What is it like living in Georgia during the summer months?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, dey may have almost gone fishin' but she might have felt sorry for dem boys. Great grandfather used to take my grandfather wit him when he went gator huntin. Den my grandfather could play in da water which actually attracted dem gators. So, he used his kid as da bait. Dat ol Injun was too poor to buy a gun so he hunted with a hatchet. Besides, wit all dem kids he couldn't afford da luxury of being a two pirogue family. He walked thru da swamp pulling da pirogue. It just made it easier for him to bring home da gators.

You not confusing da movie "Gator" wit "Deliverance" . . . are you?

At least growing up poor in Missouri doesn't mean you will be used as bait. Although...you could put a kid on a branch with a trap below and lure in a mountain lion who would likely circle beneath.
I know one thing- it would take me awhile to figure out what people are saying in Louisiana. When we moved to Missouri, it was like learning a foreign language. And theydon't have that much of an accent.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
why has no one mentioned glasses fogging when exiting the car or house?

first time I went to Houston in '79 it was summer, rented a car and found Texans to be really competitive jerk drivers,
got to the office and when I got out of the car in 5 steps my glasses had fogged over and I tripped on the curb,
moved there and eventually got used to wet flanks

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why has no one mentioned glasses fogging when exiting the car or house?

first time I went to Houston in '79 it was summer, rented a car and found Texans to be really competitive jerk drivers,
got to the office and when I got out of the car in 5 steps my glasses had fogged over and I tripped on the curb,
moved there and eventually got used to wet flanks

Probably most people going to contacts or Lasik. But still jerks behind the wheel :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something that you can do that will give you a pretty good idea. First, go into the bathroom and cut the shower on with the hottest water that your water heater will allow. Shower thoroughly. Upon completion of you shower, turn the water off and exit the shower. Do not towel dry off, but get completely dressed, and there you have it. This is what it's like living in Georgia during the summer months.:mad:
And go throw a rock at a skunk lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Massachusetts would win!
[emoji1]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk