THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,

Good job on the clean ups. Like how there's still some toned sections around the details adds a nice touch!

Agreed.... great job... and they are damn great looking coins... that last one WILL BE your best... but i am sure you have realized this by now.

YES the pillar is awesome... but coin wise... your last baby has the "it factor". :)

Each now cleaned...

can be bezeled and cherished.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting video on permaculture in India.

Thanks for the post up of the video Bill. It's a refreshing take on todays world of agri.
I really love Jack Fruit, it was a discovery when we got to Fiji and we'd see these gigantic knobbly looking fruit growing out of the trunk of these huge trees.
The segments part reminded me of a over larked segment of a cow/horse molar shape.
Tasty tasty they are-the other thing I remember is bread fruit the local women made. Doing their National Holiday we were watching the locals play football, and I had my very first piece-well no moderation/control here-I want to buy a whole cake.
The laughter from the women could be heard over the festivities-crazy man!
Well when they presented the cake for me to purchase I cried out in :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: as it was 2'X 4' in size!
I still bought a huge portion of the cake-still I was one crazy dude to them. :headbang:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all!

No cobs found shoveling snow today ,yet ,so far....

Dropped a wrench repeatedly the other day working on the plow truck.
Should have been in my coat pocket when I returned other tools to the tool box , but it seemed to have escaped.
Then I plowed over the area.
So , I have a site to detect this spring for the glint of silver....L.o.l..

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all!

No cobs found shoveling snow today ,yet ,so far....

Dropped a wrench repeatedly the other day working on the plow truck.
Should have been in my coat pocket when I returned other toolss to the tool box , but it seemed to have escaped.
Then I plowed over the area.
So , I have a site to detect this spring for the glint of silver....L.o.l..

LOL! I read “wench.”

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

I remember during my vacations to Barbados eating what I thought were mashed potatoes. I mentioned to the waitress they tasted different than those back home and had a yellow tint. She laughed and told me it was breadfruit.

If memory serves me correctly the breadfruit trees were originally brought to the Caribbean from the South Pacific islands.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only reale I have was won in a contest sponsored by a detectorist in Ohio and it's milled. Still a beautiful coin in my eyes at least.

Notice how there's a lot of toning in the devices just the way I like it, has a nice aged look to it.

Attachments

• DSC00793 (626x640).jpg
    DSC00793 (626x640).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00794 (640x567).jpg
    DSC00794 (640x567).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 19

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The only reale I have was won in a contest sponsored by a detectorist in Ohio and it's milled. Still a beautiful coin in my eyes at least.

Notice how there's a lot of toning in the devices just the way I like it, has a nice aged look to it.

That's a beauty!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty,

Glad you got your power back are the roads manageable yet or still treacherous?

It depends. Ice is becoming less of a worry, but trees are still down everywhere.

Two people have died because they were without power here. Trees are falling on folks homes, entire sections of forest gone, it's a mess.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If someone wants to try their hand and making some polish pierogies.

I've tried these before, and they were very good! My Grandma lives next to the Mrs. T's perogie factory, and they're a big deal up there. I can usually eat 10+ in a single sitting. :P

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In this world of the internet the world reads up on a product/company. One might think that it's a waste of time to post up a review but here is "Olive branch reach out"

Jim I tried and left you a message a year ago when we read your review, but didn't hear back from you.

"We don't voice mail" (Bald face lier)

How can we resolve this negative review?

"Meet be closer to half way"

Then I get an email requesting I delete my review post entirely before he compensates me.

I deleted the review (copy/paste to folder)

Another call asking me to take down my deleted message.

"Deleted review as per the agreement of compensation from the company"

Another phone call "I can't sign off on this Jim-come on work with me.

OK (Gee what a person has to go through to get $500.00) :laughing7:

So the next time you are justified in a less than happy product/company write an honest/fact review-folks do notice.

In the original out of the blue call this morning the VP did state folks were liking the reviews of the company "Except moi" So it must of stung.

Except they ghosted a company where we first saw the product.
"Oh we're great friends with them and will compensate them for this order/but it's a lot easier for us to work through the main store." (double bald face :censored:)

I said the $$$ will buy a shin dig of lobster/scallops for the ghosted party.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this world of the internet the world reads up on a product/company. One might think that it's a waste of time to post up a review but here is "Olive branch reach out"

Jim I tried and left you a message a year ago when we read your review, but didn't hear back from you.

"We don't voice mail" (Bald face lier)

How can we resolve this negative review?

"Meet be closer to half way"

Then I get an email requesting I delete my review post entirely before he compensates me.

I deleted the review (copy/paste to folder)

Another call asking me to take down my deleted message.

"Deleted review as per the agreement of compensation from the company"

Another phone call "I can't sign off on this Jim-come on work with me.

OK (Gee what a person has to go through to get $500.00) :laughing7:

So the next time you are justified in a less than happy product/company write an honest/fact review-folks do notice.

In the original out of the blue call this morning the VP did state folks were liking the reviews of the company "Except moi" So it must of stung.

Except they ghosted a company where we first saw the product.
"Oh we're great friends with them and will compensate them for this order/but it's a lot easier for us to work through the main store." (double bald face :censored:)

I said the $$$ will buy a shin dig of lobster/scallops for the ghosted party.

Pepper... so they paid you 500 ? ? ?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to leave them....but I must admit I almost just started on one....im hovering on the cleaning part....guess I could always look at the pictures of them uncleaned !! Plus my wife wants me to clean up the 2 reale for my son to ware !! Im like anti dave....I like treasure to be Shiney!!

Related to Blingy? :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread