THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to use full screen names. I was looking at my profile and preferences and as I understand it, if someone posts your name somewhere, you will get a notification. Has anyone noticed that working? Neat feature if it does work.
That is the way it is suppose to work.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
WD. Hi

Hi it’s been spreading across the country for awhile now.Up here now people are finding dead deer mostly by water and a person close by just found four dead deer in her yard..We have deer in the yard every day but not as many lately ..supposedly it started by game farms feeding dead deer to the trophy deer I heard..also the stripers are getting a disease where they get spots on their skin and if you catch one and have a open wound you can also get it.They say it’s caused by the warm waters where they spend their winters and by over populations..
Please stay safe it’s a tough world be live in now

Check out the scabies /sheep/cervid theory out West in early C.W.D. history recognition.

When numbers of deer are found dead in/near water E.H.D. gets suspected before C.W.D..
Been areas around Mi. again this year with E.H.D. noted.

Out West a friend visiting there is finding multiple species of cervids dead from bluetongue and either E.H.D. or C.W.D. on his deer hunt.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Small question.....there used to be a button at the bottom that took you back up to the top of the screen. Instead of having to scroll all the way back up. Gone?
The little bugger is erratic.
It keeps playing peek a boo.
Moving the scroll rectangle for moving the page up and down gets it to become visible. Not sure if it's fool proof though . ( I'm running a laptop so don't know about other devices.)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi and also the striper bass population has a disease where spots appears on their skin and if you catch one and have a open wound you might also be affected..I heard it’s caused by their over population in the warm waters where they winter.Up here I used to enjoy catching 20-30 pound plus
Stripers in the spring when they arrive but now due to all the problems you are only allowed to keep one small fish per day and the larger fish have to be returned .One early morning I was using live herring for bait and my new $200 rod and reel that I purchased the night before flew so so fast thru the air and when it hit the water the eyes in the rod we’re making air bubbles..I waited for low tide but never saw them again..Stay safe and hope your next outings are Rewarding
Lol I can’t tell you how many rods and reels we have lost like that over the years. The Mr got lucky a couple times and caught them back. One time it was while perch fishing in Lake Erie, if you can believe that! We have quite a few lost in our pond and a couple of those snagged and recovered.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Talking about fishing...Is this really "Fishing" ?... Some of these "Pro-Touring" Bass guys come to the lake 2 days before the tournament and scout the shorelines for active beds with the biggest Bass.Then they GPS their locations and return during the tournament to catch em.:icon_scratch:
We call that “Pre-fishing.” Yep, that’s how the walleye tournaments go too.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting