THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be better....but glad its over !!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got nada-zippo-nothing-zilcho to offer on that machine-sorry.

Morning Bart, Bill and WD.

Thank for the 'Tootsie Roll' advice Fat.

Thanks Jim, this is just something I'm just thinking out loud about, gotta find a job first to pay for it. :laughing7:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking about buying an affordable backup detector for my Deus... the Nokta Makro Simplex.
Does anyone have any experience with this machine, the reviews look to be positive. :icon_scratch:

IP68: Fully submersible up to 3 meters (10 ft) and protected from total dust ingress.
Iron Volume: Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron tone.
Discrimination: Discriminates Target IDs of unwanted metals.
Search Modes: All Metal / Field / Park / Beach
Vibration: SIMPLEX+ will vibrate upon detection of target! Ideal for the hearing impaired users as well as for detection underwater.
Frequency Shift: Get rid of EMI easily by shifting the frequency in small increments.
Built-in Wireless Module: Compatible with 2.4 GHz Nokta Makro Green Edition Wireless Headphones.
Fabulous Lighting for Night & Underwater Use: SIMPLEX+ has it all - LCD Backlight, Keypad Backlight and LED Flash
Warranty: 2 years
Morning everyone! I can only compare it to my previous detectors (ACE 300 and crappy old bounty hunter) but I love it! It works great in fields and yards... it filters out iron very nicely and gets some depth. I pulled an 8-inch trime with mine on my first real hunt with it! I don't know how it performs underwater or near saltwater yet though but it is a HUGE step up from the ACE 300 and I've found a bunch of stuff at my old "hunted out" sites.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bart, Bill and WD.

Thank for the 'Tootsie Roll' advice Fat.

Thanks Jim, this is just something I'm just thinking out loud about, gotta find a job first to pay for it. :laughing7:

I would spend the $$$ on a HF coil.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noah....im trying to get some info about the new hot spots on the treasure coast....the aquarena condos in Melbourne fl., And Melbourne Beach are the new producers. Some good stuff has been found in recent years and its thought that another treasure wreck is close by. Maybe petespocket can give us some insight into these north beaches and what's been getting found !!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noah....im trying to get some info about the new hot spots on the treasure coast....the aquarena condos in Melbourne fl., And Melbourne Beach are the new producers. Some good stuff has been found in recent years and its thought that another treasure wreck is close by. Maybe petespocket can give us some insight into these north beaches and what's been getting found !!
Thanks Bart! You have no idea how much I appreciate all this!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been between 35 and 60 degrees here for the last three or four days and on some of my sites (like windswept hilltops) I can already see the ground! I think I will be going back to my trime site pretty soon! Woohoo!

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in marriage counselling and was asked:

"She says you never buy her flowers?"

Tell you the truth counsellor, I never knew she sold flowers....

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good afternoon., rc, xaos. I am passing you the rum room key. Don’t let the Cap’n catch you. Off to work and then my first scuba lesson. (Just a trial type thing).

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

Yep starting to get quite pleasant for the morning walks. Starting to get antsy for spring gardening what you got on the planning to do list garden wise this year?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Fat. My son was all kinds of pumped when he got home from fishing. He had fun. I don’t have a quick enough reaction time to catch crappie. I found that out a couple years ago when I took my grandson fishing. Well, I drove, he tried to school me on crappie fishing.

That “shop” is our barn, aka the he shed.

My mom always said she was 29. Good memory. My birthday is in my username. Your not allowed to post your weight guess. LOL. I appear to be the shortest at 5’1”. My profile pic is the most current pic of me. I think it’s also posted some where on the fish pics thread.

"She says to me, "Guess my weight!".

So I said, "Oh, maybe about forty-five minutes....."

:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread