THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anybody know a good way to heal a tore meniscus. I tore mine yesterday :BangHead:

I had to have surgery GB....Depending on how bad the tear is will dictate the treatment. I was able to get away with arthroscopic surgery. You'll have to get cat scans and MRI First. It did not take much rehab and I was up on my feet in 2 days hobbling around.....within 6 months I was good to go at 98%. I'm 100% now and never had an issue again. Good luck GB !! Heal up buddy !!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GB,

Good luck with the injury you're young maybe you can heal without surgery. The tests should give you the direction to take.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

You asked me earlier what was on the menu. Now that my brain is in gear....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Since we have lots of swiss chard and kale in the garden we'll be having hortopita pie.

Probably slice up some tomatoes and cukes to have also along with some cheese for some protein.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have your own YouTube cooking channel bill....you might enjoy making videos and sharing your style of cooking....I enjoy that you forage some things and use the great deals to make a lot a food....not to mention the whole fermenting side too !! I think you would have a lot of happy subscribers with a like mind. My wife is watching that last video. She's making lobster bisque, chicken thighs are marinating, pickling boiled eggs, and making zucchini lasagna !! She does this every weekend and I benifit with great meals from her passion/hobby !!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Thanks for the pat on the back, however, my schedule is pretty much maxed out already. Kind of like a fart in the wind these days...lol.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anybody know a good way to heal a tore meniscus. I tore mine yesterday :BangHead:

Been there, done that too. The key things are how bad a tear and where it tore. I tore a lateral meniscus but it was close to a good blood supply point. I could have surgery or see if I could heal. I chose healing. Took quite a while but it got back to about 85%. Thing is, I doubt if I had more than that when it started. Long time....Lotta years!

Still need to have it professionally checked out so you know for sure what you've been dealt.

Good luck!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
got it figured out. not a tore meniscus thank goodness. more of a sprain is what my pawpaw said. he was medic on a ambulance for 10 years

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got it figured out. not a tore meniscus thank goodness. more of a sprain is what my pawpaw said. he was medic on a ambulance for 10 years

That is better than the alternative.
Calls for R.I.C.E. therapy then.

I've found that ice, then rest awhile followed by heat and repeat worked well for me.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
GB
Hope you better soon.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
bart
Hope you better soon also.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You should have your own YouTube cooking channel bill....you might enjoy making videos and sharing your style of cooking....I enjoy that you forage some things and use the great deals to make a lot a food....not to mention the whole fermenting side too !! I think you would have a lot of happy subscribers with a like mind. My wife is watching that last video. She's making lobster bisque, chicken thighs are marinating, pickling boiled eggs, and making zucchini lasagna !! She does this every weekend and I benifit with great meals from her passion/hobby !!

I agree bart.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have a good one ARC

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I had to have surgery GB....Depending on how bad the tear is will dictate the treatment. I was able to get away with arthroscopic surgery. You'll have to get cat scans and MRI First. It did not take much rehab and I was up on my feet in 2 days hobbling around.....within 6 months I was good to go at 98%. I'm 100% now and never had an issue again. Good luck GB !! Heal up buddy !!

Healthy circulation Bart! Congrats.

Had mine scraped when it's torn and some split edges trimmed off.
Told it won't heal like a younger one would.
I try to limit hopping on it , but it's easy to know when I've over done it. L.o.l..

Felt like a nail with the head cut off holding my upper and lower leg together at the joint when weight was put on it.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Read backwards between "the" and "Garden" ! 8-)

google.de/maps/@19.9084708,-75.0990502,2037m/data=!3m1!1e3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions