hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Read in the paper that the City of Denver has de-criminalized magic mushrooms.
Not for sale (yet) but allowed to possess. I thought maybe the Netherlands or maybe some distant island somewhere but not the US.
Our agencies have been influencing (pressuring) other countries to embrace our drug policies for years. The policy of zero tolerance. Schroom tolerance I never expected.
What about other psychoactive molecules down the line?

Is a less restrictive drug policy due to an enlightened view or an unenlightened view, or to pacify political opposition? Kind of like the book Brave New World? A gram in time, saves nine?

My view before was, the same politicians that threw people in prison for very long terms have legalized these plants when they found a way to make big money from taxes. Same politicians, different song.
As a protest maybe people that use these substances can collect all their seeds if any and scatter them to the wild so that rather comply with what is really a new tax, can harvest tax free plants ant shove it to the tax man.
The plants can return to their natural state and escape the pot prison (flower pot)
I like a policy of if our government wants a new tax, they have to make an equal tax go away.
I must not be working today.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Politics, and nothing but. No good can ever, and will ever come out of psychedelic schrooms. Sheer idiocy and stupidity if you ask me.

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure. Here in NM treatment for opiate addiction is being treated with pot. Other addictions like alcohol have also made less the transition to sobriety with pot. People I know that have eaten mushrooms have had a positive experience. I know my population sample is really small and shouldn't be used as scientific. Similar to good weed it's said.

In the US, alcohol is a way of life in most every area. I would think a safer less addictive choice would be welcomed. We do know both are better choices than alcohol.
Interesting thing, most objections to drugs like pot or now mushrooms often come from alcoholics. Back a way when drugs were less open, people with drug addictions were heckled and asked to leave AA meetings. Alcoholics wanted nothing to do with drug addicts. Apparently the alcoholics saw a difference.
In Canada 40 years ago positive results were seen by treating alcoholism with LSD. Prisoners also were treated with success. These studies were stopped by the US agencies because of their anti-drug (anti-hippy) policies. Some countries are re-assessing these policies.
I liked one account where a prisoner was given LSD in a controlled environment. The intent was to give insight into life games people play out. Serious games. Under LSD this prisoner was shown his game of choice was "cops and robbers" After the prisoner had insight into his life game he said " My life came tumbling down all around me and I was standing happily standing in the rubble."
Our government made a big mistake shutting down this research.
BTW these insights/changes appear to be permanent.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To me, it's trading something dangerous for something else dangerous. Addiction to alcohol? No problem! Here is some marijuana for ya. That's just stupid to me, but I am sure others feel different. Just my 2 cents.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
shrooms pretty common here in CR, as in every cow pasture; no one cares, few partake
making things illegal simply defines them as attractive to every wannabe rebel

should be free boxes of assorted stuff on every corner, unmarked; swallow 'em down boys
gotta give natural selection a chance

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say micro dosing with shrooms can work wonders for depression, they also say one trip on the shrooms can have a rebooting effect on depression and give a new positive out look on life, I know when i eat them im usually laughing my butt off and having a good ol time and no side effects, but i also know a guy that ate too much and was a vegetable for 4 hours he wont ever eat them again lol

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
yea, dosage is key
if one is seeking a religious experience (visiting with the gods) the body will cry out in severe discomfort
won't kill, but never again (for normal peeps)
and most cannot relax under such conditions - essential

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is evidence that psilocybin mushrooms reduce or eliminate migraine and cluster headaches. It's time to put the reefer madness mentality behind us.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
There is evidence that psilocybin mushrooms reduce or eliminate migraine and cluster headaches. It's time to put the reefer madness mentality behind us.

and a group of eminent psychologists have formally recommended that every adult on the planet receive a dose of exstacy (improves social interaction)
gonna be a long wait - unfortunately

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Most on this site are explorers. The mind is a place many governments claim ownership of. They will pass laws and forbid the exploration of the inner land we own. Fear based.
I don't mean recreational drugs for just getting high, I mean the substances that can reveal the inner cosmos.
Humans have always had people, shamans, medicine men/women, that have taken these trips and returned to tell whet they saw. More modern societies might throw them in jail, nut house, or avoided contact claiming they are sick in the head.
I believe the Santa Claus myth goes back to the Laplander people. Deer herders. Santa told us that the present is under the tree. What grows way up there are evergreens. Not unlike the type many buy for Christmas. What grows under evergreens> The mushroom we all see illustrated in books and stories like Alice in Wonderland. The red mushroom that looks like oatmeal sprinkled on top. The Amanita muscaria. This is the magic mushroom of Europe and it's been consumed for that purpose if exploring inner space for centuries.
Shaman's and medicine men/women have been replaced with the religious leaders of today that have no idea of what a shaman even is. All they know about the nature of God is what they were told in seminary.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to start a farm in my wife's shoe closet!:tongue3:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They have also proven that there is practically no toxicity in psilocybin....thou last time I took mushrooms I stayed in the back of a pickup truck for 12 hours thinking it wasn't going to stop...but I was also 19 and knew everything

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
and a group of eminent psychologists have formally recommended that every adult on the planet receive a dose of exstacy (improves social interaction)
gonna be a long wait - unfortunately
Heh; my wife would NOT be amused...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
They have also proven that there is practically no toxicity in psilocybin....thou last time I took mushrooms I stayed in the back of a pickup truck for 12 hours thinking it wasn't going to stop...but I was also 19 and knew everything

Interesting about toxicity as many mushrooms are very toxic. Some won't make a person sick except if eaten with alcohol. Other people aren't bothered. I used to eat wild mushrooms but being a tad chicken I'd only eat those I was point blank positive were ok.
Then just a few types.

About toxicity: LSD in the 60's, before the government ended clinical research, treated the molecule with a radio active isotope so it's path could be traced through a human body. It was found that all traces of the drug disappeared about the time of the first hallucination. Sadly I no longer have the source material.
LSD is not only the most powerful psychoactive substance yet discovered but also the most interesting.
LSD is derived from an ergot fungus. I wonder how closely related it is to mushrooms. A fungus would seem to be related to others.

The mode of transportation in inner space is a fungus.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
TS, I too saw that but did not post 'cause I'm getting some heat on another thread about drugs, good tune (any bluegrass is good)

hv, susceptibility varies hugely with shrooms and moreso with LSD. My brothers 5th trip zeroed him for 4 years, so he then got a PhD in psyc. lol
I am hugely resistant (won't yield control) so despite handfulls the only effect was the trees doing an MC Esher in/out waving thing.

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
TS, I too saw that but did not post 'cause I'm getting some heat on another thread about drugs, good tune (any bluegrass is good)

hv, susceptibility varies hugely with shrooms and moreso with LSD. My brothers 5th trip zeroed him for 4 years, so he then got a PhD in psyc. lol
I am hugely resistant (won't yield control) so despite handfulls the only effect was the trees doing an MC Esher in/out waving thing.

This is a Tim Leary quote (or close) about LSD. "Those that start out laughing realize the terror in the end when they realize the joke, the great cosmic joke, is on them!"
Even the most resistant if given the correct dose, set and setting will loose the struggle. Too much work at my age.
I think MC Esher would = a bad trip or at least a bummer. Unsolvable riddles are not a good ride.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions