THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sure... I'm still up.. so evening...

laughing11.gif

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning everyone. :coffee2:

Welcome to the RCT forum Oregon Viking, I guess he's finally headed off to bed. :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Antiquarian
Cute puppy you have there is it a toy,or mini toy ?

Thanks for your question Roger.
I don't think the breeder identified her as being either a miniature or a toy, but she does have little shark teeth that can rip apart a Kleenex in seconds. :laughing7:

Here's how the breeder described her on their website...

Coton-Bichon – aka ‘Biton’

The Biton brings the best of both worlds into one incredibly amazing little dog! This designer dog breed is a superior hybrid both in appearance and disposition. Bred by crossing two pure breeds, a Bichon Frise and a Coton de Tulear, the Biton has naturally inherited many of the best qualities and attributes of his or her parents. Great socializing skills, alert, pleasant, friendly, and mild-mannered they have an overall cheerful attitude happy and positive. They aim to please enjoying nothing better than to be in the center of attention. This gentle breed adapts well to a variety of lifestyles from limited to boundless spaces, from children to pets to the guest at your door. The Biton is a good match for people with allergies as they are hypoallergenic and non-shedding. Brushing, which is not too difficult, is required, as well, an occasional bath will keep their hair so beautiful! With their sweet and cute expression, the Biton has a way of warming hearts and he will remain your best friend for life! The Coton-Bichon breed is a wonderful companion and highly recommended therapy dog.

Attachments

• 20201203_173942_resized.jpg
    20201203_173942_resized.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 18

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good evening fellas.

First off, I';d like to apologize for not posting pictures sooner. I had my eyes dialated by an eye doc, and for two days my vision was so bright and blurred, I couldn't find the keys to type. Anyways, here are the only two finds at the house site worth mentioning.

The penny is in rough shape, but I'm still proud of it. It's my first Indian Head! 1904 is also a harder date to find. We also found some junk there that I still have to clean up.

Tomorrow (I promise) I'll post pictures of a box I got from a new friend. Aircraft crash parts (crew names are known!) a piece of an SS dog tag, a rare piece of trench art, a communist sporting banner, an East German border police cuff title, a U.S. Navy aviators med kit, and Luftwaffe belt links found on the Gumrak Airfield, Stalingrad.

So recently, I have decided that I would proudly wear stuff from Nine Line Apparel and Grunt Style, both Veteran owned. Their stuff always has a forward facing American flag, and I bought three hoodies from them that I wear all the time: R.E.D., an American flag Apache drop line, and a 76' flag. Usually I complement each one with a grey American flag hat, or a Come and Take it cannon flag hat. Sounds innocent enough, right? So far, I have been screamed at, accosted, stared at, kicked out of stores and grimaced at. I LOVE this kind of stuff, it only gets my blood boiling, and makes me just keep at it. So today, I wore my favorite hoodie, my Come and Take it Hat, a BDU Camo face mask, and sunglasses. There were people clearing the aisles, lol! They probably thought I was one of those capitol protesters, ha ha! Some of the chicks seemed to dig it though, so it wasn't all that bad.:icon_thumright:

On a different note, I do not have to have eye surgery for now. For those of you who don't know, I have cataracts, and I can't see nuthin' without glasses. So far, doc sawbones says I'm good, so I won't worry about it or now.

Now I gotta go clean up my brothers room, it looks like an FAA investigation site with all of the aircraft pieces, lol! :laughing7:
Best of luck to you on your cataract surgery Ethan, going to the hospital for anything these days is a difficult thing to do.
Sounds as if you you don't mind stirring up controversy with your clothing choices, good for you for not being afraid to show your patriotism and personality.

If you're like this at age 18, I can't image what you're going to be like at age 50. :thumbsup:
Dave

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahoy, mateys!

***everyone take a deep breath because I am about to suck all the stale air out of the ship***

Good morning, Alberta clipper, Antiquarian(you got bumped from #1) , ARC, Bart, Bill, boatlode, (any “C’s?”) Duckshot, ECS, Fat, Gb1, (J,K,L?) , Metalarch ( where have you gotten off to?) Msbeep, Noah, (O?), Pepperj, Pete’s pocket, (Q?), releventchair, Roger, rook, Rusty, SD, Toecutter, Tom, ( U, V?), WHADI, (X,Y,Z?).

And whoever else is hiding below deck!

And good night, Oregon Viking.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning Tnet

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome back Oregon Viking

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ahoy, mateys!

***everyone take a deep breath because I am about to suck all the stale air out of the ship***

Good morning, Alberta clipper, Antiquarian(you got bumped from #1) , ARC, Bart, Bill, boatlode, (any “C’s?”) Duckshot, ECS, Fat, Gb1, (J,K,L?) , Metalarch ( where have you gotten off to?) Msbeep, Noah, (O?), Pepperj, Pete’s pocket, (Q?), releventchair, Roger, rook, Rusty, SD, Toecutter, Tom, ( U, V?), WHADI, (X,Y,Z?).

And whoever else is hiding below deck!

And good night, Oregon Viking.
Morning WD and Rook. :wave:
I find it difficult to stay awake past 10:30pm these days, probably because I'm up most mornings at 5am or earlier.
I was in bed by 9:30 last night, so of course I woke up at 4am this morning.

Now my wife and daughter are the complete opposite, they go to bed around 2 or 3am and will sleep until noon if I can stay quiet long enough. :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning OV, WD, AARC and ANTI

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning WD and Rook. :wave:
I find it difficult to stay awake past 10:30pm these days, probably because I'm up most mornings at 5am or earlier.
I was in bed by 9:30 last night, so of course I woke up at 4am this morning.

Now my wife and daughter are the complete opposite, they go to bed around 2 or 3am and will sleep until noon if I can stay quiet long enough. :laughing7:

Yes! I'm still awake (pacific time) but like to sleep till noon... I will be on the job by 10 though. 1 hour of coffee first.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Magnet doesn't do anything to the penny. Some of the soil around here attacks older metals, and leaves other metals pristine. It attacked this one for some reason or another. I don't know why.

OH! I can't believe I forgot to mention this. So last summer, I found a brass toe plate that I guessed was from around the early 1900s in my front yard. I tossed it onto my relic shelf, and never gave it a second look. Well three days ago, I picked it up to clean the dirt off of it, and lo and behold, there is a date on it! 1856!

So I present to you, a mystery. In one 30x30 foot section of my front yard, I have found a Civil War bullet and scabbard tip, two 1850s toe plates, numerous square nails, solid iron plates, and pieces of pontiled bottle when I dig signals up. I have not found anything like this outside of this small area. So what the heck was there?

Rusty,

Yep like Jim said sometimes hard to piece together how or why finds show up at a certain location.

A few years ago, I found a PEI coin from the 1860's down only a couple of inches. This park was a swampy area and was loaded with fill from a nearby dug out road that was getting redone. Odds are that area was once farmland but just an educated guess on my part.
I’ll often remind myself when I'm detecting any ‘modern’ post-1900 built site, that there was often something located there prior to the current building, especially if you’re in an older town. :icon_scratch:

When I was 17, I dug three War of 1812 grapeshot from our backyard garden. Our house was built in the early 1960s in the east end of Toronto. Through research at the library, I discovered the area where our house was built used to be a swamp and was filled in with dirt dredged up from Toronto Harbour. I wanted to dig down deeper to see if there were any more relics, but my father wouldn’t let me… we’ll likely never know what else might be there.

I gave one of the cannonballs to Fort York in Toronto and one to my Grade 8 History teacher Mr. Cox, who was a big inspiration to me at the time.
Here's the one I kept shown next to an unidentified iron ball I found at a homestead site in my area in 2017. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20210121_055207.jpg
    20210121_055207.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 20

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Gmorn, Viking I look at your, journal? or what ever called. Bow hunting topic is interesting to me. I have hunted with a longbow some. Your car looks like fun too, slot cars, I’ve been going to unpack my old set for my niece and nephew and me to play with, or just me....
I’m on mountain time. I’ve been go to bed around 630 and than read and listen to tv or music or do all three. As the days get longer I adjust. It’s 4am now. I have a mare that’s close to foal so I’ve been keep eye on.
Rusty nice finds. My sister has had eye problems all her life. We have some funny stories about when she was young and the family would be driving somewhere and I would spot some deer and mom and dad would say, yep can you see them?, she always , No I can’t see anything, we used to think she was just being a turd but now we know that she couldn’t see... several friends have some funny stories about when she got to take car and than before seatbelts were popular, everybody would put them on.
Cheesy potatoes are really good. Good day all...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread