THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
C63627C9-B3A9-45D6-AFB8-3BFC42022F1C.jpeg
Is there another wood mate out there now?:hello:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrg... sorry about last night... no "good night".

Oh well...

Perhaps you all will forgive with a...

Good morning.

::P <--- seeing double and sticking tongue out. don't need no stinkin "emoji".

Now...ya see? I said goodnight, finally fell asleep around 1AM....and am called "late" if I don't join the 4AM !!!! roll call!!! :dontknow:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do ok with certain spices and others just keep giving back. I like peppers, but it took 3 months after consuming a red pepper sauce for the stomach to act have normal again. So I miss out on many fine dishes now.

Just as well, for me. I don't like hot/spicy food. Never have...I just don't like the feeling of fighting, just to eat my food.
:dontknow:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My buddy has sent me several pics with highlights......they show a womans nude body. Once he made a mark or two I saw it easily !!

I didn't say nothin.
But without looking for such , it was apparent in the grain right off...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning everyone, hope ya had a Happy Fourth!

Mine was awesome, and I wasn't even with my family. I was at my friends house working, and he decided to quit early, hit a local BBQ place and see if Portsmouth Ohio was doing any fireworks. Smokin' J's BBQ in Cannonsburg KY is one of the best BBQ restaurants I've ever stepped foot in. Granted the wait is long, however the pretzel stick appetizers are amazing, and each and every waitress is smokin' hot (connection in the name??:icon_scratch:). I particularly took a liking to our waitress who by the way was very good at making sure we had all we needed at the table. At any rate the food was good, the TV was good (NASCAR baby!) and as previously stated our waitress was very pretty. Of course, I didn't get a number. :p

So by now we're on our way to Ohio, and it's pretty dark now. A fog started laying low in the fields and on the road, and we quickly learned it was actually smoke. All one could smell was "gunpowder" from fireworks going off. There were rumors that sale of fireworks were at record numbers this year because of covid, and I can believe it! Every house, on every street had mortars and roman candles going off. Before we even got to Portsmouth, we could see flashes in the sky from people setting off so many. We topped the car in the center of town for a few minutes, and it sounded like total war. Roman Candles, mortars, rockets, flying exploding things of all shapes and sizes, firecrackers, you name it, it was exploding, and everywhere. Seriously, I have never heard anything so close to a war in my life.

It just so happens that we made the real show just in time. A huge barge carrying firework came down the Ohio River, and set off an amazing show with huge explosions. We were right on the riverbank now. The ground was shaking, and all I could think of was "Screw you England. Look how nice we're coming along without you." Even while the main show was going on, rockets were still exploding nearby. The show ended, but the explosions did not, and by now everything was so smoky from the humidity, it was getting hard to get fresh air. Even 25 miles away at home the smoke was drifting back.

In all, I had a good Fourth. Hope you did as well!

Sounds like a great time RR. But my friend, no Rebel flag,No more NASCAR for me. It’s a southern tradition. I only know a few of the drivers anymore anyway.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

It's kind of ironic because if you use organic intensive gardening such as the square foot method you can grow 10 times more produce than conventional farming without using all the harmful chemicals. If farms got off the chemical kick even using conventional farming methods it would cost them less and better for the environment also.

Just check out Gabe Brown's videos very enlightening.

“The trees were loaded with walnuts, chestnuts, hickory nuts, beech nuts and acorns, and the rivers with “salmon so thick you couldn’t walk across,” he said. “Unfortunately, the people who tended those food forests were exterminated.”

I know of a few farms that are permaculture based, we support them by buying the food crops, trading goods and supplies with them to enrich the diversity of what is grown.

Even over the past 50 yrs what extreme changes there has been to the lands that we live on-the stress that every sq. acre of farmable land has to go through to support the population overgrowth of the world.

The one thing is Bill - some get it-some don't, and the scary one is the one that holds power over the Amazon.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like a great time RR. But my friend, no Rebel flag,No more NASCAR for me. It’s a southern tradition. I only know a few of the drivers anymore anyway.

I'm personally not happy about it either, but it's the only halfway decent sport left.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm personally not happy about it either, but it's the only halfway decent sport left.

Along with the bikini contest at Daytona beach in May. Pay for view only.:laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked a bunch of wild grape leaves this morning on my walk. Blanched them and made a brine solution to ferment them.

Also have a batch of dill pickles and sauerkraut fermenting away. It's been a week or so with the sauerkraut so you can see the bubbles at the top of the jar.

Attachments

• DSC03275.JPG
    DSC03275.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03278.JPG
    DSC03278.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC03281.JPG
    DSC03281.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 11

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Gotta get this detector cranked up.:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bart tell us more please. That's one big crucifix-must of came the priest or some very religious person.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picked a bunch of wild grape leaves this morning on my walk. Blanched them and made a brine solution to ferment them.

Also have a batch of dill pickles and sauerkraut fermenting away. It's been a week or so with the sauerkraut so you can see the bubbles at the top of the jar.

Bill wha's up with the wild grape leaves? You need to tell me more please.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright TreasureNet Crew...

G night time.

C U N am.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm having a rough time. I don't know why, but I can't get a full breath of air for nothing. I can only breathe halfway in for some reason, and it hurts bad to do anything else. I have no idea why, but my chest is killing me now, and I still can't breathe. Humidity? But no one else is having any trouble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread