THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well I don't think you know what frozen is. :tongue3:

Go outside when it is five degrees below zero F. and touch something with your bare hands that is metal and has been sitting out there. I can guarantee it ain't wet. Don't touch anything too big to carry back inside with you. And for goodness sake don't touch it with both hands or you won't be able to turn the knob and get back inside! Gotta thaw that ice out, then it will be wet.:thumbsup:

Thundering here today. Think I'll take a nap.

Im all in on the Nap.:icon_thumright:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up with this place ? I can get on other sites but this one says "sorry server is to busy,try back again" ???

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My lights are blinking on and off. Huh.

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0289.jpg

Kings Crown and Strombus shell hammers, Type G, from the Manasota Culture (500 BCE - 900 AD), found by Tom Clark, Tampa Bay area.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD
Did you run Simon back to the Summer retreat cave with Tom?:laughing7:

I was over in the My Daily Snapshot Forum, and it looks like he’s busy guarding the cave from tamrock getting in. Kinda unsociable, if you ask me. :laughing9:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been a FUN morning.I usually do my own oil & filter change on my cars.But today I decided to take it to a shop.Got the truck home,looked underneath and.... the new filter is covered in oil and leaking on my driveway.I then checked the dipstick to find it was 1 Qt. overfilled.REALLY ! IF you want something done right (even something Simple) do it yourself.
Time for a cold one,or 2 , or 12 :(

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This has been a FUN morning.I usually do my own oil & filter change on my cars.But today I decided to take it to a shop.Got the truck home,looked underneath and.... the new filter is covered in oil and leaking on my driveway.I then checked the dipstick to find it was 1 Qt. overfilled.REALLY ! IF you want something done right (even something Simple) do it yourself.

No doubt. KN filters.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
WD
That pumpkin doesn't look cheery after you gutted it.:laughing7:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

But wait it gets even better......Part 2...... So I call the shop to complain to the manager,he says I'm sorry a 1,000 times and says, bring it in(I'll work on it). NOW by now I'm pumped and don't trust these guys,and I'm ready ! I arrive, the Mgr. pulls my Silverado over their oil change pit.(As he's doing that), I get into position w/my small camera where he can't see me,But zooming in (off a mirror) I can see & video him in the pit:)! .He comes out of the pit.I say was the filter loose ? He says no.I say really ? I say,Wanna see a short video ? Guess who won.Guess who lost. New filter was loose 1 full turn.Oil level was 1 Qt. over.After that, he figured he change the oil & filter again(while I'm watching) lol.Saying I'm sorry yada,yada,yada again. Talk about incompetent and lying to my face !!One thing good ,here, at the lake we have a site for ALL to post their good & bad business experiences.Anyone wanna buy a oil-change-shop ?

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do ppl think a 1988 p mint. Nickel is worth thousands of dollars ?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD is your signature so big it takes up 2 screens ? heh

Sheesh :P

Or... does someone keep posting huge stuff ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting