🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas was So Expensive, They had to Give Dishes away with a Fill-up

000aaa.jpg

000ccc.jpg

I'd rather Give them a Quarter for the Dish & Get a Free Fill-Up :coffee2:

Actually Good Times ! even if cars were Gas Hogs back Then.

Last edited:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pa is full of history. When I was young we found a tree in the woods with strange markings on it. There were ashes all around it. We dug down and found leathers believed to be from the Indians along with beads and arrowheads and stone pottery.

My grandfather who fought in the civil war was a blacksmith in the Pocono mountains. I still have some of his guns and swords and metals. Years ago I got to go back to the homestead and detected where his shop was and around the farm house. Found all kinds of buttons, coins, nails,silverware,bottles and iron. I also found a tombstone buried 12" under the back yard that was from 1742. The grave yard next door is filled with 1700 - 1900 graves. Went and visited my grandfathers grave. He was 55 yrs old when his bride 38 yrs old had my father in 1910.

My uncle still owns a 17 acre farm there that had a wagon stop on it because there is a natural spring there and ruins of a stage stop. My childhood friend now lives on a 30 acre farm built in 1743 that had solders camp on in the civil war. He still has 2 wagons in the barn that were left there when the troops left. (he says he's waiting for them to come back and get them) If I didn't live 1,300 miles away I would be there hunting. You guys in PA are so lucky to have so much history to find and hunt....

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pa is full of history. When I was young we found a tree in the woods with strange markings on it. There were ashes all around it. We dug down and found leathers believed to be from the Indians along with beads and arrowheads and stone pottery.

My grandfather who fought in the civil war was a blacksmith in the Pocono mountains. I still have some of his guns and swords and metals. Years ago I got to go back to the homestead and detected where his shop was and around the farm house. Found all kinds of buttons, coins, nails,silverware,bottles and iron. I also found a tombstone buried 12" under the back yard that was from 1742. The grave yard next door is filled with 1700 - 1900 graves. Went and visited my grandfathers grave. He was 55 yrs old when his bride 38 yrs old had my father in 1910.

My uncle still owns a 17 acre farm there that had a wagon stop on it because there is a natural spring there and ruins of a stage stop. My childhood friend now lives on a 30 acre farm built in 1743 that had solders camp on in the civil war. He still has 2 wagons in the barn that were left there when the troops left. (he says he's waiting for them to come back and get them) If I didn't live 1,300 miles away I would be there hunting. You guys in PA are so lucky to have so much history to find and hunt....

You ought to post pics of those guns and swords. Be nice to see something like that. i had ancestors in the PA militias during the civil war.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ought to post pics of those guns and swords. Be nice to see something like that. i had ancestors in the PA militias during the civil war.

I just deleted all the pics I had because a collector bought them. My grandfather was with the Covington Fenceables.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread