THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't believe in ghosts. I never have, and I doubt that I ever will. However, my parents and a family friend would like to say otherwise.

I'll start off with the family friends account.

He lives on the Wilderness battlefield edge, and every night, especially early summer nights, he will smell tobacco, coffee and campfire smoke. In the daytime, he will smell gunpowder, especially during the battles anniversary. My dad had permission to metal detect his yard, but because of his work shift, he asn't able to in the daytime. So one night, my dad is in his front yard swinging his detector, while his friend was on the porch watching. My dag dug up a fired bullet, and as he did, he got cold chills, and felt like he was being watched, opposite the front porch area. He never went back at night again.

This next one confuses me, and I'm still stubborn about my unbelief.

When my mom and dad got married, they visited Gettysburg a lot. They loved walking the battlefield early in the morning. Once, they arrived at the crack of dawn. It was a crystal clear, quiet summer morning. They were walking beside Devils Den. Then all of a sudden, a thick mist rolled in, and they heard very clearly, reveille being played on the drums, and a soft bugle call in the distance. They walked towards the sound, as it kept playing, and the sound never got louder, or quieter. They followed the sounds of the drums for about five minutes, before they stopped, faded away, and the mists rolled back. They searched that area for hours, looking for a prankster drum player, and even went to the office, finding nothing.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rook are you taking flight this Halloween?
And what might you be handing out :icon_scratch::laughing7:

Yeah beeps
Taking tha kids out for a bit. b6987807e459329e80a3bd30ee4c5bd7.gif :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't believe in ghosts. I never have, and I doubt that I ever will. However, my parents and a family friend would like to say otherwise.

I'll start off with the family friends account.

He lives on the Wilderness battlefield edge, and every night, especially early summer nights, he will smell tobacco, coffee and campfire smoke. In the daytime, he will smell gunpowder, especially during the battles anniversary. My dad had permission to metal detect his yard, but because of his work shift, he asn't able to in the daytime. So one night, my dad is in his front yard swinging his detector, while his friend was on the porch watching. My dag dug up a fired bullet, and as he did, he got cold chills, and felt like he was being watched, opposite the front porch area. He never went back at night again.

This next one confuses me, and I'm still stubborn about my unbelief.

When my mom and dad got married, they visited Gettysburg a lot. They loved walking the battlefield early in the morning. Once, they arrived at the crack of dawn. It was a crystal clear, quiet summer morning. They were walking beside Devils Den. Then all of a sudden, a thick mist rolled in, and they heard very clearly, reveille being played on the drums, and a soft bugle call in the distance. They walked towards the sound, as it kept playing, and the sound never got louder, or quieter. They followed the sounds of the drums for about five minutes, before they stopped, faded away, and the mists rolled back. They searched that area for hours, looking for a prankster drum player, and even went to the office, finding nothing.

Sounds like somebody in that families a Trick or Treater. :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
[Glowing wounds. After the Battle of Shiloh in 1862, soldiers reported a peculiar phenomenon: glow-in-the-dark wounds. More than 16,000 soldiers from both armies were wounded during the battle, and neither Union nor Confederate medical personnel were prepared for the carnage. Soldiers lay in the mud for two rainy days, and many of them noticed that their wounds glowed in the dark. In fact, the injured whose wounds glowed seemed to heal better than the others. In 2001, two Maryland teenagers solved the mystery (and won a top prize at an international science fair). The wounded became hypothermic, and their lowered body temperatures made ideal conditions for a bioluminescent bacterium called Photorhabdus luminescens, which inhibits pathogens.]
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...out-the-civil-war-178230/#9JZpF7kDy5f7Vumg.99

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pray for my dad guys. He fell and hit his head 20 minutes ago, and he has a concussion. He can't remember what he was doing or anything. They're one their way to the hospital, my brother and I are at the house.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
my prayers go out to your dad and your family RR

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hoping all is better with your Dad soon RR.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man....sorry rusty. Be strong for your mom and dad they need your strength now.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pray for my dad guys. He fell and hit his head 20 minutes ago, and he has a concussion. He can't remember what he was doing or anything. They're one their way to the hospital, my brother and I are at the house.

Sorry to hear... and hope all is well.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He is alert now, and waiting on the results of tests.

My mom was frantic, and I had to calm her down, check for vital signs, look for broken stuff, etc. He slipped on the wet sidewalk, and hit his head on a brick paver so hard, his head bounced. He didn't know why he was out there, what he was doing, how he fell, nothing. He did remember our names, where we lived etc. so at least he doesn't have amnesia.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant believe that many on this site dont know how important a black light can be for treasure hunting. When searching a house it is indispensable.....if paint plaster or cement has been disturbed or repaired you will see it with a black light. I learned this trick from a former DEA agent. It was one of many tricks we used to search houses when I was doing estate sales and clean outs. We found a hidden and plastered door way in an upstate New York home. Once we got through there was a whole room hidden there. This room had a complete still and bottles of full moonshine. It was all there frozen in time just as it was left. 2 summers ago I explored that room with the black light and found another entrance to a tunnel that led out to a cement trap door outside under the wood pile. Next summer I will go back and search for the money that we all believe is hidden there somewhere. I just assumed that this was common knowledge. Now I can see that it is forgotten common knowledge. I dont use mine but once in a blue moon but it works well and will show things even under a fresh coat of paint. DEA uses this technique to search for hidden caches put in walls still to this day.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is alert now, and waiting on the results of tests.

My mom was frantic, and I had to calm her down, check for vital signs, look for broken stuff, etc. He slipped on the wet sidewalk, and hit his head on a brick paver so hard, his head bounced. He didn't know why he was out there, what he was doing, how he fell, nothing. He did remember our names, where we lived etc. so at least he doesn't have amnesia.

Good job rusty....glad to here hes alright. Good job comforting your mom. It takes a calm sense and panic free response to calm those around you in a situation like that. Give our best to your father.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job rusty....glad to here hes alright. Good job comforting your mom. It takes a calm sense and panic free response to calm those around you in a situation like that. Give our best to your father.

I don't get frantic at the sight of blood. (I watch horror movies while eating dinner, and help gut deer no problem) She on the other hand goes into hysterics.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Keep us in the know RR. Hope he's OK.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Brrrr. Snowing and windy. After rain and sleet and snow.
5 hours without power till I called a third time and told them the top was burned off the power pole out front...

Did move the tractor out of the tarp shed ,inflate cart tires and think about digging the generator out.

Last night with our oldest dog.
A great girl who's time is up....

Happy Halloween all!
Pinched a couple pieces of candy at the restaurant. Still have one left.
Plus the three bags I bought for trick or treaters here.
(We don't get trick or treaters out here. Candy! Yumm. My dentist will be pleased.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread