NOT a sympathy plea, a warning to be careful, something horrible could happen

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've not mentioned this before here. I went a few days without logging on when I'm on here every single day = TNet is addictive you know :)

My house is two stories, and I live upstairs while my 93 year old mother lives on the first floor. On June 1st, Mom called me to come down stairs and I don't remember the rest. I fell down the stairs, hit the bottom and was bleeding from both ears (Mom is a retired RN, she thought I was going to die because of that). She told me that most people who bleed from both ears die.

I woke up in Martinsville hospital, 3 sets of stitches and a staple on the top of my head. Apparently Mom called my older daughter who lives in Greensboro - she showed up at the hospital, they released me after they determined I was okay, and she took me home.

Can't wait to see the hospital bills..... The VA took my stitches out this past week, I've still one bandage on my cheek near my right ear.

This can happen to anyone. Be careful on stairs, apparently I wasn't, paid for it, and then I'll get the Martinsville ER bill here pretty soon.

Stairs can be treacherous.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you're ok. When I go down stairs I hang onto the rail like Dracula on a victim! The knees are letting me down.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My handrail was one of the victims, it is now broken at the bottom. I probably hit it on the way down.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you came through that OK. Hard headed for sure. Good thing your Mom was there to summon help! Thanks, Mom!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad you came through that OK. Hard headed for sure. Good thing your Mom was there to summon help! Thanks, Mom!

Oh yes my friend, Mom's are the greatest! I'm very careful on the stairs now, used to fly down them. Now, when I really flew down them, the ending wasn't as good :(

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That could have been bad. Glad you made it.
Life can change in a heartbeat.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear you made it... As my wife and I get older we have come to the conclusion that we will need to sell our tri-level house for a single story. Her knees and my balance. Interesting stuff....

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you're OK!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone. A person just never knows what is next. I never thought about this as a potential danger, and now I do. Each of us should pay heed - could have been a serious life changer, but instead just another few new scars. My head still feels "thick", but now with multiple scans, I'm in the clear.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Deep!

Stairs....
Either fallin up or down them is an eventuality it seems.
You're falling too hard though. So stop it! :laughing7:

61G1aj4iJML._SX425_.jpg

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dean, I'll try my best! I guess one thing about getting older is the dangers which come with it. I was very fortunate this time. I don't want there to be another time.

As the many things my head hit on the way down, broke the handrail, I was very very fortunate this time. I need to make sure there is no next time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s scary stuff. Glad to hear you’re ok.

Hawk old friend, I'd never have thought this would ever happen to me, never in this world. I guess I was pretty fortunate, Our Father protected me I guess. Tomorrow is another day and I'll get right at it :)

Stay safe!

I'll surely try that myself :)

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Don, I'm coming into my "far more careful" period :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very glad you are ok.
You are blessed, that could have gone so wrong in so many ways.
Its a good thing you have a hard head. I mean that in a good way.

And now you have entered the tortoise phase, slow & careful.
The rest of us are already there.

The medical bills are good for, eye exercises, cardio, & breathing exercises.
Your eyes bug out & blood pressure and heart rate shoots right up there when you open it and see the outrageous amout you're being charged, then you scream & yell about it.

See that, a days work out, and you didn't even have to go to the gym!
Multiply that by several bills, and you'll be running marathons.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Whenever I go see my doc I'm am asked "Have you fallen in the past year?"
Thing is it's very common because we aren't the same as we were. It's easy to forget that.
Physical activity might help slow this down but that's not a medical opinion. But can't hurt.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your fall, hope you have a complete recovery!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread