THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning Bill, Bart and Roger. :wave:

Bart, that was an interesting story about your sister's sleepwalking experience. When my wife and I first moved in together in 1991, we were in a rented basement apartment in Toronto. She told me, that one night I'd unlocked our front door and I was walking naked down the driveway, she had chase after me. :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had lost my appetite by the time I woke her.
She had grits cooked but nothing was in the skillets. They were heated up but nothing in um. That what I smelled in the bedroom, burning metal. The kitchen was filled with smoke. I ask her what she was cooking and she just said breakfast. I ask at 3 o’clock in the morning? So I sent her to bed and I cleaned up. Kinda scary.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She had grits cooked but nothing was in the skillets. They were heated up but nothing in um. That what I smelled in the bedroom, burning metal. The kitchen was filled with smoke. I ask her what she was cooking and she just said breakfast. I ask at 3 o’clock in the morning? So I sent her to bed and I cleaned up. Kinda scary.
Hope you dont have the "coated" pots and pans... I think that stuff is poisonous when burned.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For those who wish to help out the monarch butterflies here's a video on saving seeds of milkweed for propagation.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to thank everyone for their support with regard to my losing permission to detect at least a half dozen sites. I have taken your advice and had drawn up a document from a template I'd downloaded years ago.

I'll post a copy of it below... please let me know what you all think. :thumbsup:
Love the form but maybe too much info to post here!? :o

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small question.

I may have missed an answer somewhere. But we used to be able to edit our own post after posting it, at least for a short bit of time.

I don't see that option anymore. I always tend to proofread my posts. Sometimes, I goof. Wrong words, misspelling, wrong pic, etc. Seems that now I can't fix those.

What am I missing? :icon_scratch:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Small question.

I may have missed an answer somewhere. But we used to be able to edit our own post after posting it, at least for a short bit of time.

I don't see that option anymore. I always tend to proofread my posts. Sometimes, I goof. Wrong words, misspelling, wrong pic, etc. Seems that now I can't fix those.

What am I missing? :icon_scratch:
Wif, Well at least on my desktop the edit feature shows up on the bottom left side of the post.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wif, Well at least on my desktop the edit feature shows up on the bottom left side of the post.
Not seeing anything on my screen. :dontknow:

CHECK THAT!!!

Just found a window that can be expanded. All that was showing was the "report" option and an "arrow". Option is in there. Thanks!

It shows up properly if the screen is in "landscape" .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread