THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning to All

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Gmorn, WD those crappie looked like fun day and that shop your building the she shed in looks really nice too. I’ve been think about your count down.
Women seem to not want to tell exact age, will you say 29 again for the last 30 days, trying my best, I’m not a subsidized joke writer, have a great day...

Good morning Fat. My son was all kinds of pumped when he got home from fishing. He had fun. I don’t have a quick enough reaction time to catch crappie. I found that out a couple years ago when I took my grandson fishing. Well, I drove, he tried to school me on crappie fishing.

That “shop” is our barn, aka the he shed.

My mom always said she was 29. Good memory. My birthday is in my username. Your not allowed to post your weight guess. LOL. I appear to be the shortest at 5’1”. My profile pic is the most current pic of me. I think it’s also posted some where on the fish pics thread.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning AARC, WD, Fat, Rook, Oregon, Dave,

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well with the mild and the rain, it knocked the fluffy snow pack down to half the height now. Problem is that the freezing turns the surfaces to nice slippery spots.
Kind of nice to see gravel being exposed once again.
The sap will be starting to run once again.
Another season of skip the 6 week time sucker. This have enough reserves for a year.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess you don't have time for collecting and boiling sap this year eh Jim, you've already got enough on the go with chickens, Max and your wife to take care of.
It's going to be above freezing until at least Tuesday here.

Spring must be coming because I'm starting to see little frozen tootsie rolls popping up like tulips in the backyard. :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be nice! We had a high of 55 here today....36 last night. We must drive 20 minutes to find snow. Sea level to 4500 feet in 30 inland miles. Still...
Unless it causes inconvenience...

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm thinking about buying an affordable backup detector for my Deus... the Nokta Makro Simplex.
Does anyone have any experience with this machine, the reviews look to be positive. :icon_scratch:

IP68: Fully submersible up to 3 meters (10 ft) and protected from total dust ingress.
Iron Volume: Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron tone.
Discrimination: Discriminates Target IDs of unwanted metals.
Search Modes: All Metal / Field / Park / Beach
Vibration: SIMPLEX+ will vibrate upon detection of target! Ideal for the hearing impaired users as well as for detection underwater.
Frequency Shift: Get rid of EMI easily by shifting the frequency in small increments.
Built-in Wireless Module: Compatible with 2.4 GHz Nokta Makro Green Edition Wireless Headphones.
Fabulous Lighting for Night & Underwater Use: SIMPLEX+ has it all - LCD Backlight, Keypad Backlight and LED Flash
Warranty: 2 years

Attachments

• simplex-edit-crop.jpg
    simplex-edit-crop.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 21

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess you don't have time for collecting and boiling sap this year eh Jim, you've already got enough on the go with chickens, Max and your wife to take care of.
It's going to be above freezing until at least Tuesday here.

Spring must be coming because I'm starting to see little frozen tootsie rolls popping up like tulips in the backyard. :laughing7:

:icon_scratch: Gee you make it sound like I have to take care of the Mrs -Nope. She's the head feeder of operations, and I'm just the labour that gets fed-no work-no feed. Simple rule....:laughing7:

No time to collect and boil-it is a 10-12 hr day to do the maple syrup and right now it's focusing on the tasks at hand the finishing the interior jobs in this over due renovation.
Would of been a lot faster to bulldoze this place and started new. Nothing like knowingly buying a lipstick on a pig-and righting the wrongs, as I hit my head on the door frame going stupid Jim/stupid Jim.

That's what's great about the raw food diet for dogs Dave-those tootsie rolls just disappear. Then again having a acreage/bush helps immensely!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bill

Must be a tad nicer for the morning walks this past few days.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm thinking about buying an affordable backup detector for my Deus... the Nokta Makro Simplex.
Does anyone have any experience with this machine, the reviews look to be positive. :icon_scratch:

IP68: Fully submersible up to 3 meters (10 ft) and protected from total dust ingress.
Iron Volume: Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron tone.
Discrimination: Discriminates Target IDs of unwanted metals.
Search Modes: All Metal / Field / Park / Beach
Vibration: SIMPLEX+ will vibrate upon detection of target! Ideal for the hearing impaired users as well as for detection underwater.
Frequency Shift: Get rid of EMI easily by shifting the frequency in small increments.
Built-in Wireless Module: Compatible with 2.4 GHz Nokta Makro Green Edition Wireless Headphones.
Fabulous Lighting for Night & Underwater Use: SIMPLEX+ has it all - LCD Backlight, Keypad Backlight and LED Flash
Warranty: 2 years

I got nada-zippo-nothing-zilcho to offer on that machine-sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread