NOT a sympathy plea, a warning to be careful, something horrible could happen

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mac, being 95 I always approach the stair with a challenging and questive attitude - sooner or later the stairs will win

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
got me to thinking,
what is the age distribution of TN members?
is there a correlation between age and posting frequency?

I too am old, 74, and one of my more memorable experiences was visiting with some people in their 70s and 80s while I was in my late 50s.
The entire time was spent talking of illnesses, with regrets for taking early ss. No other topic.

One will learn prudence, but the falling is inevitable. (Have 2 holes in my skull to relieve pressure, with no memory of a fall !)
As DADS said, be careful.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear that, Deep. Hoping it's all behind you. Around here, the problem is winter ice. Took a bad fall a year ago..damaging my sacro-iliac joint. Took several months to heal. Could easily have been a broken hip. Take care out there, everybody.
Jim

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm NOT elderly!!!! Geez, won't be 70 until this July 4th at 5:55 PM.

Everybody always said I was hard headed, and at least I was rubber necked!

The wound on my right cheek is still scabbed up, and both ears are a little deformed from their healing wounds. My surgeon sure was pretty, in fact absolutely gorgeous - so there has been a little pleasure out of this....

Just how else would I get to interact with a lady like that these days?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Just becareful she has some very sharp knives

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously there were no injuries to your sense of humor. Hope the rest of you recovers just as quickly.

My doc suggested compression socks for my varicose veins. So I got some and wear them unless I am out wading in the Bay for fossils. But the synthetic things are slippery as heck and I nearly slid down the wood stairs my first time wearing them.

And thanks for another one of your warnings to the rest of us!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it's over 3 weeks later, my right ear's Tragus is split in two and still scabbed up.

320-7565-hearing-sense-photo3.jpg

Fortunately I'm just a bit uglier, and otherwise all is well. I DO take the stairs very carefully now. Still haven't received any bills from the hospital. I certainly showed my VA card to everyone who would listen. From what I read on the VA website, they'll take care of this - hope so as I can only imagine what the bills would be.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your ok good message

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me Deep, you don't want to know what the bills add up to....you could own your own planet, and space corps.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here it is over a month ago now, still no hospital bills received. I pray I didn't curse myself for saying this!!!

I saw that gorgeous surgeon lady last Friday and all is well - though I do have 2 separate traguses on my right ear now. Whatever, I wasn't purty to begin with!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bills started coming in from my June 17 surgery. $28.5K. FORTUNATELY the insurance paid over 90% of it. And that was outpatient!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank God for a retirement account (which shrunk a little) and some cash. At least I didn't have to put it on a credit card.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it is over a month ago now, still no hospital bills received. I pray I didn't curse myself for saying this!!!

I saw that gorgeous surgeon lady last Friday and all is well - though I do have 2 separate traguses on my right ear now. Whatever, I wasn't purty to begin with!

I sent six days in the hospital couple years ago. The nurses looked like models\popstars. They almost had to drag me out :p
At least you seemed to have got through this ordeal ok :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread