THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210222_045826.jpg I think this cobb is real close to original.....weight is close and appears a bit heavy i believe because of additional sand on it......it is the least corroded coin I've ever pulled...I think...as far as cobbs are concerned. It has very little features and shows just how bad the strike could be....lack of detail is not from corrosion because we have such a close weight !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210222_045837.jpg now this one here is a bit shy....possibly clipped or shaved....and showing some corrosion loss also....but not much.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My scale is probably off a tiny bit too.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now this one here is a bit shy....possibly clipped or shaved....and showing some corrosion loss also....but not much.

Absolutely Bart...

Clipping was RAMPANT... and when i say rampant i mean rampant.... this was such a... THE problem with cobs.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would even take the clippings / shavings... melt them down and create their own coins... no crapola

Alos... take these same bits and make jewelry etc... as to no get caught with the bits on person... they were crafty industrious bass terds. heh

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the MAIN reason... when you find a coin... great strike (remember they did not care about strike... err the least anyway... as long as it was identifiable)... AND proper weight... AND obvious no clipping and crisp.

Price goes Cha Ching.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the "way" measurement was attained...

The carob seed paved this street... then carat... which then translates to "Karat" and is standard to this day.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh... and if interested ... the word of keyness here is "onza".

Ounce.... aka "28 grammes".

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No tax on jewelry for the spaniard....funny...I've found it much easier to sell these coins as jewelry/treasure, than as a coin....coin collectors can be a very picky bunch....but treasure enthusiasts are interested in the story as much as the coin !! Easier for me to sell a mounted treasure coin in a bezel than it is an unmounted coin. Im presenting it to a different set of buyers in this form.....the crusty, nerdy numismatist is not my target. Any one can make up a fancy certificate with a story attached. And I will have a cert made....it will be my own cert with a backstory as told here on t-net, and a notarized witness signature by islamoradamark who was there with me.....t-net is an asset to me at this point and any buyer can be directed here to read the story of the find. Ive tried to show one of the most by the book legal recoveries of treasure.....no denying that I was on the beach between the low and high tide marks....the pictures don't lie, and eventually ill put together the video footage. Its very difficult to find in today's day and age a legal spot to actually make a dream like this happen. You sure didn't see Jonah take any pics of the actual recovery of those 22 cobbs he found on the beach....supposedly !! My recovery leaves no doubt to the legality of the find and there are multiple witnesses....not to mention the drivers that saw me screaming and dancing with the road crew !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When ya gonna clean those other coins ? ? ? :)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to leave them....but I must admit I almost just started on one....im hovering on the cleaning part....guess I could always look at the pictures of them uncleaned !! Plus my wife wants me to clean up the 2 reale for my son to ware !! Im like anti dave....I like treasure to be Shiney!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So maybe I'll clean one up now !!:hello2::laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So maybe I'll clean one up now !!:hello2::laughing7:

:)

Think about it... to me... its a shame to leave it crusted... they weren't made that way... porr little cobby wobby... crust wusty little thing... poor poor cobby wobby should be CLEANED ! ! !

:P

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning AARC and Bart

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides... you can see the damn thing. heh

Um... this is what is cool... the crust shows others what to look for... but that is what pictures are for... they should be brought back into the light...

and... you may be surprised at how cool they come out... and then is a "viable" coin again... which to me is way cooler.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread