THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Simon, can't sneek up on you can i !

Good morning also crew mates!

Best of luck on the dive Bart.
Awesome treasure plant with the niece. [emoji106]

HP, low mataince, i think not, lol!
Did you see the ring i talked the Captain out of for a few rum kegs. It is pertty!
As for the plunger, i just go with what works at the time.

Nice trip TH, glad you didn't have to referee the crowd at the Hong Kong airport!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I just am looking out for your safety......:dontknow: and the rum

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I hope today finds you all doing well.

This morning I reached my humble hand high into the sky and plucked a fat canada from it. It's in the brine now and getting smoked tomorrow. Smoked goose on a cracker with horseradish is the tasty treat that can't be beat. New skiff doesn't leak a drip and it hides easy in the cattails. Come regular duck season next month there are going to be a lot of feathers floating 'round. :thumbsup:

Who needs down? :laughing7:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I hope today finds you all doing well.

This morning I reached my humble hand high into the sky and plucked a fat canada from it. It's in the brine now and getting smoked tomorrow. Smoked goose on a cracker with horseradish is the tasty treat that can't be beat. New skiff doesn't leak a drip and it hides easy in the cattails. Come regular duck season next month there are going to be a lot of feathers floating 'round. :thumbsup:

Who needs down? :laughing7:

Make some liver pate Yum

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No freaking way am I eating the liver of an animal that lives off a golf course. No fooling way!

It's bad enough eating the trimmed and skinned breast. When there ain't any corn, which is six months of the year or more, these geese eat nothing but lawn. They are essentially sky-carp.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save the rum, Simon!
Rumless pirates ???!!! [emoji31] [emoji79]

But thanks for look'n out for me.
The new ship is faster than the old one, have to swim a little faster in the mornings!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that too. But then, what would happen to the value if it was fixed up ? Maybe 30 years from now the younger generation who don't know who Steve McQueen was would probably get away with a complete restoration. Maybe it's just me, but the car holds more value as it somewhat represents the car Steve McQueen had. I don't know if you read the whole description or not, but Steve did have areas roughed up so it would not look like a new car.

Couple of owners used it as a daily driver. Ouch!
Wonder why Steve didn't try to get his hands on it after filming.
Those 390 engines were tough, fast reliable beasts even in stock form. My little brother had a Ford Galaxy four door with one, and sometimes on the way home from the casket factory we was cruising along over a hundred mph. We had another one in a station wagon. Last one I drove was a 1965 truck.
Kids today aren't real interested in getting their hands dirty so much. But their rides are not something they can easily modify. We could work on our cars, repair them, maintain them.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo hooo.....what an awsome morning. Islamoradamark took me out in his boat to check my possible wreck numbers and wow !!.....just a 19th century schooner ballasted shipwreck....complete with barrel shaped conglomerates of metal objects!! Whatever they are it was iron or other metal objects that was in barrels and has fused together and is covered in encrustation...and growth. The ballast was the grey and white northeast granite type. Many would not recognize this as a wreck and would think these were just coral heads or rocks. Mark was skeptical for a minute but quickly figured it out too. This is just the top of the pile and much more lay under a combination of sand, gravel, and mud. Also some wood showing too !! Its been sanded in from the looks of my sat shot.....but still an awsome unknown wreck !! Stopped at one of the shallow galleon wrecks on the way in and it to was incredible !! Screenshot_20190907-204516_Maps.jpg
The keel was not visible like I think I see in the sat pic.....but it has been a year since i first thought about looking for it again. Success.....saw it on Google earth... went and checked...and confirmed it to be a wreck !! And what a killer morning in the water.....sunny, warm water, crystal clear, and flat calm !! Now that's what skin diving is all about !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General merchandise.....could be anything onboard....lots of broken glass and pot shards mixed in the ballast.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm....maybe a payroll or personal items ?? Not allowed to mess with it anyway.....but it's close to a beach which I can hunt. And it's good to have the numbers !! I'll look inshore of it for bottles and detect the beach where wreckage and survivors went !!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Philippines sunset taken from ferry between Bohol and Mindanao PI.

20190822_164743.jpg

Fishermen headed out to fish
20190822_165219.jpg

20190822_165127.jpg

Few of the catamarans used for island tours
20190705_180425.jpg

Chocolate Hills Bohol Island PI
20190704_202747.jpg

20190704_202551.jpg

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is fascinating. Not gory at all. This surgeon had a difficult task to complete.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread