This is kinda the way I'd like to go = Just Whatever

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-st-louis-bar-cigarette-stick-up

A man armed with what police said was a heavily modified pistol showed up at a St. Louis bar early Wednesday and ordered patrons to the ground—but Tony Tovar didn’t budge from his seat.

“I said not another punk trying to pull a punk move," Tovar told KSDK-TV Friday of the incident in Behrmann's Tavern.

"I'm so tired of people in south city trying to muscle their way in with firearms or bad attitude or some kind of aggression," he said. "I wasn't gonna comply."

Footage of the attempted stick-up shows the hold-up man grabbing Tovar’s cellphone and Tovar grabbing it back. It then shows Tovar calmly take a cigarette, light it and take a puff as the robber points his weapon at him from the other side of the bar.

The robber made off with $300 in cash from the register, according to reports. No one was hurt.

"I wasn't really concerned," Tovar told the station. "I just had a really good feeling he wasn't out to harm anybody he just wanted drug money."

Kevin Moore was charged in connection with the heist, the station reported Friday evening. Police said Moore has a rap sheet with convictions for assault, robbery and weapon possession.

Tovar wasn’t recommending that anyone in his shoes do what he did.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
depends on the individual, and we are WAY different
I had a gun pointed at my head and I picked up the phone, he asked what I was doing and I said "Calling the cops you effing idiot !"

several experiences like that
one must accept that death may occur; no biggie, still here, still resisting (clock not yet at zero)

(the expression is 'cast iron balls')

edit: one MUST make an evaluation of the shooter before responding, nothing automatic in the slightest

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, we are way different, individual to individual.... Been shot at and missed, and sh*t at and hit. Divorce years really sucked..... Worse than Vietnam and Cambodia put together. But we go on, we survive. In my life I don't pretend I'm anything great. I just go on.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
one foot in front of the other, or - how long can you tread water ?
I can only maintain a positive attitude (in this truly crazy world) by viewing each day as a new lesson, learn or repeat the lesson

Hey, we tread water every single day = just whatever......

How you doing with the storm, did it miss you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions