beginning....

I have to walk carefully in my own back yard to keep from sinking in. So, that article gives me concerns - like stocking up at the grocery store.

Not a bad idea Rodger start a garden too.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wheat looks weak , as far as predicted plantings/seeding.

The midwest could stand higher crop gains through higher prices.The expanding demand will help.
Timely planning and seed acquisition matters though.
With field prep and planting season not far off , and plans in place already for some including seed stock..

https://www.farmprogress.com/morning-market-review/morning-market-review-march-22-2019

I may need to get some seed potatoes this year.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Has me looking through all my junk for that stock of seeds left over from my disappointing season 4+ years ago. I do have a whole lot of fruit plants still going - but not going fast!!!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Has me looking through all my junk for that stock of seeds left over from my disappointing season 4+ years ago. I do have a whole lot of fruit plants still going - but not going fast!!!

You ever try raised beds?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
God is pissed off at the capitalists..more worried about a paycheck from overseas than the millions of people who choose between their medicines and their crappy processed food.
It is really outrageous just how expensive quality food is.
It is the very reason I fast so often...if I can't afford to eat healthy, I'll go without.

Mike

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are too many middle men between the farmers and the dinner tables.
They process the good right out of it, then pay lots to advertise to sell it to us.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
God is pissed off at the capitalists..more worried about a paycheck from overseas than the millions of people who choose between their medicines and their crappy processed food.
It is really outrageous just how expensive quality food is.
It is the very reason I fast so often...if I can't afford to eat healthy, I'll go without.

Mike

Processed foods should have a warning label..

download.png

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, processed foods should have a warning label. My three elderly hens will provide plenty of eggs...NOT! They're pets, good thing for them.

My sump pump downstairs is now coming on every 5 minutes only. It was running almost constantly the other day.

The front lawn could serve as a duck migratory preserve.

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
You know I proudly wear a titanium hat!
Think deeper.
That article quotes elderly farmers who've never seen anything like this before..
What changed in the status quo?
The climate as they would have you believe or..
Or something more sinister like my hat is thinking.

Think back through history (if you bothered to read it!) about the many powerful dictators who rose to power by whatever means they had.. I could name a whole bunch!

What of a modern dictator or more likely a enclave of them who are hell-bent on reducing the population and controlling everything, figured out a way or three to flood out the great plains on purpose!

Think...think, millions of fracking wells pumping millions of gallons of carcinogenic chemical weapons disguised as cooling fluid for the drills being pumped into the ground.
Doesn't matter how deep you put that water, it'll find it's way back up.
Everything in nature takes the path of the least resistance!!

Now..there is a whopping 71.7% chance that is at least somewhat true.

My math is correct.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Think deeper.
That article quotes elderly farmers who've never seen anything like this before..

Think back through history (if you bothered to read it!) about the many powerful dictators who rose to power by whatever means they had.. I could name a whole bunch!

What of a modern dictator or more likely a enclave of them who are hell-bent on reducing the population and controlling everything, figured out a way or three to flood out the great plains on purpose!

Think...think, millions of fracking wells pumping millions of gallons of carcinogenic chemical weapons disguised as cooling fluid for the drills being pumped into the ground.

My math is correct.

Forget not the crap their pumping into the air you breath.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You ever try raised beds?

Oh YES I did! Had 5 - 4'x4' beds that first year, been reading Mother Earth News for 30 years.

I took them down after kneading the soil breaking it up and pulling a copperhead up by the tail. Those beds had become hotels for the critters.

I put dwarf mulberry trees up in their place - got a couple tiny berries last year and they're still growing well, each about 10' tall now.

Edit: total of everything I have growing in fruits:
Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, kiwi....
Dwarf Apples (3), pears, peaches and plums

Someday I may have a table at the local farmer's market. Get them going and watch them grow - with patience.

This is coming my 5th season. The first year my veggies didn't do well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ugh... y'all were talking about gardening?
Heh... I feel dumb lol

Never EVER go on what you feel Mike..Example..What you feel today is NOT what you will feel tomorrow,NEVER base anything on what you FEEL your soul is NOT a FEELING.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Think deeper.

My math is correct.

Levee's. Dikes. Dredged channels. Concrete walls. Dams.....

Water as always (even pre-human) seeks it's own level.

When feeble human ants try to control water it is based on human logic , and on flood levels of short historic time period.

More than one well engineered/controlled river has ignored mans will.
Delta regions have rich deposits of sediment from.....flooding. Historic flooding from beyond those flood levels (hundred year high is one used to set up for failure) in places a river may not even flood any more. Rivers do move main channels about overtime.

"new"/young rivers run a fairly straight course depending on topography. That factors in mainsteam volume and speed and flooding potential.
Many corps of engineers would have a river run straight...

As a river ages it begins to meander. And when old a river can have all kinds of interesting oxbows , tremendous turns and loops...
Which is just nature doing her thing.
Add a tremendous occasional input of water volume and it will be the water , not the river that decides where water goes.

Don't build a home in a delta. But humans do. Again it is a rich growing region. And where does a delta end? Based on what data?

Flooding and fire brings change to nature. Where humans are not fighting it (often as "victims") , flooding and fire , even volcano's add a chance of new life through changes or even creation of soil. And where soil exists , enrich that soil.

For thousands of years in your and my state natives traveled along river delta's and riverine areas. Due to the rich flora and fauna made possible by .....Water.
Water seeking it's own level.
Obviously the natives did not sleep in flood waters. Did they know something we don't? Or did they rather act logically around potential flood zones?
There remain mounds they created along the river near me.
A river that modern man has tried to tame with dams and it does still have high water in the spring.
And has flooded out homes despite human "control" time and again after failure.
Yet those mounds still exist...

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Never EVER go on what you feel Mike..Example..What you feel today is NOT what you will feel tomorrow,NEVER base anything on what you FEEL your soul is NOT a FEELING.

Gardening is simple as 1 2 3..feed,water,weed.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hat's off to you gardeners, we had a massive garden when I was a boy, and it was a lot of work, just to supplement our family of 5s diet.
It takes a lot more than seeds,......fertilizers, pesticides, mulch, soil that needs yearly attention, plus daily labor with the knowledge of what you are doing. If you screw up now, no big deal, screw up when the grocery stores are closed, and you go hungry.
Not to mention guarding your crops against hungry people, and animals.
It is a noble idea, and good luck to every one that tries it, but don't just stick some seeds in an ammo can, and think you will be fine. Start now, and get some experience. GL.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will put in a small garden this year, however, there are all sorts of tasty critters outside. Wait. Going to grocery store. Never mind.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread