THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bored? (Insert Expletive) I somehow have less time to play! I guess I used work as an excuse as to why I didn't/couldn't clean. Shoot fire! It's absurd how much I have to do around here! It's raining today, so I am going to try and take care of some loose ends with a church group and at least get that off my list. It's a whole mess because someone went on ahead of us. :angel2:

Then there's the shed. Repurpose/reuse. We have piles of stone block. Some from the barn we had torn down and some left over from the house build. The idea is to stack them around the leveling blocks for aesthetics. They are on the opposite end of the cemetery from the shed. And, take the good bricks from the old house foundation (located way up at the driveway to our property) and maybe make herbal garden next to the shed, and/or pathways, or something. By the time I do all this, I should be looking like a pygmy amazon queen. Probably more like OV's laughing viking gif.

I bought a little wooden paint your own birdhouse from wally world. I have this idea to glue my glass shards to it. Gotta figure out the tumbler thingy first.

Father-in-law gave me a butter churn crock, in pieces, but plastic wrapped together. Watched video on how to fix that. Gotta practice on my own crock shards first, which means I have to put the puzzles together. The butter churn is important. I didn't catch the whole story or maybe I did, he talks so quietly now. I know it was used by his mother and he ate butter from that crock. I am not sure if it was hers originally, or if she inherited it from her mother, or what. Still it is a family heirloom. He wanted me to put it on the porch, but MR and I both agree, when we get it together, it is staying in the house. Mr is in charge of making the wooden paddle thing.

Oh, Pepps, I could go on and on. LOL.

I do have a plan for a cheese and wine party with my gal pals. I got that idea from Bill's hotel video. :thumbsup:

you could always take up fishing more....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So Pepperj did you make to the Mammoth Site? It is my favorite attraction. It is not manmade. It is a natural occurance. They discovered a sink hole with prehistoric animals in it. A core test couldn't reach the bottom. They are slowly exposing the animals. There are huge mammoth pelvis, heads, tusks. And other animals too. I always try to get my Harley customers to visit it.
No I didn't and if I did I don't recall, happened occasionally. I'm pretty sure I would recall that if I did.
(Now poor mind sinks back in to the black)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope nobody minds. Despite what has been the finish. He still stands as my all time favorite comedian. Some of my fondest memories from my childhood was Mr. Griffith,(6th grade teacher), giving us a reward for doing well on a test by playing some of Bill's earliest stuff.

Goodnight folks, pleasant dreams.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a stand up routine by him in the 90s...I've never laughed so hard....I did not believe the accusations in the beginning. Im ashamed for him....so sad. I still have a hard time with how to feel about bill !!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You gotta love the small town South. I was wearing my “Black Guns Matter” shirt today and if you’re from the South you know we strike up a conversation anywhere. So I pull up at the gas pump and a black fellow is pumping his gas and we locked eyes so I tell him good morning and he says good morning and then he aid my shirt was wrong it should say ALL GUNS MATTER and we both cracked up. In the rural South there’s just good and bad and the bad will get shot to protect good folk from being harmed . Love thy neighbor [emoji1317][emoji631][emoji1317]

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched a stand up routine by him in the 90s...I've never laughed so hard....I did not believe the accusations in the beginning. Im ashamed for him....so sad. I still have a hard time with how to feel about bill !!

Old weird Harold /9th street bridge.
"Now , I don't know the name of the wino that came staggering out of the alley ....."

What was your avatar name again? L.o.l...

One of my sisters bought me one of his albums when I was thirteen. Too bad he went the way he did. Wasted more than his talent.

"When I was thirteen man, talk about weird things.."

"Where the heck is the guy from Crete? What , was he a waiter or something?"

"Ants are cool man. Ever see em luggin home a loaf of bread like that man , and thier wife's sitting there like , well ,what'd you do today?"

"Vooba ,vooba,vooba ,Bing! NOAH! "

"I looked in the mirror and I saw , little tiny hairs growin out my face. Took my razor and zip zap , my face was ripped to shreds".

Guess I've forgotten most. Ah well.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like we have a new "piratessess ehhsss" amongst us...

That makes 3 pirate ladies...

MS. BeepBeep... WannaDig... and now... Sheperdess. :)

Hmmm

***ARC feels outnumbered and checks to see if the Rum room keys are safe and hidden***

Welcome to the Crew Sheperdess BTW.

Geesh. Took you long enough. She’s only drank 2 barrels since she came aboard. Kind of a light weight compared to, um, er, uh... let’s say some scurvy dog the crew elects to command and navigate the pirate ship. Savvy?

Where is Msbeep any way? I hope she’s okay.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I have decided not to get the Covid shots. I am worried as to the effects it may have in the years down the road for those that get the shots.

We are holding out also. I was considering the J &J until the blood clot cases. They are really pushing the vaccines hard. I was in Walmart and every 10-15 minutes there was an announcement that vaccines were available in the pharmacy, no appointment necessary, walk-ins welcome, it’s free, get it today. Strange times. Just strange times.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you AARC...or is it ARC?????
Did you know the Sturgis Bike Rally holds the record for having the most porta-potties in one location.

I think I remember being told that. Our friends have made a couple trips to Sturgis. Nasty things they are. But could be worse. I know because Bill posted videos about how things used to be. Publicly, I might add.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good evening fellas.

So this week I've been waiting impatiently for the DMV to give me an explanation as to what gives with the cheduling... they got nothing. I've also been cleaning up turkey spurs from birds I've gotten over the past ten years. Talk about procrastination! I'm going hunting again this weekend, and hopefully I'll see something this time.

I also bought a WWII american Trench coat! It has insignia for a sergeant in the 45th Infantry, 5th Army. It was worn by a soldier who fought from Italy, all the way through the final push through Germany. It's dated 1942.

Good luck with the turkey hunt, Rusty. We were in ky last weekend. Some guys were across the road hunting, mean while, at the farm we were on, right there on the hill, there was one . Could’ve shot him from the porch. Kinda funny.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well... i tried to be funny.

Bah... sometimes it works... sometimes it doesnt.

What can a poor ole imaginary captain of a chat thread turned imaginary ship full of VERY REAL scallywags do ?

:)

:P

Drink some rum.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
If I may say so, milady.

All the things that you now "have" to do. Because you retired and have all that wonderful new time?

Best to remember one thing....."We *teach* people how to treat us!"

Wake up....a little...that new time? It's *your* time! *YOU* EARNED IT!!

View attachment 1922063

Funny thing . I decided to gather all my pieces of crocks and, you guessed it, start cleaning them. Seriously, this is not a good hobby for someone who hates to clean.

I am a servant, sir. You know what I mean. But, hey, I got the cutest little she-shed. Life is good.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You gotta love the small town South. I was wearing my “Black Guns Matter” shirt today and if you’re from the South you know we strike up a conversation anywhere. So I pull up at the gas pump and a black fellow is pumping his gas and we locked eyes so I tell him good morning and he says good morning and then he aid my shirt was wrong it should say ALL GUNS MATTER and we both cracked up. In the rural South there’s just good and bad and the bad will get shot to protect good folk from being harmed . Love thy neighbor [emoji1317][emoji631][emoji1317]

Hey Truth! Good to hear a positive story of how it is in the real world.
Good to have you aboard, also.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 9.10.02 PM.png