Schrooms?

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
hv - this is response to your post elsewhere

not too sure that I should comment (but I have notoriously poor judgement)

I fail to see how an out-of-body experience can be dangerous
enlightening ? sure (for me at least)
terrifying ? sure (for some, I was exhilarated)

I am aware of no instance where a person has been lost in space.

Now if some fall into a coma because of the noxious poop they have ingested, that is a chemical reaction - not a psychic revelation.

incidently, the final portion of a trip was turning around and facing the void -> absolute nothing.
at that moment I had only 2 dimensions, infinitely wide and infinitely high, zero depth (thickness)
my mind was racing incredibly, and I thought:
finally, FINALLY - I'm free, effing FREE
no more rent, cooking, fixing the truck, going to work/school
I,m FREE
and then I went to sleep

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
hv - this is response to your post elsewhere

not too sure that I should comment (but I have notoriously poor judgement)

I fail to see how an out-of-body experience can be dangerous
enlightening ? sure (for me at least)
terrifying ? sure (for some, I was exhilarated)

I am aware of no instance where a person has been lost in space.

Now if some fall into a coma because of the noxious poop they have ingested, that is a chemical reaction - not a psychic revelation.

incidently, the final portion of a trip was turning around and facing the void -> absolute nothing.
at that moment I had only 2 dimensions, infinitely wide and infinitely high, zero depth (thickness)
my mind was racing incredibly, and I thought:
finally, FINALLY - I'm free, effing FREE
no more rent, cooking, fixing the truck, going to work/school
I,m FREE
and then I went to sleep

Out of body can be both scary and interesting but maybe also dangerous. One feeling is being very vulnerable in the realm. I knew a woman that would leave almost daily. She would test her experience by noticing something unique or out of place or who was in the place she went, a conversion etc. Over and over the trips were validated.
Things began to get a bit darker after a couple years. She said she felt connected to her body by a thin thread, like a spider web might be made of. Said it was fragile but was needed to return, be able to find her way home. Then began a feeling of being observed. Entities wearing hooded garments almost Druid like. Then she knew they were trying to cut the thread. Once cut she would be lost.
Even so she still found she couldn't stop leaving when ever she laid down. Like a portal had been opened that she couldn't close.
She knew a spiritual person that helped her create ways to keep her grounded. Placed some kind of intercession band around her forehead. I've lost touch but last I knew the portal was still closed.

Another interesting account was by a man considered "normal" that wrote a book about the years he left his body. He was subjected to lab experiences to try to determine the validity of these experiences. I loaned to book and like so many loaned books, never returned but I will try to find it on the web and post it.

The woman I knew told me the tendency in this realm is to follow conscious thought so one has to have control over these things. Hard enough by itself. Anyone that has tried mediation knows the mind is like a undisciplined child. The harder one tries to settle it down, the harder it is. It takes a lot of practice. Usually I let the kid run around awhile then say OK, that's enough.

I only had one of these experiences. I would go to bed and try to open this realm. It finally happened. When I "popped out" ( and that's what it feels like) I was in a kind of wonderment. Then I realized I was being observed by 3 entities not quite human. They were excited and later I realized it was my vulnerability that was attractive to them. Like they were rubbing their hands together and thinking, fresh meat. It only lasted a few moments as I thought about telling someone about this happening and popped back in (following my thoughts). At first I couldn't fit back until I realized I was upside down and had to turn back to get fit my body. Curious.

I believe this experience is the source of our myths of witches flying on brooms or the Mideast magic carpets. Even the Shriner's on their go-carts (flying carpets) in parades. Santa flying with the reindeer. There is reason these myths persist. Before one condemns the idea of leaving one's body, like Galileo's telescope, don't be afraid to look. Like some forms of mediation, there is risk.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
the mind is an enormously creative thing

fwiw, mediation can be learned, and controlled, w/o much difficulty,
look into what is now called the Silva Method (Silva Mind Control of yore)

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not so sure about shrooms. Never tried them, but have known a few enthusiasts. I would describe them as mentally dried out...desiccated. And they have a certain countenance. Their eyes have gone dull and flat. My experience with the SoCal blotter crap in the early 70's, I would describe as something I don't care to repeat. I will be long dead before they legalize weed here in the Bible belt.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There is a great documentary on Netflix about Mushrooms, and not just from the psychedelic side of things, but how beneficial mushrooms are for everyone.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80212708
Well, I LOVE fried Morel Mushrooms (aka Morchella Esculenta) in butter; went hunting for 'em in the mountains, near-by. NO "tripping"; just eating... YUMMM! In the Valley, we called 'em MERTELS or something like that.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread