THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

Well if you've ever eaten in a Greek restaurant dolmades or stuffed grape leaves are a staple as well as most areas of the middle east.

They're either stuffed with a mixture of ground meat and rice with various seasonings or rice and seasonings.

I'll post up a few recipes for you to check out.

Bill wha's up with the wild grape leaves? You need to tell me more please.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

Have you been practising social distancing? Not to alarm you but the virus has similar symtoms.

I'm having a rough time. I don't know why, but I can't get a full breath of air for nothing. I can only breathe halfway in for some reason, and it hurts bad to do anything else. I have no idea why, but my chest is killing me now, and I still can't breathe. Humidity? But no one else is having any trouble.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I
I'm having a rough time. I don't know why, but I can't get a full breath of air for nothing. I can only breathe halfway in for some reason, and it hurts bad to do anything else. I have no idea why, but my chest is killing me now, and I still can't breathe. Humidity? But no one else is having any trouble.

From having lung issues the soreness isn't something that happens usually with the humidity and difficulty breathing.
I'd be going to get tested/checked because you never know Rusty.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty,

Have you been practising social distancing? Not to alarm you but the virus has similar symtoms.

I haven't really been anywhere to get it... I don't get out much (haven't ya noticed? :p) I'm an isolationist, anti-social germaphobe. I feel physically fine, i.e not weak, not tired, didn't lose my appetite, etc. Just my breathing feels like crap right now. If it's covid, I'd be shocked. I just don't know.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

Well if you've ever eaten in a Greek restaurant dolmades or stuffed grape leaves are a staple as well as most areas of the middle east.

They're either stuffed with a mixture of ground meat and rice with various seasonings or rice and seasonings.

I'll post up a few recipes for you to check out.

Ok thanks Bill it came sliding back in. Seniors moment-and well over a decade since being to a Greek/Mid eastern restaurant.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did a short rib roast up this morning.
Threw a few pieces on my left over salad at lunch time. Yummy and more yummy when I know it was our stocker.
20200706_124422.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

Lots of people don't realize you can build a nice meal around a good sized salad. Add some sliced up meat of your choice or it you want to go vegetarian cheese, chick peas, beans, lentils, nuts or seeds.

Easy peasy and healthy to boot.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't really been anywhere to get it... I don't get out much (haven't ya noticed? :p) I'm an isolationist, anti-social germaphobe. I feel physically fine, i.e not weak, not tired, didn't lose my appetite, etc. Just my breathing feels like crap right now. If it's covid, I'd be shocked. I just don't know.

Could you be breathing too fast?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets senior moments....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
I figured out why it takes so long to do things around the place now. I go downstairs-"what did I come down here for?" Go back up stairs-darn-it I forgot to do that down stairs.:laughing7:
Today I was feeding one of the chicks some treats from the compost plus some worms the wife had put in the tray-I'm still wondering where I put it down. :dontknow:
Gave up after looking for 20 minutes-just another 20 I'll never get back.

Just too many projects going on at the same time I think is the main reason.
So I put the call out for help-today.
Going to take a big load off the plate.
Being doing a 10yr stint of renovating labour now-I'm tired-And the wife said I can go play more then.:hello2:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Remember this line?
"The show ended, but the explosions did not, and by now everything was so smoky from the humidity, it was getting hard to get fresh air."

Could be that you got poisoned from the smoke and it effected your lungs. I can't do any type of smoke-to the point I have to wear a double cartridge 3M mask when I process the Maple Syrup, and that's only wood smoke.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

Lots of people don't realize you can build a nice meal around a good sized salad. Add some sliced up meat of your choice or it you want to go vegetarian cheese, chick peas, beans, lentils, nuts or seeds.

Easy peasy and healthy to boot.
That's what I've been downing for the past hour-the protein tonight two hard boiled duck eggs, plus the 5/6 different types of nuts and seeds. Darn I forgot hemp seeds-oh well.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Nothin good gonna come of that.
You lose the other half of your ability and you're done.

Bronchitis ,asthma , virus, walking pneumonia , allergy , could be multiple things. Worsened by the polluted air you were in on the 4th.
Or even something in your current environment.

I'm no fan of visiting the doctor. But when something is wrong with your body and it tells you you're in trouble , no sense in ignoring it.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning Forum Peoples.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning rook, you're up with the birds also I see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread