THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You haven't lived yet till you get to have one of the our country's famous rum snow cones.

Now to mix diversity into the recipe:
1-20lb watermelon
1-Bottle of white rum
1-large amount of snow
1-knife
1-coat hanger
1-roll of aluminum foil
Cut plug hole in the end of melon-insert coat hanger for stir stick (cutting larger centre-digging out seeds)-pour in rum-pack in snow-put plug back in place-wrap in foil-leave for a few hours-cut into wedges-serve to nice/good looking females.

Now that's a great use of snow pepperj! Please tell us what the next step is after it's served...

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to show this clock pic. It appeared on my wife's fb account. If anybody could make this it's Bart!

clock.jpg

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning All.........AARC messaged me to get my butt in here, and if I did he would mail me gold doubloons. I'm here now, so pay up AARC!
JK.... Not a bad day again this morning here in Central Alberta.....bloody rained last night. It is supposed to be a winter wasteland here this time of year..Very mild winter so far.....

monday.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEp... I just started a new collection... I am now collecting.......................

Canadians :)

:P

Welcome to the RCT Alberta.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
YEp... I just started a new collection... I am now collecting.......................

Canadians :)

:P

Welcome to the RCT Alberta.

Careful.
Remember it's winter.
They'll put wheels on thier dogsleds when they get far enough South , and you'll be fixing Poutine for twenty!
:laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Clipper , would that be real bacon , or back, peameal stuff?
And...What the heck do you folks do with your pork bellies?
L.o.l...

I cured and then "cooked" a loin trying to make a Canadian type bacon. Went way heavy on the garlic. (Not sure what inspired me to add garlic...)
Should try again.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bring beer Uncle!

Virus still affecting recreational fishing /border waters. I can't really sneak over and pick you up. "They'll" (Canadian Navy , l.o.l..) catch me touching shore ,if not earlier.

Maybe we get enough good ice , you could don a white bed sheet and sneak across...That won't allow many beers. So make em be good ones.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Gmorn, good lord willing again even. I do love a good watermelon roast. Here, we make a big fire it takes couple three hours of constant stoking and beer drinking, than somebody places a nice ripe Mellon on the fire and than we all wait. Soon the thing will make a pop and it kinda of blows up. Then you go out in the bushes and try and get a piece.?.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Alberta hello, do you know any of the Shields? Saddle bronc and bare back riders, young Dave use to travel with some friends of mine here.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alberta hello, do you know any of the Shields? Saddle bronc and bare back riders, young Dave use to travel with some friends of mine here.

Hey Fat!

I had a beer with Dave Shields Sr once.....but I do not know him personally. I only used to go to the rodeos when I was young....dumb...single lol....... Davey (Jr) is a lot younger than me, I haven't been in that scene for a long time.
Guy Shapka is from my home town, he did that same exact rodeo circuit too, bareback guy too! Tough guys! They get thrown off, stomped on and still get up! I always had a lot of respect for them!

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rodeo is North America’s no.1 sport. It’s a small world. I know of Guy also but I’m just a fan mostly. Calgary was a vacation destination all the years I was grown up. Rodeo, Olympics, Banff, lake L. fishing, rafting, on and on. I’m really looking forward to taking my niece and nephew across Canada on the express RR. Next few years.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning AC and RC

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..... Bluefish is delicious if you fix it right. I was raised on fresh bluefish. The trick is to cut out the dark meat when you filet them, and then soak the filets in milk overnight before you cook them.
I love bluefish broiled in butter and garlic.

I had a friend once (yes I did :laughing7:) that had me cook blue fish in tin foil in a camp fire and it didn't taste like fish! He had me butterfly the 1.5 - 2 lb blue fish. Add lemon, red raisins, butter, and apple wedges, wrap it in the foil and it was too delicious to accurately describe other than to say it didn't taste like blue fish.

Morning Pete.

Morning AARC and all you Scallywags and Waggettes. Takes a lot of time to catch up on 20 pages of RCT. I love the topics but Whew!

Been incommunicado this weekend as I've been helping my wife get through her first bout of debilitating, searing back pain and today I'll take her to her doc. Finally got her some muscle relaxers yesterday that made the night bearable for her.

Bart I was wondering if you were concerned about those Goliaths inhaling your camera and see that you were.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Afternoon everyone that is hang out.

Got to watch the funnest thing this morning with the young hens (5 small eggs so far today :headbang:).
So this hen is in the corner, making the nest down into the wood chips, goes around and around an I'm watching 8 others all crowding around watching her. Geez it was a live instructional on this is how you lay an egg.:laughing7:

Hard to get any serious work done when I'm there watching the watchers. This is starting to into the daily egg hunt, seems like there's a few that just want to pick any old spot to lay, and not in the 10 laying boxes. :dontknow:

Maybe the first one is a where ever and from then on they pick a box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC