THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
bcff37b4a99b6fa1526467c8e0a2d1dc.jpg :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We can't give up or give in Msbeepbeep.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
e8f183ff8b7c7ea1a442b7df8c7793dc.jpg Trying to be funny.:laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want scary & funny just post a pic of me with the I-pad trying to make it work!

I checked the I-pad it's only a 6. something, so come Sunday I will I fail the 10.3.4 level required & be back using my ph to get on here.
I fail to see why they just can't let it work how ever it can. Nope! Have to catapult the e-challenged into the fifth dimension.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya.....dont try and tell anyone that the equinox really isn't waterproof......started a firestorm of arguing and the thread was locked. They have false advertised that this machine is waterproof......its water resistant and is a wading machine only !! No one wants to here it !! If you buy a machine that claims to be waterproof and it dosent even come with waterproof headphones.....well then it ain't waterproof if you cant go in the water. No where does it say you will have to spend another 150$ on headphones to use it in the water. That brings the price to 800$. If you cant go to 8 feet for 20 minutes without it flooding then it ain't waterproof it's only water resistant. That means you can splash it....but dont splash it to much....you can go underwater but dont stay down to long. I love the machine and will get it fixed but it's only good in the water up to your waist. I'll go in the water with the excal like I always have. I'll use the light weight equinox on the beach and land sites. Machine is a good one....there advertising is deceptive !! View attachment 1766794

That's worrisome to me, because I want to buy that machine, and I was going to use it in a creek that is usually waist deep, but can go up to the elbows and chest area.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is lagged bad... obviously they don't want it to grow for whatever reason.

Once again as posted multiple times in past, server backups and virus scans are ran early in the mornings, that is what causes lagging in early mornings, it has nothing to do with this specific thread. This thread is just one of thousands of threads on Treasurenet, nothing more, nothing less.

Treasurenet could use a reality check.

Mods hand out reality checks.... End it now.

I HIGHLY recommend the verbal attacks on management and Treasurenet end now.

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just out of curiosity, TH, has Treasurenet ever had any problems with hackers, viruses?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Members need to remember we are owned by Forum Foundry who owns hundreds of forums, they run back ups and virus scans on their servers in the early morning hours EST, when they do it can cause lag if server becomes busy. The lag has absolutely nothing to do with trying to restrict this thread, it is ludicrous to think we would lag all the forums on TN just to restrict this thread, if we wanted to restrict thread we would just lock it.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey treasure hunter.....how do I get my second banner to register under my avatar and info ??? I also noticed that calabash diggers recent banner was not up at the top even though he was credited with a banner ??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey treasure hunter.....how do I get my second banner to register under my avatar and info ??? I also noticed that calabash diggers recent banner was not up at the top even though he was credited with a banner ??

On Calibash are you referring to the thread "Intact Westerwald mug and other Colonial relics found today."? If so it didnt qualify for banner. Per post the finds were made by multiple hunters including some who are not members. Group finds do not qualify if specific items are not listed as found by a specific Treasurenet member
Example a member is out with family members teaching them to hunt and a family member who is not a member finds a gold coin while being taught how to detect, the coin would not qualify for banner even though it was a fantastic find.

I will look into the banner avatar missing and get back to you on it. What banner find is it, can you give me a link to thread?

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sho is quite round hea.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its freaking my cats out....there looking for crickets !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I can get some haunted sounds and screams and then hide the phone under my kids bed !!!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya.....this will work !!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sho is quite round hea.

Well it's been a little too exciting around here. Yesterday my friend shot a cull white tail buck. Any ways we dragged it out and got it back to his place in the dark. Here is the crying part of the story- he has a barn cat that had thee kittens in his garage. They are about the size of gray squirrels. They are all friendly kittens, but the friendliest one always like to be under foot, and although cats may be able to see in the dark, men can't. I don't know what to feel worse about, the poor kitten or my friend that tripped over it. Had to put it down. [sniff]:sadsmiley:

I'm smoking a goose to bring him this afternoon. That ought to cheer him up a bit.

Today he's got venison to take to the sausage maker a few towns over, so I'm going along today. This morning I went out and captured four buffleheads ducks for dinner tomorrow. Speedy little buggers, but dummer than a bag of rock picks. I had me double barrel, shot two out of a flock of twelve, the ten left came back around and tried to land. I shot two more and reloaded to stop one that crippled. The eight left just sat there and watched me dispatch the struggler before taking off. They are dumb birds but this flock was particularly stupid. Maybe they were just really tired.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Duckshot
Ducks and geese fly over my house nearly everyday right before dark but you gear up and go hunting, not a damn bird within 20 miles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread