THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just put the story on the banner thread......im gearing up depending on how I feel after today's dental implants....not sure how much recovery time I'll need but its a great excuse for me to ditch work and do some medical leave treasure hunting !!

Just caught the write up, impatient me once again. Best of luck today.

Oh ouch!

The mrs tried that out a few years back, the socket bone wasted and $3K down the drain-plus the pain.

Damn freezing did zilch on me-I always needed to be knocked out for any major work to be done.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other cool thing is I would never have met this guy if it wasn't for the mahogany business. We have some great trees we harvested from this property. So excited to have another shot at a good spanish site !!

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a banner week in mahogany sales too. Shipping some boards to a live edge artist in Seattle, and sold the rest of the boards to a local artist here in town. Now I have a giant bar top build coming up soon. Starting to get some bigger paydays out of our older dried material. Life is good at the moment.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Gmorn all, Thinking about Spanish silver, I wonder how much stuff has been found by the REA linemen?
There use to be a guy here when I was young and I recall him showing off a few different artifacts that he found when putting in or replacing power poles. It was a common thing on saturdays at barber shop or the bar to see that kind of thing.
So now days whenever I see a crew putting in a pole I try and stop in ask if they had seen or had the luck, just guessing but about half have have a story about someone finding something.
I’m going to try onion pie for supper tonight, have a great day everybody....

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats interesting fat.....jose was the boss on this road crew, and he was a pretty sharp guy when it came to this subject. He had made some good dollars on bottles that he dug while at work. He dug into an old bottle dump in key west and had enough sense to go back and dig a bunch of case gin bottles like islamoradamark found at our dig. He said he dug about 35 and sold them at 250 -350 each. He had alot of knick nacks on the dash of his truck also....all things he dug. He was amazed at the coins, and I may have created a new metaldetectorist. It would not surprise me if he gets a machine after witnessing our finds !!

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say that white dog has a “mud eating grin” they always have muddy feet in my life..

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be honest with you guys.....I want to get in the water and continue where I left off last summer with islamoradamark.....we made a real substantial find on our last dive.....I don't doubt that I'll find spanish treasure at this site....just got to get back in the water and make it happen. No one has ever pounded this spot like were gonna, and no one ever knew there was a third ballast mound here. Mark and I were the first to find it and its probably a real big deal. I've been thinking about this spot all winter. When I passed the machine over it I get alot of grumbling and mumbling iron tones. Something awaits us here and inshore of this site. 24000 missing pesos here....thats a large fortune in today's numbers and im planning on getting at least some of it. So far its just been olive jar shards at 10-30 $ apiece. Also im narrowing an area down on some gold ones.....im close enough to start searching and was even scouting this winter with my customers while on snorkeling charters. I've got this one narrowed down to about a football feild sized area. 2 beautiful spanish gold were found here in one morning by a snorkeler. I think there are alot of gold ones here to be finding them by eyeball....hopeing for a substantial amount.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"As another day begins at oak island":coffee2: morning

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here in Ohio, when I was in elementary, we had to learn a spelling song, sort of. I wonder if Noah learned it, too? Or any one? Em eye crooked letter crooked letter eye crooked letter crooked letter eye hump back hump back eye.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks bill for the onion pie recipe. Morning

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They seem to be using Gary a little more this year. I like that. What did they say about the coal? I got a phone call and missed it.

Their shipping it off to be further tested .Initial test shows it came from Europe.This test will tell the exact location and time-frame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread