Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Schrooms?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    1696 times
    Prospecting

Schrooms?

Read in the paper that the City of Denver has de-criminalized magic mushrooms.
    Not for sale (yet) but allowed to possess. I thought maybe the Netherlands or maybe some distant island somewhere but not the US.
    Our agencies have been influencing (pressuring) other countries to embrace our drug policies for years. The policy of zero tolerance. Schroom tolerance I never expected.
    What about other psychoactive molecules down the line?

Is a less restrictive drug policy due to an enlightened view or an unenlightened view, or to pacify political opposition? Kind of like the book Brave New World? A gram in time, saves nine?

My view before was, the same politicians that threw people in prison for very long terms have legalized these plants when they found a way to make big money from taxes. Same politicians, different song.
    As a protest maybe people that use these substances can collect all their seeds if any and scatter them to the wild so that rather comply with what is really a new tax, can harvest tax free plants ant shove it to the tax man.
    The plants can return to their natural state and escape the pot prison (flower pot)
    I like a policy of if our government wants a new tax, they have to make an equal tax go away.
    I must not be working today.
    Rebel - KGC and DizzyDigger like this.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    5127 times
    Relic Hunting
    Politics, and nothing but. No good can ever, and will ever come out of psychedelic schrooms. Sheer idiocy and stupidity if you ask me.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    1696 times
    Prospecting
    I'm not sure. Here in NM treatment for opiate addiction is being treated with pot. Other addictions like alcohol have also made less the transition to sobriety with pot. People I know that have eaten mushrooms have had a positive experience. I know my population sample is really small and shouldn't be used as scientific. Similar to good weed it's said.

In the US, alcohol is a way of life in most every area. I would think a safer less addictive choice would be welcomed. We do know both are better choices than alcohol.
    Interesting thing, most objections to drugs like pot or now mushrooms often come from alcoholics. Back a way when drugs were less open, people with drug addictions were heckled and asked to leave AA meetings. Alcoholics wanted nothing to do with drug addicts. Apparently the alcoholics saw a difference.
    In Canada 40 years ago positive results were seen by treating alcoholism with LSD. Prisoners also were treated with success. These studies were stopped by the US agencies because of their anti-drug (anti-hippy) policies. Some countries are re-assessing these policies.
    I liked one account where a prisoner was given LSD in a controlled environment. The intent was to give insight into life games people play out. Serious games. Under LSD this prisoner was shown his game of choice was "cops and robbers" After the prisoner had insight into his life game he said " My life came tumbling down all around me and I was standing happily standing in the rubble."
    Our government made a big mistake shutting down this research.
    BTW these insights/changes appear to be permanent.
    BillA and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    5127 times
    Relic Hunting
    To me, it's trading something dangerous for something else dangerous. Addiction to alcohol? No problem! Here is some marijuana for ya. That's just stupid to me, but I am sure others feel different. Just my 2 cents.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    664 times
    shrooms pretty common here in CR, as in every cow pasture; no one cares, few partake
    making things illegal simply defines them as attractive to every wannabe rebel

should be free boxes of assorted stuff on every corner, unmarked; swallow 'em down boys
    gotta give natural selection a chance

Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    865 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    They say micro dosing with shrooms can work wonders for depression, they also say one trip on the shrooms can have a rebooting effect on depression and give a new positive out look on life, I know when i eat them im usually laughing my butt off and having a good ol time and no side effects, but i also know a guy that ate too much and was a vegetable for 4 hours he wont ever eat them again lol

May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    664 times
    yea, dosage is key
    if one is seeking a religious experience (visiting with the gods) the body will cry out in severe discomfort
    won't kill, but never again (for normal peeps)
    and most cannot relax under such conditions - essential
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Carrot
    1593 times
    There is evidence that psilocybin mushrooms reduce or eliminate migraine and cluster headaches. It's time to put the reefer madness mentality behind us.
    Watch for Motorcycles

May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    664 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GopherDaGold View Post
    There is evidence that psilocybin mushrooms reduce or eliminate migraine and cluster headaches. It's time to put the reefer madness mentality behind us.
    and a group of eminent psychologists have formally recommended that every adult on the planet receive a dose of exstacy (improves social interaction)
    gonna be a long wait - unfortunately
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    1696 times
    Prospecting
    Most on this site are explorers. The mind is a place many governments claim ownership of. They will pass laws and forbid the exploration of the inner land we own. Fear based.
    I don't mean recreational drugs for just getting high, I mean the substances that can reveal the inner cosmos.
    Humans have always had people, shamans, medicine men/women, that have taken these trips and returned to tell whet they saw. More modern societies might throw them in jail, nut house, or avoided contact claiming they are sick in the head.
    I believe the Santa Claus myth goes back to the Laplander people. Deer herders. Santa told us that the present is under the tree. What grows way up there are evergreens. Not unlike the type many buy for Christmas. What grows under evergreens> The mushroom we all see illustrated in books and stories like Alice in Wonderland. The red mushroom that looks like oatmeal sprinkled on top. The Amanita muscaria. This is the magic mushroom of Europe and it's been consumed for that purpose if exploring inner space for centuries.
    Shaman's and medicine men/women have been replaced with the religious leaders of today that have no idea of what a shaman even is. All they know about the nature of God is what they were told in seminary.
    BillA and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22305 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'm going to start a farm in my wife's shoe closet!

May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    664 times
    cow poop and warm moist soil
    good to go
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 17, 2019 at 05:30 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
    3474 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GopherDaGold View Post
    They have also proven that there is practically no toxicity in psilocybin....thou last time I took mushrooms I stayed in the back of a pickup truck for 12 hours thinking it wasn't going to stop...but I was also 19 and knew everything

Jun 2007
    13695 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    and a group of eminent psychologists have formally recommended that every adult on the planet receive a dose of exstacy (improves social interaction)
    gonna be a long wait - unfortunately
    Heh; my wife would NOT be amused...

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    20326 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Terry, you would....
    Terry Soloman likes this.