THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno,reading the fine print just now.It says not to have it on for more that 30 seconds.Probably gets so hot it will self destruct :(

But if you had 3-4 of them (switching them while keeping the heat on) every 15-20 seconds it might work...Its not like a crucible that takes time to heat up.These are instant 2,300*

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20190909-103309_Chrome.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder how the heat affects the nozzle because it is probably held in place by plastic. Sooner or later I imagine that nozzle will fly out and you will have a mini jet engine in your hands :dontknow:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
$ 136.00 for one, versus about 15 from your gas station ???

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
=======
Not a chance Roger, my wife makes Imelda Marcos look like an amatuer :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

The perks of not being married, and just looking at girls seems to be the way to go...at least for me. :occasion14:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
utube to the rescue

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Well friends, time to call it a night and see everyone in the morning. :hello:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry I'm late. You'll see this in the...morning? Goodnight, Simon.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a cool spot I visited yesterday.

Monument dedicated to the soldiers of Portsmouth Ohio who fought for the Union

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

The 40 foot tall monument was dedicated in 1879, and depicts Sergeant John Barnes of Company G, 56th O.V.I. It took twelve years, and $7,500 to erect the monument.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I have a permit, I carry mine next to me between the seat and the door. There are times when you REALLY are concerned about getting out of your car to fill it up or get a soft drink. That sign is a nice touch, but I have no trunk so I have to improvise.

Simon, we can carry without a permit here. Even if you have a permit I am a bit worried about where you have that gun. Some jumpy cop might see that and it could get bad. So many cops aren't aware of the laws.
My brother was in the back seat of a car-his wife and friend up front talking away and driving rather erratically.
Cop stops them, no big deal, leaning on the window, and my brother informed him he had a gun and permit.
Think the cop heard only gun. He leaped back, drew his gun, was pointing it at them. His partner calls for assistance...finally got it all straightened out. But scared heck out of everyone involved :D

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Simon, we can carry without a permit here. Even if you have a permit I am a bit worried about where you have that gun. Some jumpy cop might see that and it could get bad. So many cops aren't aware of the laws.
My brother was in the back seat of a car-his wife and friend up front talking away and driving rather erratically.
Cop stops them, no big deal, leaning on the window, and my brother informed him he had a gun and permit.
Think the cop heard only gun. He leaped back, drew his gun, was pointing it at them. His partner calls for assistance...finally got it all straightened out. But scared heck out of everyone involved :D

You know that Walmart doesn't want ANYBODY with a gun in their stores? I saw a guy yesterday open carrying a 9mm. My mom carries too. EVERYBODY does down here. The heck with Walmart, lol!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only reveal I have a conceal carry permit and a firearm if I am asked to get out of the car. If they ask me if I am armed while sitting in car I reply honestly, I am honest in my reply.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The only reason I don't carry is because by law, I'm too young. Darn it. I do carry a pocket knife at all times though.

I'd like to trade my knife for a D-Guard Bowie knife. Would any of y'all happen to have one? :laughing7:

37195v.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know that Walmart doesn't want ANYBODY with a gun in their stores? I saw a guy yesterday open carrying a 9mm. My mom carries too. EVERYBODY does down here. The heck with Walmart, lol!

You know that.....Walmart can pound sand !

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I only reveal I have a conceal carry permit and a firearm if I am asked to get out of the car. If they ask me if I am armed while sitting in car I reply honestly, I am honest in my reply.

Smart Man!
Open carrying makes you a target.
Open carrying is really only an option when your situational awareness is 100%
I could have disarmed so many unaware people.
Precisely why I don't recommend OC.

BC

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20190909-171501_Maps.jpg I'll check this soon......I think it's a large anchor !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread