THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bill do you grow Tomatollos for salsa verde?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

Unfortunately no we're running out of gardening space but you never know the lawn seems to be getting smaller every year....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Funny thing is they start feeding when I go out and sit down. They will buzz my head chasing each other. I get a kick out of them. I think they are feeding a lot now getting ready to fly back to you guys and South America.
That's what happens in the small garden by the house, go out to do something and they're right above our heads, feeding, making their little sounds.
I'm sure they're actually little aliens the way they stop midair, back up, go in any direction.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

Unfortunately no we're running out of gardening space but you never know the lawn seems to be getting smaller every year....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Grass is over rated in the first place.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How was the garlic this year Bill? (That's if you grow it, I can't recall if you do)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

I prefer the first generation Italian approach they plant pretty much every free square foot of their yards with something you can eat.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

So so I think we planted it to late last fall so the bulbs were only about golf ball size when we harvested. I'll plant earlier this year probably mid september or so.

I'm also be cheating and planting some tomorrow in plastic bins that I'll move into the carport (it's glassed in on 2 sides) when it gets to cold and harvest say mid November for winter use.

How was the garlic this year Bill? (That's if you grow it, I can't recall if you do)

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

So so I think we planted it to late last fall so they bulbs were only about golf ball size when we harvested. I'll plant earlier this year probably mid september or so.

I'm also cheating and planting some tomorrow in plastic bins that I'll move into the carport (it's glassed in on 2 sides) when it gets to cold and harvest say mid November for winter use.

Golf ball size is probably elephant garlic.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning
R C T!!!!!!

Sniff sniff sniff....
Me thinks a jar of that crap apple jelly landed on de fire ship.

Got to play like Antiquarian and do some laundry before I heads out this morn. I be taking the 5 year old rugrats to get surgery on both his eyes. Poor little dude.

Speaking of rugrats... the 5 & 7 year olds, Dey be startin’ out like real pirates. Both of ‘em stole candy (treasure to them) yesterday from the DG. Mommy had to march ‘em back, makes ‘em hand over de bounty and gives a proper apology.

I hope your "5 year old rugrats" are ok WD. :icon_thumleft:

Got my woodshop partner working on a permission for me. He was telling me a fishing story and wanted to show me where on Google maps.....turns out its point blank ground zero where I need to access the salvage camp from "El rubi segondo" the capitana galleon of the 1733 fleet. Also the survivors of the galleon "el infante" came ashore here. The capitana held a tremendous amount of gold and silver....all of which would have been brought ashore here. Got to be some still here. In the 80s ray Maloney got 250 pieces of 8 here....they are on display at the shipwreck museum in keywest. I'm praying this works out....its my best chance at a major find, and I've been trying to get in for a year now. Lots of private multi million dollar homes here. You WILL see treasure if this comes through for me. This is a spot where getting 20 or 50 Cobbs at once is possible. My dream coin got found here by art McKee in the late 50s....the gold 1733 bust 8 scudo....I want one badly !! This is the type of spot where every target could be trash or a life changing piece of gold jewelry could be found.....the type that leads to early retirement. Almost no one knows the potential of this spot....and those that are in know cannot access it. Dear lord please let this happen for me !! The only way to get the permission is for another local who is family to get you on the grounds !!

Best of luck to you on finding your retirement in the sand Bart!

It sure looks like you guys in Florida are in for a direct hit early next week. :icon_scratch:
Take care.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Unfortunately, the one-room school house/Orange Lodge was a bust yesterday. :sadsmiley:
All I found in 2hrs were blank rifle training rounds and bottle caps.

Yesterday I got a new permission for a site that had two old homesites on it though.
So, I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon doing some online research and a preliminary field walk of the site shown covered in soybeans.

I'll be investigating both of these in about 90mins. :thumbsup:

Morning ARC! :hello:

Attachments

• 20200820_130749.jpg
    20200820_130749.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2020-08-20 Google Maps.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-20 Google Maps.png
    483.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2020-08-20 Google Maps(2).jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-20 Google Maps(2).jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 19
  • J_Hepburn_Site2020-08-20 Google Maps-crop.jpg
    J_Hepburn_Site2020-08-20 Google Maps-crop.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 19

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning ARC, Dave

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Jim. :wave:

Well, I'm off to get ready to hit the new sites now... have a great Friday everyone!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Jim. :wave:

Well, I'm off to get ready to hit the new sites now... have a great Friday everyone!

Best of luck on the early morning hunt Dave.
I'm going to be getting my :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread